Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Urban Meyer PICKS like a champ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank GOD for Trevor Lawrence, this draft turned out to be great. We got a RB in the first round that was the best RB in the country. 

I hope he coaches games just like he drafts. Draft grade - A

What are your thoughts ?
I think you must've hit your head as a child. A lot.
Just sick of the whining
(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]I think you must've hit your head as a child.  A lot.

Haha, he’s a homer with no football acumen.
Haha. I want to see your board. For real
(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]I think you must've hit your head as a child.  A lot.

This ^
No you must [BLEEP] and complain!
I misread the title as "chump", lol. I was ready to jump in to defend the draft but overall, while there are a couple of strange picks given need and a couple of high risk/high reward guys I think the intent was to make the team faster and more athletic and I'd say he accomplished that. I'm willing to see how it plays out this year
Like a Chump.
Let’s just see how it plays out. Here are the facts: urban is very involved in the selections, and he has historically been an amazing evaluator of talent. We have had many drafts that drew acclaim, only to have most of the picks he busts. However, historically this board has been pretty good with its picks, so having so many feel like we bombed is concerning . I think if we hit on Lawrence and Little, then this will be our best draft in a long time. Hopefully we hit on a lot more than that, but those two picks seem key.
(05-01-2021, 02:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Just sick of the whining

Just glad you're not sick of the winning.
(05-01-2021, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

This ^

We can all say the same about you
(05-01-2021, 02:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank GOD for Trevor Lawrence, this draft turned out to be great. We got a RB in the first round that was the best RB in the country. 

What are your thoughts ?

Here are my grades: 

Lawrence- A+  No brainer
Etienne- A+  I have wanted this guy since the first time I saw him play.  Never thought we could possibly get him on our team. 
Tyson Campbell- B  This is an okay pick it does fill a need, and most pundits think he's a good player. 
Walker Little- C+  Boom or bust pick.  Talented enough to be a first round pick, but hasn't played in 2 years. 
Andre Cisco- B+  Could have been a first round pick if not for the injury.  But injuries these days are not as big a deal as they used to be.  
Jau Tufele- B-  Fills a need, good value at that spot. 
Luke Farrell- D  This one stumps me.  Not much production in the passing game in college, but supposedly a good blocker.  

Overall grade so far- B.
(05-01-2021, 02:34 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha, he’s a homer with no football acumen.

You talking about football acumen is really, really, funny.

Super Bowl MVP....woo hoo.  Foles is great.
(05-01-2021, 05:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 02:34 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, he’s a homer with no football acumen.

You talking about football acumen is really, really, fun.

Super Bowl MVP....woo hoo.  Folesis great.
Hahahaha POST OF THE YEAR
(05-01-2021, 04:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 02:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank GOD for Trevor Lawrence, this draft turned out to be great. We got a RB in the first round that was the best RB in the country. 

What are your thoughts ?

Here are my grades: 

Lawrence- A+  No brainer
Etienne- A+  I have wanted this guy since the first time I saw him play.  Never thought we could possibly get him on our team. 
Tyson Campbell- B  This is an okay pick it does fill a need, and most pundits think he's a good player. 
Walker Little- C+  Boom or bust pick.  Talented enough to be a first round pick, but hasn't played in 2 years. 
Andre Cisco- B+  Could have been a first round pick if not for the injury.  But injuries these days are not as big a deal as they used to be.  
Jau Tufele- B-  Fills a need, good value at that spot. 
Luke Farrell- D  This one stumps me.  Not much production in the passing game in college, but supposedly a good blocker.  

Overall grade so far- B.

This is a very respectable take and grade. I would grade the Farrell pick as a C+ or B- if he turns out to be a good in the run game. His hands are very soft and he catches the balls that are thrown to him. 

He’s slow but moves decent for his size. He’s a big boy so he can stay in the weight room and carve out a solid career as a TE2 and be a red zone target at 6’6”

Tyson Campbell can turn out to be A+ because he can play outside or up top.

Cisco could also turn out to be a gem. I’ve been begging for a time setter since the double D days. This guy can hit stick and cover. He led the nation in ints back in 2018. 

Walker Little could have went higher but I agree he is a boom or bust. I agree with your grade here but that grade could easily improve once the pads go on. 

My favorite pick outside Lawrence is probably Jay Tuf - he gets fired up and I just like the way he plays. 6’3 305 and he plays low and has quickness for a big guy. He can play DE or DT and definitely fills a need. This guy gets after it. 

The Lawrence pick alone makes us an instantly better team. We have speed on offense with ET, Shenault, Chark, Jones. Robinson is a bruiser. 

Henderson will be back and ready to go. Chaisson and Allen will be in a better scheme. Myles Jack and JoSho in the middle.

Griffin, Jenkins or perhaps Campbell on the back end.

Going in the draft, we all wanted QB, OT, Safety, TE, Dline. We got what we wanted, along with the best RB in the draft. 

I honestly like where we’re at.
Thank god for the Giants... Not a big fan of the ETN pick, but I'd take him all day before Toney.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...0315145226
(05-01-2021, 05:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank god for the Giants... Not a big fan of the ETN pick, but I'd take him all day before Toney.

LOL, doesn't surprise me anymore.
I think this draft class is going to be much better than the doubters on here are projecting.
(05-01-2021, 05:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank god for the Giants... Not a big fan of the ETN pick, but I'd take him all day before Toney.

A BIG +1

(05-01-2021, 06:09 PM)Ordar Wrote: [ -> ]I think this draft class is going to be much better than the doubters on here are projecting.

I hope you're right - but I think a lot of people said the same thing about every draft class we've had for years.
Pages: 1 2