Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Leon Jacobs and Rosas released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hate to see Jacobs go
Not surprised by Rosas' release. Lambo looked fine out there today, with a haircut to boot.
(07-30-2021, 06:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to see Jacobs go
Why? He’s not very good.
He had big muscles

Derrick Henry is sad too
(07-30-2021, 07:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
Why? He’s not very good.

Jacobs is a pretty decent player, good depth.  He was never really a liability and made some nice plays.  The injury is what done him in
(07-30-2021, 07:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2021, 07:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Why? He’s not very good.

Jacobs is a pretty decent player, good depth.  He was never really a liability and made some nice plays.  The injury is what done him in
Eh.

He’s nothing special at all and he’s basically a dime a dozen linebacker.

Take it easy Leon and thanks for Trevor.
(07-30-2021, 07:37 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]

Derrick Henry is sad too

Haha. I will never forget the game. What an embarrassment for the entire defense
I'm just surprised we released Jacobs because I don't see much depth on this team at LB, especially on the inside. We basically have Jack, Schobert, Williams and depending on what we do with Moses, that could be it, as far as the inside. That's not much.
I don’t know about this move. Jacobs was a solid player for a 7th rounder. It means we’re improving.
Looks like that knee isn't healed up yet.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...9918509058
(07-30-2021, 10:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just surprised we released Jacobs because I don't see much depth on this team at LB, especially on the inside. We basically have Jack, Schobert, Williams and depending on what we do with Moses, that could be it, as far as the inside. That's not much.

So why would we keep a 2 down strongside 43 linebacker then? And we signed Damien Wilson to play inside, that gives us him and Shaq Quarterman to complete the inside 4.
I think we might see some marginal players cut because they refuse to get vaccinated, although that won't be the stated reason, of course.
(07-30-2021, 11:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like that knee isn't healed up yet.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...9918509058

This explains his departure. He was a solid Strong Side LB and he would've been good debt had he recovered properly.

NH3...
(07-30-2021, 08:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2021, 07:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Jacobs is a pretty decent player, good depth.  He was never really a liability and made some nice plays.  The injury is what done him in
Eh.

He was cut because of a failed physical.  Nobody ever said he was special but he was a decent player for us and you need this guy's. I'm sure you didn't even know who he was since he's not a big name
(07-30-2021, 11:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2021, 10:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just surprised we released Jacobs because I don't see much depth on this team at LB, especially on the inside. We basically have Jack, Schobert, Williams and depending on what we do with Moses, that could be it, as far as the inside. That's not much.

So why would we keep a 2 down strongside 43 linebacker then? And we signed Damien Wilson to play inside, that gives us him and Shaq Quarterman to complete the inside 4.

I totally forgot we even had Quarterman. Personally, I believe we should keep at least 4 ILB's, given our history of injuries. Having Wilson and Quarterman as backups make me feel a little better. Maybe we could then place Dylan Moses on I.R. this season and allow him to get healthy and have him 100% for 2022.
(07-31-2021, 11:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2021, 11:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]So why would we keep a 2 down strongside 43 linebacker then? And we signed Damien Wilson to play inside, that gives us him and Shaq Quarterman to complete the inside 4.

I totally forgot we even had Quarterman. Personally, I believe we should keep at least 4 ILB's, given our history of injuries. Having Wilson and Quarterman as backups make me feel a little better. Maybe we could then place Dylan Moses on I.R. this season and allow him to get healthy and have him 100% for 2022.

Moses is already on the Non Football Injury list. It's basically the same thing as IR, but since his injury happened in College and not in a NFL game/practice, he goes to the NFI instead of the IR or PUP list.

Their plan is to let him heal up.
(07-31-2021, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2021, 08:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Eh.

He was cut because of a failed physical.  Nobody ever said he was special but he was a decent player for us and you need this guy's. I'm sure you didn't even know who he was since he's not a big name
Lol ok bud.

I know all about Leon which is why I’m not shocked he’s cut. He’s an injury prone average to below average linebacker that you can find anywhere.

No reason to try and take a dig just because someone disagrees with you.
(07-31-2021, 05:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think we might see some marginal players cut because they refuse to get vaccinated, although that won't be the stated reason, of course.

Does that tinfoil get hot in the Florida sun?
(08-02-2021, 08:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 05:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think we might see some marginal players cut because they refuse to get vaccinated, although that won't be the stated reason, of course.

Does that tinfoil get hot in the Florida sun?

Not our team but who do you think will be the backup QB in Minnesota this year? The vaccinated guy who can practice or the guy who needs to stay away from camp for a week and a half?
Pages: 1 2