Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anti-Cop DA Forced To Drop Charges On Austin Cop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anti-Cop DA Forced To Drop Charges On Austin Cop He Was Making Example Of

The district attorney had to drop the charges against an Austin police officer after it was revealed that a prosecutor had withheld exculpatory evidence that would have cleared him.

https://policetribune.com/anti-cop-da-fo...F4jDQrzVNE
Disbar him.
(07-24-2021, 11:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Anti-Cop DA Forced To Drop Charges On Austin Cop He Was Making Example Of

The district attorney had to drop the charges against an Austin police officer after it was revealed that a prosecutor had withheld exculpatory evidence that would have cleared him.

https://policetribune.com/anti-cop-da-fo...F4jDQrzVNE

So Kamala Harris in Bizarro World.
It's an interesting article. If the former prosecutor knowingly withheld evidence, I agree he should be disbarred. Apparently, he doesn't work there any more.
(07-25-2021, 10:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]It's an interesting article.   If the former prosecutor knowingly withheld evidence, I agree he should be disbarred.  Apparently, he doesn't work there any more.

Did I misunderstand or wasn’t that information available to the current prosecutor?
(07-25-2021, 05:04 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 10:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]It's an interesting article.   If the former prosecutor knowingly withheld evidence, I agree he should be disbarred.  Apparently, he doesn't work there any more.

Did I misunderstand or wasn’t that information available to the current prosecutor?

Apparently not.  At least, they claim that no one knew about it except the guy who no longer works there, and when they discovered it, they dismissed the charges against the officer.
(07-26-2021, 07:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 05:04 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Did I misunderstand or wasn’t that information available to the current prosecutor?

Apparently not.  At least, they claim that no one knew about it except the guy who no longer works there, and when they discovered it, they dismissed the charges against the officer.

Thanks for clarifying
(07-26-2021, 07:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2021, 05:04 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Did I misunderstand or wasn’t that information available to the current prosecutor?

This is where I miss Byron LeftTown.

He'd come up with a complex web of lies and deceit..

I'll just ask.. what if the DA asked the lawyer to resign so that it wouldn't seem like they were complicit but once it came to light the DA was forced to drop the charges... but still is blameless... cause the guy left before anything became public.
(07-27-2021, 10:36 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2021, 07:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently not.  At least, they claim that no one knew about it except the guy who no longer works there, and when they discovered it, they dismissed the charges against the officer.

I'll just ask.. what if the DA asked the lawyer to resign so that it wouldn't seem like they were complicit but once it came to light the DA was forced to drop the charges... but still is blameless... cause the guy left before anything became public.

It's Austin, that's probably exactly what happened. And I miss BLT as well, I really hope he's ok and the virus or the lizard men didn't get him.
(07-27-2021, 10:36 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2021, 07:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently not.  At least, they claim that no one knew about it except the guy who no longer works there, and when they discovered it, they dismissed the charges against the officer.

I think if there is a move to disbar the original prosecutor, the one who is no longer working for the DA, then if anyone else knew about it, it will all come out, because that guy isn't going to take the fall by himself.   

In the same regard, if no discipline is brought against the original prosecutor, that would bring up the question, why was no discipline undertaken?