Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Police release bodycam video of Andrew Brown shooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watched the video, the cops appear to shoot when they are no longer in danger and were not going to be in danger. They could have gotten him another day, after watching this, I would say NO, it was NOT a justified shooting. 

What say you? 

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/po...ou-decide/
I say if cops are aiming weapons at you telling you to do something, you do it.

This was essentially a suicide.
(05-20-2021, 02:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I say if cops are aiming weapons at you telling you to do something, you do it.

We don't disagree on a lot,  but I think if you are a police officer with a license to kill, you need to be held to higher standard. Using lethal force should be reserved as a last resort. As in there was no other choice to save my life or another's. Can you honestly say that this meets that threshold?
(05-20-2021, 02:46 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2021, 02:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I say if cops are aiming weapons at you telling you to do something, you do it.

We don't disagree on a lot,  but I think if you are a police officer with a license to kill, you need to be held to higher standard. Using lethal force should be reserved as a last resort. As in there was no other choice to save my life or another's. Can you honestly say that this meets that threshold?

There was a cop in front of the vehicle when they shot. Did they have to shoot? Maybe and Maybe not. He wasn't running over the cop yet but 1 second later maybe he is. You can't judge these in slow motion. Plus you have someone who is willing to potentially run over a cop. What would they do next while escaping? Anything they do is now on the cops for letting him go.

If the cops pull you over, it's over. Give up and do what the cops say. Criminals don't have enough money or means to survive the rest of their life on the run. Just go to jail and use all the get out of jail ways to get a shorter sentence.
(05-20-2021, 03:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2021, 02:46 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]We don't disagree on a lot,  but I think if you are a police officer with a license to kill, you need to be held to higher standard. Using lethal force should be reserved as a last resort. As in there was no other choice to save my life or another's. Can you honestly say that this meets that threshold?

There was a cop in front of the vehicle when they shot. Did they have to shoot? Maybe and Maybe not. He wasn't running over the cop yet but 1 second later maybe he is. You can't judge these in slow motion. Plus you have someone who is willing to potentially run over a cop. What would they do next while escaping? Anything they do is now on the cops for letting him go.

If the cops pull you over, it's over. Give up and do what the cops say. Criminals don't have enough money or means to survive the rest of their life on the run. Just go to jail and use all the get out of jail ways to get a shorter sentence.

Maybe, but I still say that the threshold for using lethal force needs be HIGH... And I'm just not sure that this meets that threshold.
I never understood why police don't just shoot the tires out first to prevent a getaway.
I hope that tree he ran into will be alright..
(05-20-2021, 03:12 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2021, 03:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]There was a cop in front of the vehicle when they shot. Did they have to shoot? Maybe and Maybe not. He wasn't running over the cop yet but 1 second later maybe he is. You can't judge these in slow motion. Plus you have someone who is willing to potentially run over a cop. What would they do next while escaping? Anything they do is now on the cops for letting him go.

Maybe, but I still say that the threshold for using lethal force needs be HIGH... And I'm just not sure that this meets that threshold.

Careful, people are going to start accusing you of thinking black lives matter.
(05-20-2021, 04:42 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2021, 03:12 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, but I still say that the threshold for using lethal force needs be HIGH... And I'm just not sure that this meets that threshold.

Careful, people are going to start accusing you of thinking black lives matter.

#AllLivesMatter
(05-20-2021, 04:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I never understood why police don't just shoot the tires out first to prevent a getaway.

https://youtu.be/He0RI6spO8E
(05-20-2021, 04:23 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that tree he ran into will be alright..

Me too.

I'm glad that the police officers were able to safely stop the actions of a criminal.

#bluelivesmatter