Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jay Tufele- Rd 4 Pick 106
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who's that?
Opted out of 2020 season. Mel Kiper mentioned he would have been a 2nd round pick if he didn't opt out last year. Big run stuffer, needs to improve on pass rush.

Helps replace the loss of Alualu. I'm game.
He is big.
Big beefy dude. Love it.
There was a really big tier of IDL still available that all would have been fine picks. Tufele was in that tier, but admittedly at the bottom of it. Another C grade pick. But he was another highly rated recruit that Meyer was big on 4 years ago. It appears we're working on mostly 4 year old scouting reports lol.
I like this one, he's talented and big.
How many ACLs has he torn?
Ian Rapoport:

With their first pick in the fourth round of the NFL Draft, the #Jaguars select DT Jay Tufele from USC. Most teams had him much higher.

Seems like he was projected as a second round pick before he opted out
None. Baalke must not be in the draft room today.
No ACL injury but opted out so this appears to be yet another risk-reward pick. I get it, the fourth round is a crapshoot anyway.
He’s a big dude. Anything to get Taven Bryan off the field. Plus this guy was going to be a 2nd rounder but opted out.
Despite missing his senior year with a torn foot ligament, Tufele was ranked as 247Sports’ third-best defensive lineman in the 2017 high school class, and Rivals had him ranked fourth....

Not a knee, foot this time
Maybe on training camp day one he will tear his ACL when he goes one on one against Little in Bull in the Ring.

Very exciting.
Jay blew by Sewell I’m the Oregon USC game last year. This kid is 6’3 305 and I bet he’s going to play DE in a 34 or DT in a 43. If you message board scouts know your stuff then you know he also has a rugby background and he’s very athletic and quick for a big man.

(05-01-2021, 12:41 PM)Ding Dong Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe on training camp day one he will tear his ACL when he goes one on one against Little in Bull in the Ring.

Very exciting.

Mods get this guy outta here! Please get him out
I like this pick!! MORE BIG UGLIES!!
(05-01-2021, 12:41 PM)Ding Dong Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe on training camp day one he will tear his ACL when he goes one on one against Little in Bull in the Ring.

Very exciting.

Seriously. What is wrong with you?
(05-01-2021, 12:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Jay blew by Sewell I’m the Oregon USC game last year. This kid is 6’3 305 and I bet he’s going to play DE in a 34 or DT in a 43. If you message board scouts know your stuff then you know he also has a rugby background and he’s very athletic and quick for a big man.

Very exciting.

If he says anything about medicare for all then he will be warned at least...
Can we get the Ding Dong guy a vacation please.
(05-01-2021, 12:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Jay blew by Sewell I’m the Oregon USC game last year. This kid is 6’3 305 and I bet he’s going to play DE in a 34 or DT in a 43. If you message board scouts know your stuff then you know he also has a rugby background and he’s very athletic and quick for a big man.

Very exciting.

Fast AND injured?!  Baalke and Urban just had a simultaneous orgasm.
(05-01-2021, 12:49 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: [ -> ]

If he says anything about medicare for all then he will be warned at least...

I would be ok with that too. Just an awful thing to say.
Pages: 1 2