Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: SkyNet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boston Dynamics machines flawlessly and soulfully dancing in rhythm. https://t.co/1PHmurRo1k

This is crazy. With the population increasing, and machines like this able to do remedial, repeatable jobs, what does our workforce look like in 10 years?
(07-20-2021, 03:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Boston Dynamics machines flawlessly and soulfully dancing in rhythm. https://t.co/1PHmurRo1k

This is crazy. With the population increasing, and machines like this able to do remedial, repeatable jobs, what does our workforce look like in 10 years?

Just wait, in a few years, they'll all be voting democrat as well..
(07-20-2021, 03:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Boston Dynamics machines flawlessly and soulfully dancing in rhythm. https://t.co/1PHmurRo1k

That's pretty cool and would be fun to develop.  What does this have to do with SkyNet?
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fweliveinamadworld.com%2...f=1&nofb=1]
Ex Machina (not too shabby)

[Image: alicia-vikander-and-sonoya-mizuno-in-ex-...853473.jpg]
I bet those things won't ask for $15 an hour or call in sick.
(07-20-2021, 04:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I bet those things won't ask for $15 an hour or call in sick.

No, but the initial cost is going to be high.  Then you have to consider the maintenance and upkeep.  If one does malfunction I can guarantee you that the technician that has to service and or repair it is going to cost much more than $15 per hour.  The operator that starts them up and runs them will also cost more than $15 per hour.

Eventually in the long run it might save on operating costs, but in the short term not so much.
You ought to watch them when they're getting whacked on. It's fraking scary looking. Those guys are beating the crap out of them and they don't react. You just know at some point those things are definitely going to become "self aware" and start fighting back. Lol. Gives me the creeps.
(07-20-2021, 04:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I bet those things won't ask for $15 an hour or call in sick.

.... or join the #MeToo movement.  Smile
(07-20-2021, 04:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

No, but the initial cost is going to be high.  Then you have to consider the maintenance and upkeep.  If one does malfunction I can guarantee you that the technician that has to service and or repair it is going to cost much more than $15 per hour.  The operator that starts them up and runs them will also cost more than $15 per hour.

Eventually in the long run it might save on operating costs, but in the short term not so much.

I'm sure the initial outlay isn't cheap, but the fact is these will go on the balance sheet.  With accelerated depreciation and the tax breaks that come with that, as well as maybe some R&D credits (though that might be a stretch if a company is just purchasing them), they probably get some significant tax advantages that help offset that initial cost.
(07-20-2021, 10:19 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2021, 04:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]No, but the initial cost is going to be high.  Then you have to consider the maintenance and upkeep.  If one does malfunction I can guarantee you that the technician that has to service and or repair it is going to cost much more than $15 per hour.  The operator that starts them up and runs them will also cost more than $15 per hour.

I'm sure the initial outlay isn't cheap, but the fact is these will go on the balance sheet.  With accelerated depreciation and the tax breaks that come with that, as well as maybe some R&D credits (though that might be a stretch if a company is just purchasing them), they probably get some significant tax advantages that help offset that initial cost.

Yep.

A full time 15 dollar an hour employee makes just under 30k a year, not including the burn rate for health benefits, 401k match, PTO, sick leave, etc. One of these things could replace at least 2 repeatable jobs at a fast food joint or restaurant making it totally worth the investment, not to mention the tax write offs you mentioned.

Que the robot tax from the democrats within 10 years. The ironic thing is, the millions of illegals pouring into the country will gladly take the same jobs for $7 an hour that people think are worth $15.

You need to blow up your definition of the word “soulful” and start over.
I guess we better prepare for Robot Lives Matter protest/riots.