Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Inflation surges at fastest rate in 13 years hitting 5.4% in June
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Inflation surges at fastest rate in 13 years hitting 5.4% in June with cost of gas rocketing 45% and everyday items like bacon, milk and oranges up 8% compared to last year
  • The CPI has risen 5.4 percent in the 12 months through June, the Labor Department said on Tuesday, which is the largest gain since August 2008
  • The cost of gas skyrocketed 45 percent and everyday items like bacon, milk and oranges increasing 8 percent compared to June 2020, the data shows 
  • The pickup in inflation has heightened concerns the Fed might feel compelled to begin withdrawing its low-interest rate policies earlier than expected 
  • Fed officials have repeatedly said, though, that they regard the surge in inflation as a temporary response to supply shortages and other short-term disruptions 
  • The Biden administration, which has been insisting inflation is just temporary, did not appear to be expecting the surge in June, an official said 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...hzwN6fNp18
Lol .... ONE TERM TRUMP runs up the deficit, drops interest rates to 0%, and kills our GDP. Now that we're on the road to recovery, that is what you got?

Hey, how about the Dow being up 16% YTD and the S&P 500 being up 18% YTD.
I hope it gets bad. Biden voters need to feel the pain. Plus, I'm ready for foreclosures and REOs to hit the market.
(07-13-2021, 06:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it gets bad. Biden voters need to feel the pain. Plus, I'm ready for foreclosures and REOs to hit the market.

'attaboy!!!  That's the American Way.  Hope for misery for your fellow Americans so that you can profit off their misery.
(07-13-2021, 06:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it gets bad. Biden voters need to feel the pain. Plus, I'm ready for foreclosures and REOs to hit the market.
You’re such a hypocrite.

You used to bash people who wanted the country to fail just so it made Trump look bad.

You’re doing the exact same thing.

Be better.
That's why I said the end is coming. Either it's getting much worse, and they are already talking about it, or the people say enough and dems go away forever. The world is breaking down, here radicals everywhere in the government doing whatever they feel like, MSM covering for them and businesses, and then there are the people who just want to be left alone.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(07-13-2021, 09:18 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
That's why I said the end is coming. Either it's getting much worse, and they are already talking about it, or the people say enough and dems go away forever. The world is breaking down, here radicals everywhere in the government doing whatever they feel like, MSM covering for them and businesses, and then there are the people who just want to be left alone.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

No corrupt politicians nor the corrupt media can can cover for the financial penalty of printing endless money. This country needs to learn a hard lesson and it's coming.
(07-13-2021, 06:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it gets bad.

How Anti American.   I remember this same rederic at the beginning of your kings term.

True Americans always wants America to do well.
(07-14-2021, 04:20 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]

How Anti American.   I remember this same rederic at the beginning of your kings term.

Not all Americans.. 

(See current Administration)
There is supposed to be some inflation in the economy.
The FED sets a target of 2% inflation, to encourage investment.
We were running under that for a lot of the Obama and Trump years. It wouldn't hurt too much to run a little above it for a little while, but not too long. In a matter of months, the interest rates will have to start going back up, and deficits will have to be reduced.
(07-14-2021, 04:20 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]

Rhetoric?   Is that what you’re trying to say?  I mean, I mow lawns for a living, but I know how to spell [BLEEP]. What the [BLEEP] is wrong with these democrats? Y’all are good for a laugh at least.  Maybe Joe will give you a free education.  But I’m fairly certain “Rhetoric” is not college level vocabulary.  Maybe one day you’ll catch us with the rest of us.

Now that you have me thinking, I have a follow up question.  Do you even know what it means?  If I asked you a rhetorical question, would you give me the answer??
(07-14-2021, 08:56 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 04:20 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]How Anti American.   I remember this same rederic at the beginning of your kings term.

Rhetoric?   Is that what you’re trying to say?  I mean, I mow lawns for a living, but I know how to spell [BLEEP]. What the [BLEEP] is wrong with these democrats? Y’all are good for a laugh at least.  Maybe Joe will give you a free education.  But I’m fairly certain “Rhetoric” is not college level vocabulary.  Maybe one day you’ll catch us with the rest of us.

Now that you have me thinking, I have a follow up question.  Do you even know what it means?  If I asked you a rhetorical question, would you give me the answer??

Are you asking what is wrong with the supporters of the Democratic Party or people who support democracy?
(07-14-2021, 09:12 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 08:56 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Rhetoric?   Is that what you’re trying to say?  I mean, I mow lawns for a living, but I know how to spell [BLEEP]. What the [BLEEP] is wrong with these democrats? Y’all are good for a laugh at least.  Maybe Joe will give you a free education.  But I’m fairly certain “Rhetoric” is not college level vocabulary.  Maybe one day you’ll catch us with the rest of us.

Are you asking what is wrong with the supporters of the Democratic Party or people who support democracy?

