Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Dumbing Down of America continues......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oregon governor signs bill suspending math, reading proficiency requirements for HS graduates

Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Democrat, signed a bill last month with little fanfare that drops the requirement that high school students prove proficiency in reading, writing or math, before graduation, a report said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-govern...-graduates
Education reform is coming faster than we think. Picture a society where school districts are abolished and parents opt for a national Peloton virtual model of education where low rated teachers are eliminated from the system naturally.
'Welcome to Costco, I love you"
(08-10-2021, 07:30 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]'Welcome to Costco, I love you"

Ironically, Costco will probably offer education services at some point in our lifetime.

Mike Judge is the modern day Nostradamus.
It's a big problem, because significant racial differences in test scores persist on every single city, county, school district and school in America. The critical race peddlers have become brazen, openly saying there can be no other explanation besides systemic racism. Places like Oregon can't do better, but want to be on the side of light when the locust swarm comes. Ergo, drop all requirements that can have racial disparity

Yet another piece of proof they care more about demonstrations of virtue than actually doing good and helping change lives.
Another thread the resident lefties will ignore, even though they disagree with this. They bury their head in the sand as people willfully deconstruct the culture that allowed America to thrive. Just a school. Just a school district. Just a county. Just a state. But it will stop there, right? Wake up. You're losing your America.
[Image: idiocracy-poster.jpg?1458770757]
(08-10-2021, 10:12 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Another thread the resident lefties will ignore, even though they disagree with this. They bury their head in the sand as people willfully deconstruct the culture that allowed America to thrive. Just a school. Just a school district. Just a county. Just a state. But it will stop there, right? Wake up. You're losing your America.

You would think the lights would come on at some point after years of the leftist mantra that standards must be lowered #becauseminorities.
(08-10-2021, 10:12 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Another thread the resident lefties will ignore, even though they disagree with this. They bury their head in the sand as people willfully deconstruct the culture that allowed America to thrive. Just a school. Just a school district. Just a county. Just a state. But it will stop there, right? Wake up. You're losing your America.

I would bet that Oregon, like most states, made HS graduation requirements much more rigorous in the late 90s and early 2000s.  Many states including FL have relaxed their standards or made them more flexible in the last decade or so. 
I've said this before on this form and I will say it again. In blue States they use race as an excuse to get needed business done. In red States they use jobs. In both cases the real story is usually something else.
(08-10-2021, 11:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

I would bet that Oregon, like most states, made HS graduation requirements much more rigorous in the late 90s and early 2000s.  Many states including FL have relaxed their standards or made them more flexible in the last decade or so. 
I've said this before on this form and I will say it again. In blue States they use race as an excuse to get needed business done. In red States they use jobs. In both cases the real story is usually something else.

LOL. You have serious issues.
Bigotry of low expectations, the Democrat moto, the dumber the better.

i wearned too weed @ oragon hi skool...