Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question about the game on the radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was at the game last night, and I tried to listen to the 1010xl broadcast on my cell phone, using the 1010xl app, and instead, I got some show about gambling.   

Was the game on 1010xl last night?  

If it was, is there any known reason I cannot get the broadcast when I'm inside the stadium?
(08-15-2021, 11:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I was at the game last night, and I tried to listen to the 1010xl broadcast on my cell phone, using the 1010xl app, and instead, I got some show about gambling.   

If it was, is there any known reason I cannot get the broadcast when I'm inside the stadium?

The NFL has clamped down on broadcast rights. They only allow NFL games to be broadcast over local radio airwaves. Since the app is online content, the NFL does not allow it.
(08-15-2021, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2021, 11:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I was at the game last night, and I tried to listen to the 1010xl broadcast on my cell phone, using the 1010xl app, and instead, I got some show about gambling.   

The NFL has clamped down on broadcast rights. They only allow NFL games to be broadcast over local radio airwaves. Since the app is online content, the NFL does not allow it.

Aaaah, thanks.  So I would need a "radio."  I seem to remember having one of those a long time ago.
(08-15-2021, 11:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2021, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL has clamped down on broadcast rights. They only allow NFL games to be broadcast over local radio airwaves. Since the app is online content, the NFL does not allow it.

Aaaah, thanks.  So I would need a "radio."  I seem to remember having one of those a long time ago.

When I used to travel a lot for work, online broadcasts were how I listened to the game. The NFL put the kibosh on that some years ago. Bastards.

Cell phones used to come with FM radio circuitry built in. Not anymore.
I’m not sure if it would work or not but there is app called simple radio I used sometimes when I had my antenna on my work truck ripped off in a car wash. It had regular radio stations and I used it to get 92.5 but I’m not sure if they would be blocked by the nfl.
(08-15-2021, 11:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure if it would work or not but there is app called simple radio I used sometimes when I had my antenna on my work truck ripped off in a car wash. It had regular radio stations and I used it to get 92.5 but I’m not sure if they would be blocked by the nfl.

The easiest solution would probably be for me to buy a pocket sized radio and some noise-isolating or noise cancelling wired earphones.
If you are a season ticket holder, you get free access to NFL Game pass which includes "live game day audio". I know in the past you could select which teams broadcast.
Check your email and spam for an email from [email protected] with subject NFL Membership Club Benefits Inside

Also includes Red Zone on mobile app

[Image: %7B5fcbf905-aaa1-459e-8ecf-d229bf3fa64c%7D_Redzone.png]
Get exclusive access to NFL RedZone from NFL Network on your smartphone device at no charge and catch every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoon! Access by downloading the NFL app on supported iOS and Android smartphone device. Once inside the app, you will be able to sign up for RedZone via Ticketmaster Account ID or primary email address on their account, and password. Go to Settings (top right corner) > Scroll down to “Connected Accounts”> Next to “Season Ticket Holder” tap “Connect”> Login with Ticketmaster or SeatGeek username or email address & password This exclusive benefit begins Sunday, September 12th, 2021.

[Image: %7B9c554b74-ffe9-4243-8c26-c9f0ec6ff196%7D_GamePass.png]
As a Season Ticket Member you will receive complimentary access to watch replays of every game all season, live game day audio and NFL original shows. In order to take advantage, you must enter your unique code for NFL Game Pass on the checkout page.

Where can I watch?

• On the web at www.NFL.com/gamepass
  • Smartphone or Tablet via NFL Mobile
  • Connected TVs (Xbox, Apple TV, PlayStation) via the NFL App
Please use your unique access code for FREE access starting now.
Thanks!
If you want to listen at the game, get a radio or it will be delayed. Cellphone will not be close to live. The NFL also has restrictions for location. Sunday Ticket doesn't work while in the stadium and I don't believe NFL GameDay does either.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Wouldnt the station broadcast on tune in or i heart radio work? Albeit with a slight delay? A small radio should be pretty cheap tho.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FM-Radio-Headph...ect=mobile

Maybe something like this.
(08-20-2021, 08:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to listen at the game, get a radio or it will be delayed. Cellphone will not be close to live. The NFL also has restrictions for location. Sunday Ticket doesn't work while in the stadium and I don't believe NFL GameDay does either.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

A vpn should avoid that.
(08-20-2021, 08:37 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldnt the station broadcast on tune in or i heart radio work?  Albeit with a slight delay?  A small radio should be pretty cheap tho.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FM-Radio-Headph...ect=mobile

Maybe something like this.

