Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Hunt: Ch 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://youtu.be/T-qCbyL8utI

I wonder who they were talking about when they say he couldn't play T but he would be willing to play G.

My guess is Leatherwood.
(04-22-2021, 10:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/T-qCbyL8utI

I wonder who they were talking about when they say he couldn't play T but he would be willing to play G.

My guess is Leatherwood.

Teven Jenkins is another tackle who is slated to move inside at the next level.
My first thought was Vera-Tucker
(04-23-2021, 08:32 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]My first thought was Vera-Tucker

I think he will be gone before 25.
Maaaaaan I hope so. AVT would be a perfect fit for the Jags Oline considering he can play multiple positions.

Couple takeaways

1. Urban is getting me fired up and it's only April. Very excited.
2. Interesting that Cullen pounded the table for Jihad Ward. Ward has shown flashes but isn't that consistent.
3. I hope the lineman they're talking about for 25 is either Jenkins or AVT. Regardless, it's good to hear them talk about Oline at 25.
4. I want that coffee mug Baalke had in the meeting room.
I am praying that Meyer isn't lying (yet again...) about value value value over need. That would mean no Freiermuth until at least pick 65, thank god.

(04-23-2021, 08:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]3. I hope the lineman they're talking about for 25 is either Jenkins or AVT. Regardless, it's good to hear them talk about Oline at 25.

They were splicing so many clips I'm not sure that we can really draw any conclusions from what we thought we heard.
(04-23-2021, 08:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
Maaaaaan I hope so. AVT would be a perfect fit for the Jags Oline considering he can play multiple positions.

Couple takeaways

1. Urban is getting me fired up and it's only April. Very excited.
2. Interesting that Cullen pounded the table for Jihad Ward. Ward has shown flashes but isn't that consistent.
3. I hope the lineman they're talking about for 25 is either Jenkins or AVT. Regardless, it's good to hear them talk about Oline at 25.
4. I want that coffee mug Baalke had in the meeting room.

1.  Yeah, that speech he gave got me stoked!

3.  My feeling is that is smoke.  There's no way they release a video for public consumption revealing what they are thinking a week before the draft.
(04-23-2021, 08:29 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2021, 10:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/T-qCbyL8utI

My guess is Leatherwood.

Teven Jenkins is another tackle who is slated to move inside at the next level.

I'd say he's RT material.
(04-23-2021, 04:35 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2021, 08:29 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Teven Jenkins is another tackle who is slated to move inside at the next level.

I'd say he's RT material.

Me too.  He has the feet to handle edge rushers in pass protection and the nasty to handle DEs in the running game.

My ideal candidates for RT are Jenkins, Jalen Mayfield and Spencer Brown.  My ideal LT candidates (at least those we could be in position to get) are Darrisaw and Cosmi.

My ideal swing candidates are AVT and Eichenberg.
I don't think anyone still has Mayfield at tackle after his putrid pro day. He was probably 50/50 at best before that.
Man, I wish Poz was still here in his prime. I can’t but help think he would absolutely thrive in this atmosphere.
(04-24-2021, 03:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I wish Poz was still here in his prime. I can’t but help think he would absolutely thrive in this atmosphere.

The problem is that Poz hated playing in a 3-4.  That's why he came down here in the first place.  So while the atmosphere would be an improvement for him, the scheme would not be.

That said, it's unfortunate we couldn't win more while he was here.  He certainly deserved it.