Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question again..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stereo question again..

it says switched 200 watts max total on the back of my reciever.. My question is is it 200 watts for the A channel and 200 watts for the B channel.. 

Also what is the wattage when just 2 speakers are hooked up (A channel only) thanks i appreciate it..

Here is the back image here..

Sorry mods move this to sideline thanks..

Can u help Mojoking..

RELAX DUDE

200 watts.....

In this case x times x does not equal x squared

It's simple bolian algebra

If you have 200 watts in channel A and 200 watts in Channel B that does not equal 400 watts total so your answer is 200 watts

Quote:200 watts.....

In this case x times x does not equal x squared

It's simple bolian algebra

If you have 200 watts in channel A and 200 watts in Channel B that does not equal 400 watts total so your answer is 200 watts
If this is the case whats the wattage in x 4 terms.. It's at least 100 watts x 4 right..
On the back I see a setting that says A and B so I'm going to assume that setting would be the max wattage = 200 watts.

200 watts with 4 speaker inputs means each speaker is getting 50 watts max.

Just my best guess.
Quote:If this is the case whats the wattage in x 4 terms.. It's at least 100 watts x 4 right..
That would give you 100 watts per channell = 400 watts. You only have 200.

Quote:On the back I see a setting that says A and B so I'm going to assume that setting would be the max wattage = 200 watts.

200 watts with 4 speaker inputs means each speaker is getting 50 watts max.

Just my best guess.
Makes sense
First off, that google image link showed a 50 Hz, 230 V power supply. If that indeed is the receiver that you're using, it's probably not being powered correctly as that is a European Frequency / Voltage setup. Typical North American power supply is 60 Hz, 240 V so you may be having an issue there.

200 Watts is 200 Watts unless you figure out a way to "bridge" the channels but then you'll lose your stereo effect if you go down that path.

Hope this helps.

On the back of my receiver, a note like that was always next to the AC power supply for the turntable, tape deck, DVD, whatever.

It was "switched" so that the plugged-in accessory would come on when the amp was powered up.  Said accessory would be limited to 200 watts.

The manual says 200 watts x 2 per a and b channel.. So it is 200 per a and b channel.. So that would make it 100 watts x 4 just like i said.. Also it's not 50 watts x 4 because i would have to turn the volume up half way to crank it.. This volume i cant even turn it on 3 out of 10 its so loud.. It's def 100 watts x 4..

Here's the specs on my receiver kenwood kr a5070..

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/775247...=22#manual

Quote:Here's the specs on my receiver kenwood kr a5070..

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/775247...=22#manual

Look on the page of the manual you posted, on the lower right, where it says "General".

AC outlet

Switched.....................2: (total 200W, 1.6A max)

That's what the note on the back of your amp refers to.  The AC outlets provided for your CD player or phonograph have 200 watts max power, and are switched, meaning that when you turn off your amp they do not provide power.

So don't plug your hair dryer into them.
I've got a fairly related question but don't want to start a thread about it. HERO, I don't mean to hijack the thread and hope you don't mind.

I'm cleaning out a bunch of crap and rather than throw away perfectly working, yet outdated electronics I'm trying to use them in my garage. It started out using my old LG blu ray/surround sound in garage simply for the radio. No problems there. I also came across an old HD monitor and I have a few HD OTA antennas. My initial plan was to connect the antenna to the bluray or monitor and have some tv out in garage too. However there are no coaxial ports on either the monitor or blu Ray. I've tried searching online to see if they made a coax to hdmi adapter and only found those converter boxes. So my question is, is there such an adapter and if not will those converter boxes work if the antenna is already HD?

Okay some research and I think I figured it out. The monitor doesn't have a hdtv tuner so I'll need the box. I assume that'll work the way I'm wanting it to.
Quote:The manual says 200 watts x 2 per a and b channel.. So it is 200 per a and b channel.. So that would make it 100 watts x 4 just like i said.. Also it's not 50 watts x 4 because i would have to turn the volume up half way to crank it.. This volume i cant even turn it on 3 out of 10 its so loud.. It's def 100 watts x 4..

Well if you know, then what exactly are you asking us?