Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The FBI Is Now Tracking the Location of Cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The FBI Is Now Tracking the Location of Cars Using Controversial Technology

The FBI is now using built-in WiFi hotspots in cars to track people as new technologies give the surveillance state more avenues for hunting people down and monitoring their movements.

https://www.patriotproject.com/fbi-now-t...7qMk89c0lE
Should read "FBI granted warrant to find criminal".
(07-24-2021, 09:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Should read "FBI illegally spies on citizens". 

There, I fixed it for you.
(07-25-2021, 01:36 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2021, 09:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Should read "FBI illegally spies on citizens". 

Lol, that's cute.
(07-25-2021, 01:36 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]

What was illegal about it?
Is this an electronic agreement you click through when purchasing a car like the ones you go through when setting up your phone agreeing to give up all your legal power to big tech?

The things people are willing to let fly these days is staggering.
(07-25-2021, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an electronic agreement you click through when purchasing a car like the ones you go through when setting up your phone agreeing to give up all your legal power to big tech?

They had a warrant.  Same as if the police want to come in your house.  They have to have a warrant.
(07-25-2021, 09:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an electronic agreement you click through when purchasing a car like the ones you go through when setting up your phone agreeing to give up all your legal power to big tech?

They had a warrant.  Same as if the police want to come in your house.  They have to have a warrant.

My point isn't a warrant, it is that you are being tracked even if you don't want to be.
The Stingray system is pretty impressive and a little controversial. I’ve read several articles on it over the years. Quite frankly, I’m glad law enforcement has it as a tool. Does it have the potential to misused? Of course. Just like any surveillance tool. However, the FBI is careful about using it under court approved surveillance warrants.

(07-25-2021, 09:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 09:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]They had a warrant.  Same as if the police want to come in your house.  They have to have a warrant.

My point isn't a warrant, it is that you are being tracked even if you don't want to be.

No one is being tracked unless they want to track you. It’s no different than being surveilled by someone following you.
(07-25-2021, 09:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The Stingray system is pretty impressive and a little controversial. I’ve read several articles on it over the years. Quite frankly, I’m glad law enforcement has it as a tool. Does it have the potential to misused? Of course. Just like any surveillance tool. However, the FBI is careful about using it under court approved surveillance warrants.

How exactly do you know the FBI is careful using this? Is this factual or just an assumption based on them being a non-partisan agency of our government? This is the same FBI that tipped off CNN before a raid of Roger Stones home so it could be recorded.
(07-25-2021, 09:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 09:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The Stingray system is pretty impressive and a little controversial. I’ve read several articles on it over the years. Quite frankly, I’m glad law enforcement has it as a tool. Does it have the potential to misused? Of course. Just like any surveillance tool. However, the FBI is careful about using it under court approved surveillance warrants.

How exactly do you know the FBI is careful using this? Is this factual or just an assumption based on them being a non-partisan agency of our government? This is the same FBI that tipped off CNN before a raid of Roger Stones home so it could be recorded.

I’ve heard of no cases where the FBI was found negligent in its use.

(07-25-2021, 09:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]My point isn't a warrant, it is that you are being tracked even if you don't want to be.

No one is being tracked unless they want to track you. It’s no different than being surveilled by someone following you.

Question about this tech.

Homebiscuit has been on a murder spree. He became a suspect on July 1, 2021. FBI gets a warrant to track homebiscuit.  Would this technology have no available data prior to 7/1?
(07-25-2021, 06:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 01:36 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]There, I fixed it for you.

Lol, that's cute.

I don't get you. Are you pro government or anti government?
(07-25-2021, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Question about this tech.

Homebiscuit has been on a murder spree. He became a suspect on July 1, 2021. FBI gets a warrant to track homebiscuit.  Would this technology have no available data prior to 7/1?

There would be no need. The cellphone company can provide that data.
(07-25-2021, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Question about this tech.

There would be no need. The cellphone company can provide that data.

So people are being tracked without a warrant, back to my original point about giving consent to big tech by clicking through screens.
(07-25-2021, 09:57 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 06:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, that's cute.

I don't get you. Are you pro government or anti government?

Why do people need to be pro or anti government?  Couldn't they just be pro good government and anti bad government?
(07-25-2021, 10:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 09:57 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get you. Are you pro government or anti government?

Why do people need to be pro or anti government?  Couldn't they just be pro good government and anti bad government?

thank you
(07-25-2021, 10:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 10:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]There would be no need. The cellphone company can provide that data.

So people are being tracked without a warrant, back to my original point about giving consent to big tech by clicking through screens.

No, we are not. Our digital footprint is nothing more than anonymous bits in a huge pile of data. No one is tracking or giving any special attention to it. I hate to break it to you, but we’re not important enough to track.

Now, should we go on a murder spree, or some other offense which requires law enforcement action, then our previously anonymous data bits become 
a point of investigation.
(07-25-2021, 10:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 09:57 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get you. Are you pro government or anti government?

Any government willing to take away your freedoms, is not a good government.
(07-25-2021, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 10:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]So people are being tracked without a warrant, back to my original point about giving consent to big tech by clicking through screens.

No, we are not. Our digital footprint is nothing more than anonymous bits in a huge pile of data. No one is tracking or giving any special attention to it. I hate to break it to you, but we’re not important enough to track.

Now, should we go on a murder spree, or some other offense which requires law enforcement action, then our previously anonymous data bits become 
a point of investigation.

I understand we are dealing in semantics here, but I am going back to your point of "No one is being tracked unless they want to track you. It’s no different than being surveilled by someone following you."

This is a false statement because we are in fact being tracked, as you gracefully described it as a digital footprint of anonymous bits that only become relevant if we do something unlawful, or maybe even lawful that someone happens to disagree with.
Pages: 1 2