Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Targeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I am as disappointed with the performance as anyone else. That was completely unacceptable and we as fans shouldn't be subjected to such a horrible product.

But there is one thing I noticed. There were a lot of head shots on our guys. The Denard Robinson hit shoulda have been flagged. There was a hit on Marquis Lee where he came to the sideline after a helmet to helmet hit and was trying to shake the cobwebs out. A Rob got lit up on a helmet to helmet hit on one play. Yeldon got hit multiple times in the helmet.

So week 1 there was no PI called.

Week 2: No targeting called.

Week 3: ?

Does anyone else feel the same?

It's a tough game for tough guys...

But yep, the refs don't care for those ugly helmets either, apparently. So they take it out on em via non calls/questionable calls against em
I will admit this. Whether or not we got these it still did not matter because we would have gotten killed either way. But these calls against us are ridiculous. We had a flag every other play it was getting ridiculous.

Personally, I think its a mixture of bad coaching and being targeted by the NFL. No one in the NFL wants the Jags to win a superbowl because there is no $$$ to be gained. We are a small market team. They probably want us to lose every game so that all our star players want to leave like the Allens.

Quote:Hey guys. I am as disappointed with the performance as anyone else. That was completely unacceptable and we as fans shouldn't be subjected to such a horrible product.

But there is one thing I noticed. There were a lot of head shots on our guys. The Denard Robinson hit shoulda have been flagged. There was a hit on Marquis Lee where he came to the sideline after a helmet to helmet hit and was trying to shake the cobwebs out. A Rob got lit up on a helmet to helmet hit on one play. Yeldon got hit multiple times in the helmet.

So week 1 there was no PI called.

Week 2: No targeting called.

Week 3: ?

Does anyone else feel the same?
Are you talking about Denard's wheel route? The defender did not lead with his helmet. That was a perfectly legal play by the defender.

I don't recall the other ones.
Quote:Are you talking about Denard's wheel route? The defender did not lead with his helmet. That was a perfectly legal play by the defender.

I don't recall the other ones.

BTW the guy who hit him fractured his collar bone.
Quote:https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/51...ormalized/

Fun with numbers

This is frightening and should get more exposure. It really, really gets me thinking about an unfair bias against the Jags. This is only one facet of the game, too. There are probably many more examples of this type of bias in other categories as well.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/51zthv/oc_roughing_the_passer_calls_per_team_normalized/'>https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/51zthv/oc_roughing_the_passer_calls_per_team_normalized/</a>

Fun with numbers

Wow...
on that wheel route, the defender went at Robinson's head. it wasn't helmet to helmet. but he targeted the head.

Quote:https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/51...ormalized/

Fun with numbers
wow at those numbers, and people claim we are being homers when we say the refs are screwing us over
Just wow

What is more scary? The fact that we are dead last to getting calls in our favor by a wide margin? Or that our QBs have been hit/sacked the most by a wide margin? Or is it just some horrific Freddy Krueger nightmare from which there is no escape 

Quote:What is more scary? The fact that we are dead last to getting calls in our favor by a wide margin? Or that our QBs have been hit/sacked the most by a wide margin? Or is it just some horrific Freddy Krueger nightmare from which there is no escape 

A horrible nightmare. The ride never ends.
Telvin targeted Woodhead.