Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack not Starting or atleast playing in Nickel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
is an absolute joke...

We all know how bad poz is in coverage.  We all know how much of a steal Jack was.  We all know Jack was the best coverage linebacker in college football.  We all know he is the most or 2nd most talented LB on our team behind Telvin.  We all know this.  The coaching staff seems to not.

Why is this a thing?  Why is Bradley this incompetent?  Like these are things that you shouldn't even be able to laugh about and joke about.  Who gets a top 5 talent LB, and keeps him on the bench behind Poz and DAN SKUTA!?!?!?!?!?

IDC about "otto" ... this BS mythical position that Bradley wants to pretend is some amazingly complex position.  Our defense looked just as bad as always vs a depleted SD team who then even lost woodhead early.

IDK why this coach isn't fired.  I have been quiet over the last 5 years or so after having nothing but apathy towards this team.  But this team finally has elite talent on both sides of the ball, yet still, is a joke in the NFL.

We are still being ran by at best high school level head coach.

Get this guy out of here, NOW.  Get Jack on the field, NOW, and NO, not at the expense of our other top tier LB Telvin Smith

Bro, we could have 2 Myles Jacks and Ramseys...

But as long as we running g this stupid scheme, we gonna get 40 hung on us every week.
The fact that Poz was man to man with the Chargers best WR who is a small fast WR is the dumbest thing I ever seen 

we are saving him for the playoffs, on our way to the Super Bowl run because his knee might explode during the regular season. Genius strategy.
While I think everyone wants Jack to play, I don't think he's quite ready yet. This team is in a win-now mode, and I cannot believe that they will hold Jack back if they feel he can help the team. He got snaps late in the game, and he really didn't do all that well. He was slow to diagnose a pass play going to the running back (which ended up a first down). When it comes to 1st/2nd down, he still doesn't attack downfield.

He's a package-only player right now.  

Quote:Bro, we could have 2 Myles Jacks and Ramseys...

But as long as we running g this stupid scheme, we gonna get 40 hung on us every week.

well we both agree there, but having one of your most talented players glued to the bench for 2 slow aging LB's that do NOTHING for us is a problem that needs fixed as well
That bozo played HAYS PULLARD OVER MYLES JACK.
Quote:While I think everyone wants Jack to play, I don't think he's quite ready yet. This team is in a win-now mode, and I cannot believe that they will hold Jack back if they feel he can help the team. He got snaps late in the game, and he really didn't do all that well. He was slow to diagnose a pass play going to the running back (which ended up a first down). When it comes to 1st/2nd down, he still doesn't attack downfield.

Really?  and poz and skuta are helping us win how?  They aren't stopping the run.. we got gashed on the ground, and they certainly aren't helping vs the pass... so what exactly are they doing?

If it's poz calling the plays on Defense, well, he certainly isn't winning us games there either
Jack can play any LB position... all this crap about him being a WLB only is BS... sure maybe that's his most natural position, but guess what, we have a stud WLB.  Jack is better than any other LB on this team not named Telvin, and one day could be better than him.

Get him in the FREAKING GAME

Quote:While I think everyone wants Jack to play, I don't think he's quite ready yet. This team is in a win-now mode, and I cannot believe that they will hold Jack back if they feel he can help the team. He got snaps late in the game, and he really didn't do all that well. He was slow to diagnose a pass play going to the running back (which ended up a first down). When it comes to 1st/2nd down, he still doesn't attack downfield.

Of course he looked lost. He's been riding the pine. It's tough to learn game situations when you're on the bench and not in the action. He should be on the field period. He is too athletic and talented not to be. He should be treated as the starter and prepared during the week as a starter. This team is a dumpster fire. Not playing him isn't getting us anywhere.
They need to put him on the field and let him make whatever rookie mistakes he's going to make.  The counter is that he's a guy who makes plays, and based on what we saw from the defense yesterday, that's something we're seriously lacking right now.

Oh good. You're back too.
I don't know what Skuta does but apparently it's too important that we have to play him over Jack.

Any defense that plays Skuta over Jack is trash.
You've been quiet, for 5 years? One sec, lemme check definitions Wink

On Myles Jack, he's just an easy option to target when it comes to the plethora of issues the team is faced with. It runs deeper. He'll inevitably get more time, soon.

I have a question though, why was the D countlessly showing rush only to back away as Rivers is about to pass, failing to get into coverage on time, thus not rushing or covering? Like they weren't playing a seasoned vet who knows exactly how to eat that up. And it wasn't like they back pedalled, I'm talking full turn around and run back, with backside to QB. Very strange, in a day of all around eerieness. Anyone noticed this?
Here's the bottom line...

Skuta or Pullard don't need to see the field.

Jack needs to be playing.
It's hilarious when we run the stupid zone every play, we drop Ramsey, House, Prince, Gipson etc into the deep 3rds and underneath you have the likes of Poz, Skuta, and Cyprien covering underneath. All it takes is a simple crossing pattern and those bums are too slow to keep up and cover it. It's literally a free 10 yards on an easy throw and catch, and when you miss a few tackles it's an easy TD. Rivers and other QBs exploit this all the time and no adjustments are made.

It's comical how bad of a coach Gus is. He's supposed to be some defensive guru but he's made no adjustments to the scheme in 50 games. He's just plugging players into the scheme he stole from Pete Carroll and has no clue how to get creative with versatile players like Fowler, Ramsey, or Jack. He is so far in over his bald head, it's sad.
Quote:They need to put him on the field and let him make whatever rookie mistakes he's going to make.  The counter is that he's a guy who makes plays, and based on what we saw from the defense yesterday, that's something we're seriously lacking right now.
wow we agree

That in and of itself should show how stupid Bradley is
Quote:Really?  and poz and skuta are helping us win how?  They aren't stopping the run.. we got gashed on the ground, and they certainly aren't helping vs the pass... so what exactly are they doing?

If it's poz calling the plays on Defense, well, he certainly isn't winning us games there either

We did get gashed on the ground early on. But they settled down after that initial onslaught. I think Skuta is more likely to lose his job than Poz. Its still a concern how Myles would be able to take on the role of SLB.

Maybe Jack's athleticism allows him to make plays. But so far, I've seen more mental mistakes from him that leads me to believe that he's simply not just ready to supplant Telvin or Jack on a full-time basis. He'll get his snaps for sure, especially if Poz/Skuta continues to struggle against the pass.
Quote:You've been quiet, for 5 years? One sec, lemme check definitions Wink

On Myles Jack, he's just an easy option to target when it comes to the plethora of issues the team is faced with. It runs deeper. He'll inevitably get more time, soon.

I have a question though, why was the D countlessly showing rush only to back away as Rivers is about to pass, failing to get into coverage on time, thus not rushing or covering? Like they weren't playing a seasoned vet who knows exactly how to eat that up. And it wasn't like they back pedalled, I'm talking full turn around and run back, with backside to QB. Very strange, in a day of all around eerieness. Anyone noticed this?
Bradley runs the defense... that's your answer
Quote:You've been quiet, for 5 years? One sec, lemme check definitions Wink

I agree with the fact that it's just one item on a very long list, but when you've drafted one of the better defensive play makers in the draft, you need to find a way to get him on the field as much as possible.  I'd much rather see him on the field making mistakes.  The guy is a legitimate play maker, and they're putting Pullard on the field?  Sorry, but I don't understand the logic. 
Pages: 1 2 3