Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tebow Outcome Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oh, come on!  More Tebow talk??

No - just a poll to express your projected outcome for the Tebow at TE experiment.
How about "Won't make the final roster" for an option? Because that's what I think.
(05-26-2021, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]How about "Won't make the final roster" for an option? Because that's what I think.

updated
I hope it turns into something good. Time will tell. Either way, what an exciting season that's coming in september for the jag fans.
I'm guessing make final roster but that's about all I'd go as far as predicting.

My opinion is he made the final roster as soon as he was signed.
I would have picked the gadget plays choice, except I don't think he's going to have any real impact on the locker room.  There's no doubt in my mind that he makes the roster and they work him in for a few gadget plays and he catches a couple of passes.  Nowhere close to having any actual positive football impact.
There is no way to predict this. He is a mystery after being out of the game for a while. No one knows how much he's been training and how bad he wants it. I would not underestimate this guy.
(05-26-2021, 10:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, come on!  More Tebow talk??

No - just a poll to express your projected outcome for the Tebow at TE experiment.

Pssh, where is Corn?

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see him to make the 53. Chalk it up to skepticism over previous preferential treatment demonstrated by our personnel authority/coach.
I don't see the broken gadget plays as the extent of his usage, but I also don't know that he gets 200 yds.
8 delusional people so far LOL
I think he will make the team but the rest is up to him.
The choices are incomplete. Need one with some TDs and not as many receiving yards. Some may still consider it delusional, but there should still be one the predicts him to be productive in short yardage ND goal line, but no so many yards through the air.
2021 Stats:

1 reception 7 yards. TD

15 rushing TDs, 35 carries 150 yards

55 completions/100 attempts for 700 passing yards.

1 pancake block
(05-27-2021, 12:08 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: [ -> ]2021 Stats:

1 reception 7 yards. TD

1 pancake block

First, there's no way he's allowed to throw the ball 100 times.

Second, he's a career 46% passer so there's no way he'd increase his accuracy enough for a 10% statistical improvement.
He's going to make the roster after the jersey sales and Trevor's comments about how great it is to have him around. Urban was going to keep him as soon as he made the choice to sign him.

That said, Tebow is a high character guy and I'm sure he won't hurt the locker room intentionally.
(05-26-2021, 12:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way to predict this. He is a mystery after being out of the game for a while. No one knows how much he's been training and how bad he wants it. I would not underestimate this guy.

Yep right now he is unknown but we know he has the heart to put in the work needed. It just depends on how much work he has already put in and how far his skills have fallen because of age. Until I see him playing, I don't think he makes the roster. If he earns it by playing I see no problem with him making the team.
(05-27-2021, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2021, 12:08 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: [ -> ]2021 Stats:

1 reception 7 yards. TD

1 pancake block

First, there's no way he's allowed to throw the ball 100 times.

Second, he's a career 46% passer so there's no way he'd increase his accuracy enough for a 10% statistical improvement.

That's only 6 attempts a game which is nothing.
I could see them bring him in once TLaw builds up a huge lead and Urban just decides to eat up clock with the run game.
(05-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2021, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]First, there's no way he's allowed to throw the ball 100 times.

I could see them bring him in once TLaw builds up a huge lead and Urban just decides to eat up clock with the run game.

If we are eating clock with the run game why is anyone chucking passes?
(05-28-2021, 12:19 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: [ -> ]That's only 6 attempts a game which is nothing.

If we are eating clock with the run game why is anyone chucking passes?

Have to keep the defense honest and when on 3rd down when you need a 1st.
If we build a sizeable lead then ball control in the 4th quarter while T Law rests/prevents silly injury. 5 passes in 4th guard on a couple extended drives seems doable.
(05-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2021, 12:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]First, there's no way he's allowed to throw the ball 100 times.

6 attempts a game is a [BLEEP] load man...

I assume you are thinking Tebow will fill a role similar to Taysom Hill.
Taysom Hill attempted 7 passes in 2018 and 6 passes in 2019. He started 4 games last year and only had 121. Outside of those 4 games he had 7.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...llTa00.htm
(05-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: [ -> ]

Tebow isn't going to be attempting no 6 passes a game.  I think he will only be used a couple plays a game period.  Mostly short yardage HB draw up the middle and trick plays
Pages: 1 2