Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The more things change....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The more the Jaguars stay the same.  I had hoped the Jags would al least be competitive.

We'll hear the same old canard that a defense with many new players must have time to "jell".  Really?  Ask the NY Giants.  Their almost totally revamped defense seems to working out well so far.

6 years ago today I posted on facebook:

"On the Jags loss to SD- Collectively, the team looked like Ron Burgundy after Baxter got punted over the bridge"

6. Years. Ago. Yeah, San Diego is our kryptonite.
Before the season started, I had hopes for .500 season.  After the GB game, I had hopes of a 10+ win season.  After the SD game, I've lost all hope.

Quote:Before the season started, I had hopes for .500 season.  After the GB game, I had hopes of a 10+ win season.  After the SD game, I've lost all hope.

I'm pretty much the same way. I was wondering after the GB game if we were playing really well or if GB was just overrated, and they're definitely overrated. I'd be surprised if we have more than 4 wins this season if that. 
Quote:I'm pretty much the same way. I was wondering after the GB game if we were playing really well or if GB was just overrated, and they're definitely overrated. I'd be surprised if we have more than 4 wins this season if that.

If the Jags play every game like week 1, they will win 8-10 games.

If we come out and play like the SD game, 0-16 is a real possibility.
Quote:If the Jags play every game like week 1, they will win 8-10 games.

If we come out and play like the SD game, 0-16 is a real possibility.

That is the trend we have followed in all of Gus's seasons.

Winning Streak

2013 - 3 Game Winning Streak

2014 - 3 Wins surrounded by Losses

2015 - 2 Game Winning Streak

Last year had better offensive statistics and the team was more "competitive" in the Win column but when you look at who was under the opposing team's center it is pathetic.

We may lose during the bye week.

What's been the consistent theme?  Horrible coaching and or GM that the team seems almost blackmailed into keeping way too long.

The giants had an almost historically bad defense last year... look at them now in 1 offseason.

It's unreal.  I almost hope we keep losing to one again cleanse ourselves of the cancer that is Bradley, though knowing us, we will once again go out and hire the completely wrong guy and stick with him for 3 or 4 years too long

We've even changed owners for crying out loud.

There's been a complete overhaul, yet we're still short on players and coaching.  As for the players, you can say there's more talent, but it's still not where it needs to be.

Quote:We've even changed owners for crying out loud.

There's been a complete overhaul, yet we're still short on players and coaching.  As for the players, you can say there's more talent, but it's still not where it needs to be.

They could easily win enough to be competitive with the players they currently have and a halfway decent coach. Decent coach and one more draft + free agency period and there is no reason why they shouldn't easily be into the playoffs and looking further.
We went from a task master that adapted to earn the respect of the team and show succes, to a knowlegable former player that was not one to out work the competion, to a bandaid coach given 1 season, to a nice guy.

In hindsight, I was wrong on every level about the end of the TC tenure.  I was only right about JDR's offense but the reality was he was coaching to his strenghts.  For the last two coaches, I just don't know what to say other than enjoy the money you get from the rest of your contract.

Quote:Before the season started, I had hopes for .500 season.  After the GB game, I had hopes of a 10+ win season.  After the SD game, I've lost all hope.

When you've lost all hope, just turn to alcohol.

[Image: drunk-people-grin.jpg]
Quote:When you've lost all hope, just turn to alcohol.

[Image: drunk-people-grin.jpg]

Judging by that picture... and meth. 
Gone from an owner that was a caretaker his last few years looking for a buyer.....to a great owner with the desire and deep pockets to win, a farily decent GM learning the ropes after several disastrous GMs....the coaching thing just seems to escape the Jaguars.

I bet this time around ...the 'Stach is a little more involved than just flying around and listening to coach speak.