I’m asking what’s wrong with Democrats’ knowledge.  They seem to be [BLEEP] idiots.  Prove me wrong. As stated above, I mow a lot of my neighbors lawns to earn a living. The bar is set REALLY low.  Here’s your chance!!
(07-14-2021, 09:22 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 09:12 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Are you asking what is wrong with the supporters of the Democratic Party or people who support democracy?

I’m asking what’s wrong with Democrats’ knowledge.  They seem to be [BLEEP] idiots.  Prove me wrong. As stated above, I mow a lot of my neighbors lawns to earn a living. The bar is set REALLY low.  Here’s your chance!!

My neighbor is a liberal and mows his yard with an electric mower. Just what you would expect from a liberal.
(07-14-2021, 09:22 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 09:12 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Are you asking what is wrong with the supporters of the Democratic Party or people who support democracy?

OK, let's reverse the roles.  Transcript from the most senior Republican.  

Brian Kilmeade: (11:10)

But how do you handle the law enforcement part of this?
President Donald Trump: (11:12)
Well, I think you have to-
Brian Kilmeade: (11:12)
How do you handle the law enforcement part of this?
President Donald Trump: (11:13)
… get better than what they’ve been doing. I mean, obviously, that was a terrible thing. I’ve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. It’s interesting. I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket, a tremendous program that culminated on that day, and now, obviously, it goes on from there, but I then made a speech, and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted at 25% of the speech, probably, to what happened, or more, to what happened with respect to George, George Floyd, and it was… Then you… Listen to this. “He doesn’t talk about George Floyd.”
President Donald Trump: (11:49)
The rocket went off. I then made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said, “He didn’t talk about George Floyd.” Half, maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. With the media, basically, no matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough, but the people understand it, and that’s one of the beauties to social media. I mean, I would love-

And now, does this mean all Republican's are [BLEEP] idiots?  How much lower can the bar be for Republicans if this comes from their most senior representative.
(07-14-2021, 09:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 09:22 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’m asking what’s wrong with Democrats’ knowledge.  They seem to be [BLEEP] idiots.  Prove me wrong. As stated above, I mow a lot of my neighbors lawns to earn a living. The bar is set REALLY low.  Here’s your chance!!

My neighbor is a liberal and mows his yard with an electric mower. Just what you would expect from a liberal.

Hey, I use an electric mower! 

Because my parents didn't need it anymore and gave it to us.
(07-14-2021, 09:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 09:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]My neighbor is a liberal and mows his yard with an electric mower. Just what you would expect from a liberal.

Commie!!!
(07-14-2021, 09:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]My neighbor is a liberal and mows his yard with an electric mower. Just what you would expect from a liberal.

He cuts his grass 3 times a week. It is weird because he cuts it at such a high setting it never looks good. Maybe he is just trying to get away from his wife. Can't say I blame him.
(07-14-2021, 09:44 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 09:22 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’m asking what’s wrong with Democrats’ knowledge.  They seem to be [BLEEP] idiots.  Prove me wrong. As stated above, I mow a lot of my neighbors lawns to earn a living. The bar is set REALLY low.  Here’s your chance!!

OK, let's reverse the roles.  Transcript from the most senior Republican.  

Brian Kilmeade: (11:10)

But how do you handle the law enforcement part of this?
President Donald Trump: (11:12)
Well, I think you have to-
Brian Kilmeade: (11:12)
How do you handle the law enforcement part of this?
President Donald Trump: (11:13)
… get better than what they’ve been doing. I mean, obviously, that was a terrible thing. I’ve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. It’s interesting. I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket, a tremendous program that culminated on that day, and now, obviously, it goes on from there, but I then made a speech, and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted at 25% of the speech, probably, to what happened, or more, to what happened with respect to George, George Floyd, and it was… Then you… Listen to this. “He doesn’t talk about George Floyd.”
President Donald Trump: (11:49)
The rocket went off. I then made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said, “He didn’t talk about George Floyd.” Half, maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. With the media, basically, no matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough, but the people understand it, and that’s one of the beauties to social media. I mean, I would love-

And now, does this mean all Republican's are [BLEEP] idiots?  How much lower can the bar be for Republicans if this comes from their most senior representative.

That’s what you got? That’s the best you have?  Well alright then.  You could have just said “you’re right”.  I almost feel bad.  Seems like you were holding on to that in your back pocket for the “right” time to whip it out as a “gotcha!”  I’m not sure that goal was accomplished.

Make sure you wear proper ear protection.  Wait… never mind.  We still love you though.  We’ll let you slide.
(07-14-2021, 10:10 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2021, 10:04 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]That’s what you got? That’s the best you have?  Well alright then.  You could have just said “you’re right”.  I almost feel bad.  Seems like you were holding on to that in your back pocket for the “right” time to whip it out as a “gotcha!”  I’m not sure that goal was accomplished.

Is that a rhetorical question or just more rhetoric?

That’s a great question Norman doesn’t have the answer to.  

Perhaps we can post transcripts of Biden’s interviews/speeches. I once let my 2 yr old on my computer.  She just mashed all the keys.  I’ll be damned; she got in trouble for plagiarism.
Pages: 1 2