Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The DBs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am very disappointed with this group.  

Ramsey is the only one that seems to play with a little attitude.  

Here are a couple of fun stats to take a look at.  

Rivers had a 138 QB rating, 4 touchdowns and haha 7 incompletions.  Our DBs didn't manage to get one single Pass Defensed. Is that some kind of joke?  In two games this defense has managed only 1 pass defensed.  

The Chargers Defense combined for 12 pass defensed, and the Packers had 7.  

Also, does Cyprien get worse every game?  If i see him lunge his shoulder into one more player without wrapping up I am going to lose it.  Cyprien, you don't hit hard, no NFL WR is scared of you.  Wrap your damn arms around the runner's legs.  

And Gratz?  You have got to be one of the biggest disappointments so far for me.  I thought you had promise your rookie year.  Shame on me.  

These two players should be embarrassed after that 44 yard touchdown where Williams ran right through the both of them.  Neither player should be on the field for this team, period.  The sad part is, these two players are both in their 4th year, and both play like they are still in college.  This ain't FIU Cyprien.  Wake up.

I swear House gets flagged on every play.

Quote:I swear House gets flagged on every play.
Yeah, i forgot to even mention House.  Loafing his [BLEEP] off on the 44 yard touchdown.  
At this point it has to be the coaching. 4 years now. Every year it's the same thing. No turnovers and these guys aren't even able to get their hands on the ball and stay tight in coverage. idk. We get different players every year and the result is the same. The only constant is the coaching staff.

I'd feel good about house and Ramsey (or prince and ramsey) on the corners with Colvin in the slot if we could just have them all available. The CBs aren't so bad. Just unavailable.

Safety is a different story. They both seem to be hot and cold, but not consistently good. Gipson hasn't shown much yet and Cypriens days are numbered.
It is pretty sad that some of these players don't know the simple fundamentals of the game of football. 
House is the worst of them all.
Was saying this earlier in preseason. I think since this coaching staff took over our linebackers have more int's than the cbs. It is pretty

Pathetic. They have no idea how to go for the ball.
What the [BLEEP] happened to House? Against the Packers he played soft, this year he is playing softer. Its a shame.

Quote:Was saying this earlier in preseason. I think since this coaching staff took over our linebackers have more int's than the cbs. It is pretty

Pathetic. They have no idea how to go for the ball.

It's the soft zone. The DBs are never in position to make a play on the ball.
Quote:I am very disappointed with this group.

Ramsey is the only one that seems to play with a little attitude.

Here are a couple of fun stats to take a look at.

Rivers had a 138 QB rating, 4 touchdowns and haha 7 incompletions. Our DBs didn't manage to get one single Pass Defensed. Is that some kind of joke? In two games this defense has managed only 1 pass defensed.

The Chargers Defense combined for 12 pass defensed, and the Packers had 7.

Also, does Cyprien get worse every game? If i see him lunge his shoulder into one more player without wrapping up I am going to lose it. Cyprien, you don't hit hard, no NFL WR is scared of you. Wrap your damn arms around the runner's legs.

And Gratz? You have got to be one of the biggest disappointments so far for me. I thought you had promise your rookie year. Shame on me.

These two players should be embarrassed after that 44 yard touchdown where Williams ran right through the both of them. Neither player should be on the field for this team, period. The sad part is, these two players are both in their 4th year, and both play like they are still in college. This ain't FIU Cyprien. Wake up.

Why can't myles jack play SS? He would play faster than Cyprien
From what I seen from the offense and defense the first 2 games are the players don't come out with a sense of urgency as the other team. The other team comes out more aggressive and show their opponent they mean business but for us we come out soft. I just don't see a sense of toughness and aggressiveness from our team. I'd say more players need to come out aggressive as telvin smith has. He comes out with a sense of urgency and is ready to attack.
The only thing people have to complain about Cyprien, from this past game is him throwing a shoulder into a WR, after said WR already ran freely down the field for 40 yards...

If that's the only complaint about Cyp from this past game...... Get over it, honestly.

Yea, he very well may be gone after this season, but please stop dwelling on the fact that he tried to shoulder a WR, instead of wrapping him up after the WR freely ran down the field wide open.

Would Cyp tackling him at the 3 yard line really make that much of a difference? Highly doubtful with the way this entire clown show preformed this past Sunday.

Cyp has been hit or miss, there's no denying that over his entire career here. But to single him out on a play that wasn't his responsibility, is down right idiotic.

Remember how everyone here loved house signing, why do you think the packers let him go, cus he is not really a #1, #2,#3 corner. Aaron Rodgers made him look good.
Quote:It's the soft zone. The DBs are never in position to make a play on the ball.
I agree. The scheme is the main problem
Quote:From what I seen from the offense and defense the first 2 games are the players don't come out with a sense of urgency as the other team. The other team comes out more aggressive and show their opponent they mean business but for us we come out soft. I just don't see a sense of toughness and aggressiveness from our team. I'd say more players need to come out aggressive as telvin smith has. He comes out with a sense of urgency and is ready to attack.
Agree here as well. An attacking, aggressive scheme that wants to make plays and force turnovers would be a breath of fresh air
I really like Amukamura. Too bad he was out for the San Diego game.

House has been a problem? He got burned once in two games against two of the best QBs and without much a pass rush. Giving up a TD on one of the greatest throws and catches ever with the Rodgers TD is just a fluke that I don't blame him for. 

That's unfair expectations for what cornerbacks are if you think he has been bad IMO. 

And obviously the Chargers and Packers are going to have a lot more passes defended than we are. Rodgers and Rivers have two of the quickest releases and didn't face much pass rush. That's a really tough combination for our secondary to have to deal with.

Bortles is facing a lot of pass rush and has a release that is a whopping ~.2 seconds slower than theirs. DBs have an infinitely easier time defending against our passing attack than either of the Packers or Chargers.

And lastly, I think our secondary has been perfectly fine so far.

No on would argue that they did bad against the Packers. They did decently against the Chargers too, honestly. Rivers had plays of 42, 43, and 44 yards, two of which came against the linebackers. Gates, Gordon, and Woodhead accounted for another 37 yards that was most likely also the fault of the Linebackers. That means out of Rivers 220 yards, 54 total yards were on our DBs outside of the House burn. That's not too bad at all to me, especially considering some of that damage was also done against Gratz while Amukamara and Colvin are out. 

I see no reason to be blaming the secondary at the moment. Ok, a little on Cyp. 

Pages: 1 2