Tune In and iHeart are still online content.
I have a small radio with wired earphones, so that will work, but what would work even better is if I could use my noise-cancelling blue tooth earbuds.  So if NFL Game Pass can give me the live broadcast for free, I can use my cell phone and my noise-cancelling blue tooth earbuds.  
And the reason I'd like to be able to use my noise cancelling earbuds is because the music in the stadium is literally painfully loud.
(08-21-2021, 07:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I have a small radio with wired earphones, so that will work, but what would work even better is if I could use my noise-cancelling blue tooth earbuds.  So if NFL Game Pass can give me the live broadcast for free, I can use my cell phone and my noise-cancelling blue tooth earbuds.  
And the reason I'd like to be able to use my noise cancelling earbuds is because the music in the stadium is literally painfully loud.
You can get a Bluetooth transmitter on Amazon and plug that into the radio. Really easy and solves the delay. You can see if GameDay will work at the stadium but even if it does the delay is like 1 play or more. I used it when watching away games and that was after the tv delay.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

New member here but wanted to share my experience. I like to listen to the radio broadcasts simultaneously as well. Having been a fan from day 1 in 93 when the team was created I bought season tickets the first three years. Since then it has been TV and/ or radio for me. That and reading this forum for years. I found it difficult to listen to the games on the radio from my computer until I started pulling up a different station on the internet. Last week I used 95.7 The Hog from the Daytona area. Previously I had used WRUF from Gainesville. I would suggest pulling up your browser on your phone and going to the 95.7 website. It IS a couple second delay before the broadcast gets to you and of course the play by play is by Everybody's favorite announcer Frangie (heavy sarcasm here) but Boselli and Lageman give some very enjoyable insights after the plays.
(08-22-2021, 08:27 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: [ -> ]

New member here but wanted to share my experience. I like to listen to the radio broadcasts simultaneously as well. Having been a fan from day 1 in 93 when the team was created I bought season tickets the first three years. Since then it has been TV and/ or radio for me. That and reading this forum for years. I found it difficult to listen to the games on the radio from my computer until I started pulling up a different station on the internet. Last week I used 95.7 The Hog from the Daytona area. Previously I had used WRUF from Gainesville. I would suggest pulling up your browser on your phone and going to the 95.7 website. It IS a couple second delay before the broadcast gets to you and of course the play by play is by Everybody's favorite announcer Frangie (heavy sarcasm here) but Boselli and Lageman give some very enjoyable insights after the plays.

Thanks!  I'll try that.  

Right now my plan B is my pocket radio and some wired earbuds.  But I would much rather use my cell phone (which I have to carry anyway) and my bluetooth noise-cancelling earpods.
(08-22-2021, 09:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2021, 08:27 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: [ -> ]New member here but wanted to share my experience. I like to listen to the radio broadcasts simultaneously as well. Having been a fan from day 1 in 93 when the team was created I bought season tickets the first three years. Since then it has been TV and/ or radio for me. That and reading this forum for years. I found it difficult to listen to the games on the radio from my computer until I started pulling up a different station on the internet. Last week I used 95.7 The Hog from the Daytona area. Previously I had used WRUF from Gainesville. I would suggest pulling up your browser on your phone and going to the 95.7 website. It IS a couple second delay before the broadcast gets to you and of course the play by play is by Everybody's favorite announcer Frangie (heavy sarcasm here) but Boselli and Lageman give some very enjoyable insights after the plays.

Thanks!  I'll try that.  

Right now my plan B is my pocket radio and some wired earbuds.  But I would much rather use my cell phone (which I have to carry anyway) and my bluetooth noise-cancelling earpods.
Wink