Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Couple of Articles About the Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New York Post < Link

Trevor Lawrence is about to take Jaguars by storm: ‘He can do anything’

New York Times < Link

Urban Meyer's Renewal in Jacksonville

After years of disarray, the Jaguars have what the team’s owner called “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in football” — the No. 1 pick in the N.F.L. draft and a coach who knows what to do with him.
(04-26-2021, 07:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]New York Post < Link

New York Times < Link

After years of disarray, the Jaguars have what the team’s owner called “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in football” — the No. 1 pick in the N.F.L. draft and a coach who knows what to do with him.

Great reads.  Thanks for sharing.

I hope Meyer knows what to do with Lawrence.  What gives me the most concern is the praise he gives the current O-Line.

I hope he and Warhop can improve their levels of play.  If so, we have the skill players to make some noise.
(04-26-2021, 09:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2021, 07:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]New York Post < Link

New York Times < Link

Great reads.  Thanks for sharing.

I hope Meyer knows what to do with Lawrence.  What gives me the most concern is the praise he gives the current O-Line.

I hope he and Warhop can improve their levels of play.  If so, we have the skill players to make some noise.

Meyer has had a good eye for talent so maybe it'll turn out they'll be used differently under the new staff (even though the position coach was retained). That's the hope anyway.
Thx for the links! Is it thursday yet? Friday is just as important. Things will start moving faster after the draft and i cant wait!

Stoked to see this all play out.
I'm more with Kurt Warner's thought process. I can't get excited about TL until I see him play NFL football games and he makes it look easy. We've been excited about a few QBs over the last decade with not a damn thing to show for it.

I need one of those X-Files posters that said, "I want to believe," but with a picture of TL on it.
Ahh cmon man get excited. Those other qbs were nothing like getting Trevor. Prince said it best. Lets go crazy.

Naysayers pfffft!
(04-27-2021, 08:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more with Kurt Warner's thought process. I can't get excited about TL until I see him play NFL football games and he makes it look easy. We've been excited about a few QBs over the last decade with not a damn thing to show for it.
None of them was anything like Trevor Lawrence. Everyone knows things could happen but Lawrence is pretty much the safest bet in a long, long time to be at least a franchise QB. His floor is above average starter. 

This isn't a Justin Blackmon or Telvin Smith type of person. He's not a Johnny Manziel or Dwight Haskins type either. Four different types of losers and Lawrence is none of that.

By all accounts Lawrence is a devoted Christian who will be focused on winning when he's here. 

I get being disappointed by all the earlier garbage players on this team but not seeing what Lawrence represents is just weird.