Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden Issues Public School Critical Race Theory Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A generation of kids being taught this racist crap will be the end. A generation of kids dumber than the current generation of kids? lol.. We are moving towards a real "idiocracy" 

Stupid people are dangerous people. 

https://pjmedia.com/columns/kimberlyherm...r-n1441832
private and home schooling are about to take off like you have never before seen. Governors are also more important than ever.
"Conservatives and non-woke liberals must draw a line in the sand against radicalized indoctrination."

https://americanmind.org/salvo/standing-...ce-theory/
Education is not a federal issue. It's time we put these D.C. interlopers back in their closet.
Good God, what a freaking nightmare this administration is.
As a homeschooling parent I just feel better about our decision every year. Not only do we teach our kids the fundamentals we also expose them to life skills and they only do school 4 days a week and we finish two months before public schools finish each year.
(04-23-2021, 01:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]As a homeschooling parent I just feel better about our decision every year. Not only do we teach our kids the fundamentals we also expose them to life skills and they only do school 4 days a week and we finish two months before public schools finish each year.

We home school our 12 year old, but I wanted him to go back to school next year, but not what this garbage. He's staying home.
(04-23-2021, 01:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]As a homeschooling parent I just feel better about our decision every year. Not only do we teach our kids the fundamentals we also expose them to life skills and they only do school 4 days a week and we finish two months before public schools finish each year.

In the age of indoctrination, this is probably a wise choice. These kids aren't getting taught the basic skills needed to be a fully functional, working adult. 

All these kids are being taught is victimhood..

Another reason why I'm in favor of privatizing our schooling system. Most people cringe at that statement, but fail to realize what it actually means. They think "private school" and think it's going to cost them extra money.. When in fact, privatizing means hiring an outside company to teach these kids and their pay is based on productivity. They'll be taught what they need, and not what Libby the Liberal thinks what they need to be taught. That will be the end of indoctrination..
We need to abolish the Department of Education
(04-23-2021, 01:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]We need to abolish the Department of Education

This.. All day..
(04-23-2021, 01:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]

We home school our 12 year old, but I wanted him to go back to school next year, but not what this garbage. He's staying home.

As a former teacher, I've told my friends for years that this is the opposite of what they should be doing. Elementary is relatively fine as it pertains to public education. Kids can't really understand complicated social issues, so, as long as the school tests well, it's safe to put them in public schools up until about the 5th grade. After that, home school or private school, because the indoctrination gets ridiculous. I was a teacher in TX and I could believe how bad it was starting in 7th and 8th grades. I have my kids in public school now, but they are out of there after elementary.
(04-23-2021, 02:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2021, 01:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]We home school our 12 year old, but I wanted him to go back to school next year, but not what this garbage. He's staying home.

As a former teacher, I've told my friends for years that this is the opposite of what they should be doing. Elementary is relatively fine as it pertains to public education. Kids can't really understand complicated social issues, so, as long as the school tests well, it's safe to put them in public schools up until about the 5th grade. After that, home school or private school, because the indoctrination gets ridiculous. I was a teacher in TX and I could believe how bad it was starting in 7th and 8th grades. I have my kids in public school now, but they are out of there after elementary.

He was in private school until the 4th grade, then we home schooled and still do. Its irritating because he has athletic potential and I want him to have that opportunity, I am torn on what to do.
Homeschooled kids can be assigned to a public school for sports.

https://hslda.org/post/public-school-acc...in-florida
(04-23-2021, 02:18 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Homeschooled kids can be assigned to a public school for sports.

AWESOME!!! 

Thank you!!
Np, dude.
I see a future where teachers break off from the public school system and teach a class of kids for a fraction of the cost of a private school.

We recently had a woman in our neighborhood offer to teach kindergarten to any kids of age in the neighborhood.

Think about it. 5k a year per kid with a class of 15 gives a teacher 75K, a massive pay bump over what they are making now.
I had some friends offer me something similar. It's really not a bad idea, but I just am not interested in teaching elementary stuff. I'm also not sure what the law says in this regard. I might revisit the idea when they get to middle school age, though.
(04-23-2021, 02:18 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Homeschooled kids can be assigned to a public school for sports.

That's how Tebow did it.
(04-23-2021, 01:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]We need to abolish the Department of Education

I've been saying this for years.
(04-23-2021, 02:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I see a future where teachers break off from the public school system and teach a class of kids for a fraction of the cost of a private school.

We recently had a woman in our neighborhood offer to teach kindergarten to any kids of age in the neighborhood.

Think about it. 5k a year per kid with a class of 15 gives a teacher 75K, a massive pay bump over what they are making now.
(04-23-2021, 02:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I had some friends offer me something similar. It's really not a bad idea, but I just am not interested in teaching elementary stuff. I'm also not sure what the law says in this regard. I might revisit the idea when they get to middle school age, though.
Yep it would be great and small class sizes. Main issue will be insurance and local codes on what business you can run from a home.

Now if a charter school provides the insurance, building, etc for a small fee, then it works out great. They could even provide teachers for each subject for older kids.

Then you have completely replaced a school. You still have to have an approved standards, pass tests, etc so it's not really possible unless you label it as a tutor. So a tutor helps the kids with their approved lessons from a home school or online school.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2