Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top 25 Jags Plays of All Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think they got them all in there.  #4 is my personal favorite.  

Then there's #3- seeing Fred Taylor outrun everyone and Jimmy Smith come into the picture to block for him, just reminds me how much talent this team had at one time.  

Link
I thought they missed some.

FTs opening run against Miami on MNF, 1998....BLs last secodn TD pass against Buffalo,, opening day 2004. FTs trucking TD over Doss and the Colts in 2004. Brackens INT vs. Seattle, 1996 and his chase from behind T of Flcons' WR Terence Mathis in last game 1996.

Still, that was a great review.

By the way, to the younger fans. The dump off pass to the right flat that went for a TD against the Bengals was the first TD in team history. Steve Beuerlein to Randy Jordan, 2nd game, 1995.
Chad Owens & Long Ding
(04-28-2021, 07:41 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I thought they missed some.

FTs opening run against Miami on MNF, 1998....BLs last secodn TD pass against Buffalo,, opening day 2004.  FTs trucking TD over Doss and the Colts in 2004.  Brackens INT vs. Seattle, 1996 and his chase from behind T of Flcons' WR Terence Mathis in last game 1996.

By the way, to the younger fans.  The dump off pass to the right flat that went for a TD against the Bengals was the first TD in team history.  Steve Beuerlein to Randy Jordan, 2nd game, 1995.

dunno how you can have a Jags highlight film without this clip. It is the stuff of legend.
That catch by Keelan Cole against NE was still one of the best I've ever seen.  I thought we were on the way to the playoffs again after we soundly beat NE.

Unfortunately, it all went to [BLEEP] after that game.
Ah bugger it is salt in the wound watching Justin Blackmon in that list. Swap out something else so I don't have to think of that poor kids demons and what it did to some crazy football talent.
(04-28-2021, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

FTs opening run against Miami on MNF, 1998....BLs last secodn TD pass against Buffalo,, opening day 2004.  FTs trucking TD over Doss and the Colts in 2004.  Brackens INT vs. Seattle, 1996 and his chase from behind T of Flcons' WR Terence Mathis in last game 1996.

By the way, to the younger fans.  The dump off pass to the right flat that went for a TD against the Bengals was the first TD in team history.  Steve Beuerlein to Randy Jordan, 2nd game, 1995.

dunno how you can have a Jags highlight film without this clip. It is the stuff of legend.

Whoever compiled the video must not have known the backstory behind it.
(04-28-2021, 09:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]That catch by Keelan Cole against NE was still one of the best I've ever seen.  I thought we were on the way to the playoffs again after we soundly beat NE.

Unfortunately, it all went to [BLEEP] after that game.

I was at that game. Hotter than hell. We drove down from NC to evacuate from Hurricane Florence. Just to find out my house took 80K in damage. After that game Jags were 3-1, and fell off a CLIFF afterwards
(04-28-2021, 01:56 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Ah bugger it is salt in the wound watching Justin Blackmon in that list. Swap out something else so I don't have to think of that poor kids demons and what it did to some crazy football talent.

That one's still hard to take. That kid could have been one of the best receivers ever, he really did have that kind of talent.
Anybody remember my list a few years ago ?

I think you added a few to the list I made on the old site. 

The Smith TD in OT against Detroit and Jets

Taylor’s TD vs Miami on first play of the game

Brackens Int vs Bal

Wilford’s catch on Buf

Quinten’s fumble when we beat Denver and Hayward recovered it I think in 2006 or 2005

Patrick’s PR TD vs Eagles 

Garrard’s 19 yard scramble for a 1st down @ Cleveland to keep our playoff hopes alive back in 2004.

Robert Massey stopping a 4th vs NYG I think or maybe Arizona. Back in 1996 or 97

Brackens int vs Seattle back when they was in the AFC. 

Bryan Barkers pass to Dana Hall vs Washington. 

Ramsey’s int vs Buffalo

Mathis picking Ben off in OT in 2005 or 6

Hollis’ doinkers in 1996 which never gets talked about for some reason. 

Jimmy Smith’s Hail Mary which never gets talked about @ NE. And Willie’s Jackson had another Hail Mary in the same game which we fell 1inch away from winning the game. For some reason that never gets discussed.

Brunell’s scramble @ Cleveland 

Brackens chase  down tackle vs Atl 

Tony Brackens chase down tackle @ cincy in 97 or 98. Beasley ended up returning a fumble for a TD about 2 plays later.

Beasley’s int vs SF in week 1 in 97

Jimmy Smith’s KR vs Denver in his first year with the Jags. He looked at the monitor on his way. 

Where you at Ihaunting

(04-28-2021, 05:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think they got them all in there.  #4 is my personal favorite.  

Then there's #3- seeing Fred Taylor outrun everyone and Jimmy Smith come into the picture to block for him, just reminds me how much talent this team had at one time.  

Link

I left a comment under this video. I’m Car Nation Videos. I reminded him about some other greatest plays that he left off.

He’s a Bucs fan so this video is not accurate like at all.
Clyde Simmons Buffalo playoff interception. That really broke the ice and set the tone.
(04-28-2021, 06:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Clyde Simmons Buffalo playoff interception. That really broke the ice and set the tone.

