Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So who's really to blame on the crossing routes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: CswAnDCVYAA_I-x.jpg]

I know Poz has taken a bunch of blame for yesterday but from the looks of it the blame belongs to the secondary. Take a look for yourself.
[BLEEP] is Gratz doing?
Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED] is Gratz doing?

Looks pretty funny. You have everyone on defense looking at where the ball is going or covering someone, and Gratz isn't covering anyone and looking the complete opposite direction. Makes me think of the Gators play a couple years ago where they were blocking each other on the field.
Davon House

They ran the crossing routes ALL DAY. Every single time a linebacker was matched up. Literally, every single time. I don't think Poz is to blame at all, he can't cover those guys. Thing is the scheme that the ice cream cone man has requires Poz to be covering them. 

I believe Gratz was benched shortly after this. I remember seeing Johnson come in and no more Gratz.

As bad as we looked, I guarantee you this: if Prince and Colvin were playing, we wouldn't have been burned like that.
Each of them is a little different. There's plenty of blame to go 'round.

Wish I had time to make the gifs tonight - but too much work to do....
Quote:Davon House

This.

He was also roasted on another play for a TD
I don't know, but good god.

Is this Bama playing Prairie View? This team had 4 guys covering Antonio Gates and Travis Benjamin, meanwhile leaving Inman or whatever no name player that was alone while streaking across the field. 

Knarn I wish you would put up a gif of the end of the play.  That was even more comical.  Two Dbs(Gratz and Cyprien) a combined 4 arms and 8 years NFL experience only managed to get two shoulders on the player. 

Great tackling guys.  Glad to see you are adapting to the NFL. 

News Flash Cyprien....

You don't hit that hard, no NFL player is scared of you.  Wrap up for the love of god. 

The SS plays down in the box and is the cover guy on that play. Classic cover 3 zone.
That is one [BLEEP] up cover 3. Good lord. What the hell is Gratz doing?
Quote:[Image: CswAnDCVYAA_I-x.jpg]

I know Poz has taken a bunch of blame for yesterday but from the looks of it the blame belongs to the secondary. Take a look for yourself.

Look at Gipson playing MASSIVE CENTER FIELD
Gratz played man instead of zone. He should have been in the flat there to make the tackle. The rest of the team then could not make a tackle.

Quote:I believe Gratz was benched shortly after this. I remember seeing Johnson come in and no more Gratz.

As bad as we looked, I guarantee you this: if Prince and Colvin were playing, we wouldn't have been burned like that.

I'd of put Gratz playing outside and Ramsey playing nickel.
Quote:I'd of put

Awesome#
After seeing this, how do you not bench players? They failed to recognize the coverage at the line. Bench the player who called the scheme, fire the coach who sent in the scheme, bench the players who failed to recognize the offense.

Lol and they don't play Jack because he doesn't have the playbook down.

I guess pretty much the whole damn D shouldn't be playing. 

Pathetic.

If one guy wasn't hurt or the other guy could stay out of trouble it probably would not have happened. The other question is how bad are we to be getting so many penalties. Or are they just hating cause we are that good. And how bout that hit Jalen put on I believe it was Gordon.

"It's ok Gratzer, you totally blew your assignment, but you headed the wrong way with a lot of effort man, alot of spirit man! This is a good learning opportoony man! If you can repeat that effort and remember your assignment next time man, you would be unstoppable man! Just get better and compete out there man, the wins will magically come eventually man! Isn't this great man! So much fun man! Some great growth right there Gratzer, some great growth today man!"
If that's true on Gratz playing man instead of zone I'd think long and hard about cutting him. That's amateur hour. He's been in this defense as long as any player on the roster.

Josh Johnson too for his ridiculous block in the back penalty on that punt return.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6