Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Don't laugh...what about Marcedes Lewis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the surface, this would seem like an absurd proposition.  But our TE situation is bad, really bad.  We're not going to get Pitts, and this is a thin draft for TEs. I don't see Marcedes as a starter, and I think his best days are behind him, but I watched him with Packers. He didn't catch many passes (because he wasn't targeted that often), but the ones he did catch were clutch and memorable. He does have that going for him.

We could get him for a year, cheap.
We already have our blocking TE now.. Arguably the best run blocking TE in the league from what I've read.
Good blocker, but never what I would call a "clutch" receiver and he'll be 37 in two months.  Let's invest in the future and forget the past.
I'd sign him

to a one-day deal so he can retire a Jag.
(03-17-2021, 12:30 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]I'd sign him

to a one-day deal so he can retire a Jag.

+1 I hope this is what happens when he decides to retire.
I can see this occurring if we just don't find the right go forward guys to give us the depth we need...
Lewis? Nope
He's 36. He wasn't ever all that great of a player to begin with. Time to hang up the cleats.
Don't laugh?......Buuuwhhaaaahahaaahaaaa!!!
Eh, no thanks. He's way past his prime and doesn't really give us anything we don't already have.
.....no.
Ummm what? No way. I think we need to draft a TE
I’ll never forgive him for dropping a wide open TD in his rookie season. The closest defender was 20 yards away.
(03-20-2021, 10:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll never forgive him for dropping a wide open TD in his rookie season. The closest defender was 20 yards away.

My dad went nuts on that one. I thought they were going to ask us to leave he made such a fuss. Dad is a very passionate game day fan. Lol.