Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best article ever after yesterday's loss.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/9/19/1...-to-change

I couldn't have said it any better.

I have to agree with the points made! Unfortunately, I think it's time we change our coaching staff yet again.... Luckily enough, our team is young enough to be able to and not have to rebuild the player base.

GO JAGS!!

Quote:I have to agree with the points made! Unfortunately, I think it's time we change our coaching staff yet again.... Luckily enough, our team is young enough to be able to and not have to rebuild the player base.

GO JAGS!!

Good point. But at this point they may have to rebuild the "fan base".
It's def time....and it's the fan base that "pays the bills".....just ask Mr Lamping.

If it's true that Malik ripped into Todd "Gus Jr." Wash, then that's good news.

One, he can recognize how incompetent the staff is. And two, he actually gives a [BLEEP] and wants to win and isn't just here to collect his $90MM.
Malik ripped Wash! Lol this is great
I'm having the same feelings now, that I had the years we let Tom and Jack go.

Gus has time to salvage the season, but I just don't see it based on history.

Time to sit back and watch as he seals the deal, or surprises the hell out of everyone.

Gus sealed his fate yesterday. He's not salvaging squat. It would take a miracle after what we saw yesterday.
Gus seems more humble than usual. I think he knows its over and there's nothing he can do. He's just going to ride the wave until it stops.

Quote:If it's true that Malik ripped into Todd "Gus Jr." Wash, then that's good news.

One, he can recognize how incompetent the staff is. And two, he actually gives a [BAD WORD REMOVED] and wants to win and isn't just here to collect his $90MM.

Being that Malik Jackson is guaranteed $ 42 million from the Jaguars and Todd Wash is guaranteed a small fraction of that amount,  Wash has plenty to be concerned about if things don't improve pretty quickly for the Jaguars Defense.  Other than Blake Bortles and Allen Robinson,   Jackson's position in the organization is probably more secure than all of the other players,  coaches,  and front office people not in the Khan family.  
Jackson hasn't done squat yet.
He's played well when I've watched him. He's gotten pressures which is what he's good at, disrupting.
Quote:Jackson hasn't done squat yet.

Jackson has been as advertised. He gets alot of push up the middle. I saw at least a few pressures from him yesterday.
I would never use the word "best" to describe a BCC article. My 4 year old has better writing than those turds.
Quote:Jackson hasn't done squat yet.

Time will tell if Malik Jackson lives up to or comes close to performing at the level of the contract.   But if Jackson has a disappointing season and a coaching change occurs,  it's going to be difficult to move on from Jackson because of his contract even if the Jaguars want to move on.   Though I'm certainly not questioning the Jaguars decision to sign Jackson to this contract,  with a high amount of guaranteed money,   there's certainly risks associated with the contract.  

Gus peaks at 5 wins/season, including preseason
Quote: Time will tell if Malik Jackson lives up to or comes close to performing at the level of the contract. But if Jackson has a disappointing season and a coaching change occurs, it's going to be difficult to move on from Jackson because of his contract even if the Jaguars want to move on. Though I certainly not questioning the Jaguars decision to sign Jackson to this contract, with a high amount of guaranteed money, there's certainly risks associated with the contract.

Gotta think twice about signing guys from elite offenses/denfenses. Their teammates mask their weaknesses and they cant get it done on their own
Quote:Gus peaks at 5 wins/season, including preseason

Through this point in time,  Gus probably got more out of the Jaguars in 2013,  his least talented team than anytime since then.   Unless this changes soon,  it's hard to imagine Gus surviving as the team's HC.  
Quote:Gotta think twice about signing guys from elite offenses/denfenses. Their teammates mask their weaknesses and they cant get it done on their own

That's often the case.

One thing that caught my attention though in the Broncos season opener against the Panthers is their interior Defensive Lineman weren't getting as much push and penetration as in past seasons when Malik Jackson was on the field for them.    For most of the game,  that helped limit the impact of Von Miller.   To Miller's credit,  he came up with a sack late in the game that was huge at the time. 
Once the noise in the system starts, it is rarely silenced. It has started even in the local media. Prisco is raising the question about firing Gus at the bye. Even Boselli is talking about it. 

Pages: 1 2 3