Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cyber attack shuts down largest US gasoline pipeline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cyber attack shuts down largest US gasoline pipeline – 45% of east coast and southern regions

On Friday night, the largest U.S. gas pipeline announced it had halted its operations after it discovered it was targeted in a cyber attack. The pipeline provides about 45 percent of the fuel supply along the east coast and southern United States.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/05...k0vxxzv9Ws
Creepy joe and kamalatoe did it.
We filled up our vehicles at the gas station just in case the price went through the roof. Only ten cents per gallon higher as of yesterday so far. I guess we'll see what happens.
Pretty good timing for this to happen right before summer, impacting mainly red states.
(05-09-2021, 11:44 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Creepy joe and kamalatoe did it.
(05-10-2021, 08:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty good timing for this to happen right before summer, impacting mainly red states.
Great timing to provide cover for a price increase that already happened and enable them to get to $4.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
This Biden gas crisis is already starting to cause havoc on the nation.
But 63% approval ratings for Jau Bai-Din according to AP.
We had lines to gas stations blocking lanes of traffic here in my county in NC today. We read about the attack Saturday, told family about it and filled up on Sunday. My brother didn't pay attention and is regretting it. My mom knows well enough by now to listen when I tell her things. It pays to have a prepper mindset.

The Gov declared a state of emergency yesterday and temporarily lifted some regulations to get gas tankers to stations to refill. We only have 93 octane at most gas stations in my town as of tonight.
(05-11-2021, 11:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]We had lines to gas stations blocking lanes of traffic here in my county in NC today. We read about the attack Saturday, told family about it and filled up on Sunday. My brother didn't pay attention and is regretting it. My mom knows well enough by now to listen when I tell her things. It pays to have a prepper mindset.

The Gov declared a state of emergency yesterday and temporarily lifted some regulations to get gas tankers to stations to refill. We only have 93 octane at most gas stations in my town as of tonight.
Need to stock up on food if you haven't. If you are already out of fuel, trucks won't be making deliveries and you know how quickly stores run out of stuff during hurricanes.

They shut pumps down before it even happened and supposedly didn't even need to shut down. I know the upstream side of the business more but most of the industry is still manual with mostly the monitoring being done remotely. They could still run the pipeline manually if they wanted.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Gas is all gone in Jacksonville. We are doomed.
(05-12-2021, 02:06 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Gas is all gone in Jacksonville. We are doomed.
Florida should be fine but people hoarding it could cause a short impact

(05-12-2021, 01:41 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2021, 11:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]We had lines to gas stations blocking lanes of traffic here in my county in NC today. We read about the attack Saturday, told family about it and filled up on Sunday. My brother didn't pay attention and is regretting it. My mom knows well enough by now to listen when I tell her things. It pays to have a prepper mindset.

Need to stock up on food if you haven't. If you are already out of fuel, trucks won't be making deliveries and you know how quickly stores run out of stuff during hurricanes.

They shut pumps down before it even happened and supposedly didn't even need to shut down. I know the upstream side of the business more but most of the industry is still manual with mostly the monitoring being done remotely. They could still run the pipeline manually if they wanted.

We filled up Sunday. Only my husband has to really worry since his commute to work is 50 miles one way. His car is fuel efficient but still uses that gas. He may switch to the motorcycle (weather permitting) if this gets too stupid. This morning some stations were refilled but that may not last long. The pipeline runs through NC so folks here are panicking. A lot of soldiers stationed at Fort Bragg live here and that's an hour long commute one way so they are definitely concerned.

We definitely have food. We prep for hurricanes and winter storms here so we're good for a little while. I learned how to pressure can food last year and we have a food dehydrator that gets used often. I have to say pressure canned chicken breasts, thighs and tenders look funny floating in the mason jars. Like science experiments. Lol. I have yet to pressure can steaks. I just keep those frozen. I did can ground beef though. 

I keep more on hand than I used to thanks to 2020. Going to stores and seeing no meat, no soup, no nothing on shelves was disconcerting so I bought the pressure canner and jars and started canning what I could find when I could find it. It came in handy several times and still does when power goes out and it's raining so I can't fire up the grill, or I need a meal ASAP.
The GATE on Atlantic Blvd in Atlantic Beach was out of gas this morning. The Circle K next door had a line into the road. I stopped at the 76 at Penman and paid $2.99 for 10 gallons. It's like TP all over again.
The pipeline can be hacked but voting machines can't lolololololol
(05-12-2021, 11:17 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]The pipeline can be hacked but voting machines can't lolololololol

THERE'S NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE THAT THOSE MACHINES WERE HACKED!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!EVELNTY!!!~!1

HUNDREDS, NO THOUSANDS, NOOO MIIIIILLLLIONS OF JUDGES THREW THOSE CASES OUT OF COURT!!!1!1111!1!1111

But Russia totally got Trump elected.
So who's ready to get solar panels, or a wind turbine, and an electric car so they can stop living on their knees at the mercy of big oil?
(05-12-2021, 11:50 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]So who's ready to get solar panels, or a wind turbine, and an electric car so they can stop living on their knees at the mercy of big oil?

Will solar panels charge my electric car and allow me to live 100% off the grid?

Will wind turbines work in freezing weather? Asking for a friend in Texas. 

Will democratic politicians try out the first solar powered jets?
(05-12-2021, 12:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2021, 11:50 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]So who's ready to get solar panels, or a wind turbine, and an electric car so they can stop living on their knees at the mercy of big oil?

Will solar panels charge my electric car and allow me to live 100% off the grid?

Sounds like you're happy on your knees. Were you that guy with his mouth zippered in pulp fiction? (And, yes, wind turbines can work in freezing weather, pretty sad that you still believe the big lie about that)
(05-12-2021, 12:24 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2021, 12:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Will solar panels charge my electric car and allow me to live 100% off the grid?

Sounds like you're happy on your knees. Were you that guy with his mouth zippered in pulp fiction? (And, yes, wind turbines can work in freezing weather, pretty sad that you still believe the big lie about that)

Go get yourself a solar roof with a 20 year ROI sheep boy.

Wind turbines froze in Texas this year.

People will still be "on their knees at the mercy of big oil" with prices at the grocery store and other places. 

I'd love to have solar but its too expensive and after the winter we just had where five out of seven days a week were completely cloudy, that wouldn't have worked for us. We're surrounded by trees so a wind turbine is out, and my truck is paid for so I'm not buying a car. 

I do my best to lessen my impact and that's all I can do for now.
Pages: 1 2 3