Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: California pig rules could cause bacon to disappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WHAT!!!!! NO BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

California pig rules could cause bacon to disappear

New rules go into effect next year that require more space for pigs and other animals

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ca...-disappear
The moment the worldwide neomarxist revolution stumbled.
We're about to fallow 1-2 million acres as well, over the next decade or so. 

So maybe no more lots of things.
(07-31-2021, 09:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]We're about to fallow 1-2 million acres as well, over the next decade or so. 

What's the reason for that? Not enough water?
(07-31-2021, 07:05 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]WHAT!!!!! NO BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

California pig rules could cause bacon to disappear

New rules go into effect next year that require more space for pigs and other animals

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ca...-disappear

What a tragedy.
Who cares if California can't get bacon. Good. Keep making those policies. If I had money, I'd be buying up so much real estate in Cali right now. I'm sure that's what the big ballers are doing. They'll either get a mass exodus and it will be nice to live there with less traffic, or they will get rid of some of these moron politicians and the value will skyrocket. Either way.
(08-01-2021, 08:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2021, 09:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]We're about to fallow 1-2 million acres as well, over the next decade or so. 

What's the reason for that? Not enough water?

Yup.
(08-01-2021, 04:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2021, 08:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]What's the reason for that? Not enough water?

Yup.

Please, I beg of you, take ours!!  We’ve gotten unseasonably amounts of rain.  Not the garden variety afternoon rain either.  I’ve never met a summer where it’s rained this much during the daytime.  Things are crazy these days.  The world in itself, and weather patterns.  I know out west wildfires and drought are kinda normal and you guys are “used” to it, unfortunately.  But, Is this season dryer than normal for y’all out there?
(08-01-2021, 06:37 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2021, 04:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Yup.

Please, I beg of you, take ours!!  We’ve gotten unseasonably amounts of rain.  Not the garden variety afternoon rain either.  I’ve never met a summer where it’s rained this much during the daytime.  Things are crazy these days.  The world in itself, and weather patterns.  I know out west wildfires and drought are kinda normal and you guys are “used” to it, unfortunately.  But, Is this season dryer than normal for y’all out there?

Well, I wouldn't say I'm real used to all these wildfires. We're prone to them for sure but last year was way beyond anything I've ever experienced. This year we've had fire as well but it seems like they're more ready for them and people are being slightly less careless, the fires aren't getting as out of control and burning whole cities off the map etc. 

Droughts are more complicated. We've always been in a cyclical state of drought and flood. I'm 41, and this is the third major drought I've experienced. I grew up during a real bad one (87-92), we had another from 12-16, and this one I'm guessing officially started this year but yeah it's already pretty bad. One more dry year and it'll be drastic.

I think the thing that lifelong Californians or maybe the farming community are raising their eyebrows over are two drought periods coming so quickly relative to each other, and that our winters are heating up just enough to start screwing with crops, spring is arriving more quickly, and the last two summers have been a bit hotter than our normal range.
Can this state fall into the ocean already?