Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cities Try to Head Off Eviction Wave as Federal Ban Expires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cities Try to Head Off Eviction Wave as Federal Ban Expires

Rebecca, a 54-year-old retired nurse from Clearwater, Florida, said she was pressured to sign papers confirming she would pay extra rent — which she could not afford — to stay in her home after her landlord filed for an eviction in March.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/united-...pA9Ph-C_lc
Rent prices rise as property tax and insurance rise. Not to mention, landlords have to protect themselves from eviction moratoriums like these.
At some point, enough is enough. Make resources available to help those who need help, but stop with the blanket eviction bans.
Congress taking a 7 week vacation with the looming eviction moratorium set to expire Sunday should easily hand the house back to the GOP next year.
(07-31-2021, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Congress taking a 7 week vacation with the looming eviction moratorium set to expire Sunday should easily hand the house back to the GOP next year.

The election fraud about to be perpetrated by state legislatures with redistricting, combined with the "voter rights" election fraud some are currently perpetrating, has already taken care of that.
(07-31-2021, 02:00 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Congress taking a 7 week vacation with the looming eviction moratorium set to expire Sunday should easily hand the house back to the GOP next year.

The election fraud about to be perpetrated by state legislatures with redistricting, combined with the "voter rights" election fraud some are currently perpetrating, has already taken care of that.

You mean not letting the dead and illegals cast votes thing? I'm sorry this is happening to you. Anything to add on the topic?

Welcome back BTW.
(07-31-2021, 02:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 02:00 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]The election fraud about to be perpetrated by state legislatures with redistricting, combined with the "voter rights" election fraud some are currently perpetrating, has already taken care of that.

You mean not letting the dead and illegals cast votes thing? I'm sorry this is happening to you. Anything to add on the topic?

Welcome back BTW.

Didja miss me?

Have you seen the part where GOP backers of the "audit" in Michigan have disavowed it, and the GOP is Arizona is trying to make theirs go away and be forgotten about? Or how the only thing those audits have turned up is nothing? I'm genuinely sad because while the misguided few making all the noise continue to happily defend their glorious traitor in chief, the real traitors are being given more or less free will to destroy the country's democracy while being guaranteed shelter by a court system they've strategically come to dominate. It's sad, really. Democracy in this country is on life support, the court system designed to protect it is bought and paid for those dismantling it, and those who believe themselves to be loudly defending it are useful idiots standing on its throat.

There are still ways to fix this, but no one cares. Liberals are going to keep on shouting about the GOP impeding them, then not get anything done anyway when they have total control. You guys are just going to go on shooting people with darker skin than yours and pouring motor oil down storm drains. I'm at peace with that and merely enjoying the ride. This forum contains about the looniest bunch of wackos I know, so you're all kind of my barometer as to how far gone we are. That's why I bothered to log back in.
I'm pretty sure at this point politicians are more concerned with pet projects and telling anyone who will listen how bad the other side is than doing their actual jobs. It's been happening for awhile but it wasn't so blatant. It's all out in the open now and it's disgusting. I'm so sick and tired of the bickering and divisive behavior on both sides.

The government has the resources to give to these people but they're not allocating it out as quickly as they could. Too much behind the scenes [BLEEP]-for-tat crap attached to it, I'm sure.
(07-31-2021, 03:31 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 02:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You mean not letting the dead and illegals cast votes thing? I'm sorry this is happening to you. Anything to add on the topic?

Welcome back BTW.

Didja miss me?

Have you seen the part where GOP backers of the "audit" in Michigan have disavowed it, and the GOP is Arizona is trying to make theirs go away and be forgotten about? Or how the only thing those audits have turned up is nothing? I'm genuinely sad because while the misguided few making all the noise continue to happily defend their glorious traitor in chief, the real traitors are being given more or less free will to destroy the country's democracy while being guaranteed shelter by a court system they've strategically come to dominate. It's sad, really. Democracy in this country is on life support, the court system designed to protect it is bought and paid for those dismantling it, and those who believe themselves to be loudly defending it are useful idiots standing on its throat.

There are still ways to fix this, but no one cares. Liberals are going to keep on shouting about the GOP impeding them, then not get anything done anyway when they have total control. You guys are just going to go on shooting people with darker skin than yours and pouring motor oil down storm drains. I'm at peace with that and merely enjoying the ride. This forum contains about the looniest bunch of wackos I know, so you're all kind of my barometer as to how far gone we are. That's why I bothered to log back in.

Where are you getting your news? You've gone really far left over the last few years.
(07-31-2021, 06:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 03:31 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Didja miss me?

Where are you getting your news? You've gone really far left over the last few years.

If anything, I think my foolish efforts to cling to the constitutional democracy envisioned by the founding fathers has led me to a place of anarchy.
(07-31-2021, 08:38 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 06:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you getting your news? You've gone really far left over the last few years.

If anything, I think my foolish efforts to cling to the constitutional democracy envisioned by the founding fathers has led me to a place of anarchy.

You have still yet to comment on the eviction moratorium ending today.
(07-31-2021, 08:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 08:38 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]If anything, I think my foolish efforts to cling to the constitutional democracy envisioned by the founding fathers has led me to a place of anarchy.

You have still yet to comment on the eviction moratorium ending today.

That's the very first thing I did:

(07-30-2021, 06:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]At some point, enough is enough. Make resources available to help those who need help, but stop with the blanket eviction bans.
(07-31-2021, 09:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 08:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You have still yet to comment on the eviction moratorium ending today.

That's the very first thing I did:

(07-30-2021, 06:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]At some point, enough is enough. Make resources available to help those who need help, but stop with the blanket eviction bans.

Opp, must have missed it. My bad. Wow we actually agree on something,  even though resources are available.
Deadbeats get to milk it a little longer I guess.
Wonder how many of these people had the money, but just decided to not pay because they could?
Only $3B, yes that's a B, of the $45B Congress allocated for this purpose has been distributed to the people this is meant to help.
(08-03-2021, 05:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder how many of these people had the money, but just decided to not pay because they could?

This whole thing is a huge wakeup call for Landlords. We recently asked for 3 months,  last month, and security deposit at lease signing and multiple people were prepared to do it. 

Future renters will need to bring some serious cash to the table because of this.
(08-03-2021, 05:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder how many of these people had the money, but just decided to not pay because they could?

I personally know of people who are also renters that got the "China virus" relief money and blew it.  My initial thought is "that's why they are renters and not owners".  I know that there are a few cases where it might make sense for people to rent rather than own, but the way I look at things, that money would have been socked away to eventually be able to own rather than rent.

Less than some would like to think, but far, far more than others want to believe. My two cents, anyway.
Since when does the CDC have legislative power?
Pages: 1 2