Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: BIG BROTHER is watching..........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can understand this IF you have been convicted of a DWI/DUI but... to force it on everyone....... Seems unconstitutional under the 4th amendment which reads:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Senate Infrastructure Bill Would Force All New Cars To Have Alcohol Monitors

The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act would require all new automobiles to install breathalyzers or other alcohol monitors.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/senate-in...9jwNKLriGs
Just another dumb waste of taxpayer dollars.
(08-05-2021, 05:43 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand this IF you have been convicted of a DWI/DUI but... to force it on everyone....... Seems unconstitutional under the 4th amendment which reads:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act would require all new automobiles to install breathalyzers or other alcohol monitors.

Read the article. Breathalyzers in cars are plan B. 
Plan A is to use the driver alertness sensor that is already in most new cars to slow down or disable the car if it gets a bad reading.
Now both plans are stupid.
But the article makes this sound worse than it really is.
(08-05-2021, 06:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 05:43 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand this IF you have been convicted of a DWI/DUI but... to force it on everyone....... Seems unconstitutional under the 4th amendment which reads:

Read the article. Breathalyzers in cars are plan B. 
Plan A is to use the driver alertness sensor that is already in most new cars to slow down or disable the car if it gets a bad reading.

Those sensors don't work. Put on sunglasses, they are done. They never know when I'm tired.

It's about control and being able to remotely shut your car off. I wonder who will have that power? It sure won't be the police, fbi, banks, repos, etc.
(08-05-2021, 06:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 06:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Read the article. Breathalyzers in cars are plan B. 

Those sensors don't work. Put on sunglasses, they are done. They never know when I'm tired.

It's about control and being able to remotely shut your car off. I wonder who will have that power? It sure won't be the police, fbi, banks, repos, etc.

You think they're going to find out you voted for Trump and then shut off your car?
(08-06-2021, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 06:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Those sensors don't work. Put on sunglasses, they are done. They never know when I'm tired.

You think they're going to find out you voted for Trump and then shut off your car?

If the liberals get their way, you wouldn't be able to buy a car. Social credit scores would stop that. If you happened to get a car and then turned on them, they can shut everything down. This isn't anything secret, they opening say these things.
(08-06-2021, 12:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2021, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]You think they're going to find out you voted for Trump and then shut off your car?

If the liberals get their way, you wouldn't be able to buy a car. Social credit scores would stop that. If you happened to get a car and then turned on them, they can shut everything down. This isn't anything secret, they opening say these things.

It's why the want us cash-less as well, control the data and you control the person.