Yeah his list is super inaccurate. Clyde Simmons interception in 1996 is the biggest defensive play in Jaguar history. Followed by Ramsey’s int vs Buffalo in 2017.

The biggest offensive play and overall biggest play was by far Jimmy Smith’s TD catch up in Denver in a hostile environment on the road in the cold in a playoff game to send us to the AFC Title game.

I biggest special teams play was Scobee’s 59 yarder to beat Indy, followed by his 52 yarder to beat Indy, followed by MJD 99 yarder @ Pit in the 2007 playoffs. 

The biggest turning point in team history could be the lateral that Hudson attempted @ NYJ in 1997. Or Brunell’s int @ NE. Maybe Barlow’s fumble after halftime vs Tennessee in 1999.
(04-28-2021, 05:56 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think you added a few to the list I made on the old site. 

Brackens Int vs Bal

Wilford’s catch on Buf

Quinten’s fumble when we beat Denver and Hayward recovered it I think in 2006 or 2005

Garrard’s 19 yard scramble for a 1st down @ Cleveland to keep our playoff hopes alive back in 2004.

Robert Massey stopping a 4th vs NYG I think or maybe Arizona. Back in 1996 or 97

Ramsey’s int vs Buffalo

Jimmy Smith’s Hail Mary which never gets talked about @ NE. And Willie’s Jackson had another Hail Mary in the same game which we fell 1inch away from winning the game. For some reason that never gets discussed.

Tony Brackens chase down tackle @ cincy in 97 or 98. Beasley ended up returning a fumble for a TD about 2 plays later.

Jimmy Smith’s KR vs Denver in his first year with the Jags. He looked at the monitor on his way. 

Where you at Ihaunting

(04-28-2021, 05:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think they got them all in there.  #4 is my personal favorite.  

Link

I left a comment under this video. I’m Car Nation Videos. I reminded him about some other greatest plays that he left off.

I don't specifically recall the list.  I have maybe the vaguest recollection, but I couldn't tell you what, if anything I may have added to it, who compiled it, etc.  If you compiled a list..good work.

Jaguars history needs to be chronicled.
(04-28-2021, 10:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2021, 05:56 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you added a few to the list I made on the old site. 

Brackens Int vs Bal

Wilford’s catch on Buf

Ramsey’s int vs Buffalo

Where you at Ihaunting

I don't specifically recall the list.  I have maybe the vaguest recollection, but I couldn't tell you what, if anything I may have added to it, who compiled it, etc.  If you compiled a list..good work.

Don’t worry. I might be the biggest Jaguar nerd in Duval. I’ve kept a diary ever since 1995 when I was in middle school. 

It’s something I’ve done ever since Desmond Howard scored the first TD ever. Randy Jordan’s first Regular season TD ever. The first int, the 1st playoff TD etc...
(04-28-2021, 10:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2021, 10:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I don't specifically recall the list.  I have maybe the vaguest recollection, but I couldn't tell you what, if anything I may have added to it, who compiled it, etc.  If you compiled a list..good work.

Don’t worry. I might be the biggest Jaguar nerd in Duval. I’ve kept a diary ever since 1995 when I was in middle school. 

It’s something I’ve done ever since Desmond Howard scored the first TD ever. Randy Jordan’s first Regular season TD ever. The first int, the 1st playoff TD etc...

Outstanding.

One of my favorite memories in that inaugural season happened with our second win-second straight win, actually.  We had just beaten Houston the week before, and we were home against the Steelers.  After we won the game, fans were walking down the ramp chanting "play-offs!  Play-offs!"  At the post game press conference, TC was told about the chants.  He laughed and said something like "I love the fans!"
(04-28-2021, 06:02 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Clyde Simmons Buffalo playoff interception. That really broke the ice and set the tone.

When that play happened, I was shocked because all of a sudden, I could hear the whole neighborhood yelling.  I suddenly realized, EVERYBODY was watching that game.

(04-28-2021, 10:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2021, 10:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t worry. I might be the biggest Jaguar nerd in Duval. I’ve kept a diary ever since 1995 when I was in middle school. 

Outstanding.

One of my favorite memories in that inaugural season happened with our second win-second straight win, actually.  We had just beaten Houston the week before, and we were home against the Steelers.  After we won the game, fans were walking down the ramp chanting "play-offs!  Play-offs!"  At the post game press conference, TC was told about the chants.  He laughed and said something like "I love the fans!"

We were chanting "Super Bowl!  Super Bowl!"  We were 2-4 after that game.  I knew there was no chance we would be a playoff team, but still, it was fun inching down the ramp with the crowd yelling "Super Bowl!" like that.
(04-29-2021, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2021, 10:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Outstanding.

We were chanting "Super Bowl!  Super Bowl!"  We were 2-4 after that game.  I knew there was no chance we would be a playoff team, but still, it was fun inching down the ramp with the crowd yelling "Super Bowl!" like that.

Of course.

Still it was an absolute blast.  We just beat the freaking Steelers-the same Steelers team that wound up in Super Bowl XXX-for our first ever home win.

I think with Trevor Lawrence, and other smart draft picks, there will be many more moments like that in our future.
You know I sure hope this draft is a table setter. This team is right at the edge and it would be great to be competitive and capable.

After the First team capped out, even our good teams always had Peyton Manning or other dominant teams to diminish those good seasons.
Pages: 1 2