Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Philip Morris International CEO says cigarettes should be banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Philip Morris International CEO says cigarettes should be banned and the company will stop selling Marlboros in the UK within a decade

The chief executive of Philip Morris International, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes outside the US, said his company would stop selling cigarettes in the UK within a decade.

https://www.businessinsider.com/philip-m...Y_3QerOaJA
Must mean they have a new product coming out that they wanna push..
Why?
(07-27-2021, 04:32 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Why?

See "Green New Deal" only it's international rather than domestic.

I smoked Marlboros for years and finally gave up the habit.  I still smoke cigars and will smoke cigarettes when I'm drinking at times, but it's very rare for me.  It doesn't bother me if someone chooses to smoke cigarettes and it certainly doesn't "offend" me if they do so in my presence... as long as it's not in my home or in my vehicle.
(07-27-2021, 05:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2021, 04:32 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Why?

See "Green New Deal" only it's international rather than domestic.

I smoked Marlboros for years and finally gave up the habit.  I still smoke cigars and will smoke cigarettes when I'm drinking at times, but it's very rare for me.  It doesn't bother me if someone chooses to smoke cigarettes and it certainly doesn't "offend" me if they do so in my presence... as long as it's not in my home or in my vehicle.

Same here. After about three beers, cigarettes start to make a lot of sense. Also if I happen to be out past midnight. Other than that, it's a nasty, stinky habit.