Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Was that Brian Sexton calling the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It sounded like him.
(08-15-2021, 06:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]It sounded like him.

Him and Bucky Brooks.
Thanks Senor. Do you know if he will be calling the regular season games? I’m probably in the minority but I like Sexton bc my family and I always listened on the radio if we had to run an errand during a game.
(08-15-2021, 06:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Senor. Do you know if he will be calling the regular season games? I’m probably in the minority but I like Sexton bc my family and I always listened on the radio if we had to run an errand during a game.

No, Mumbles Frangie is the Voice of the Jaguars.
Aw Man..
Thanks
Sexton/Brooks. Only replying because can’t tell if you were fooled or not.
(08-15-2021, 06:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Senor. Do you know if he will be calling the regular season games? I’m probably in the minority but I like Sexton bc my family and I always listened on the radio if we had to run an errand during a game.

No it will be Frangie. I never liked Sexton. I don't really like Frangie but it's not a huge difference. Our success with play by play personnel is similar to our success on the field it would seem.
(08-15-2021, 08:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]

No it will be Frangie. I never liked Sexton. I don't really like Frangie but it's not a huge difference. Our success with play by play personnel is similar to our success on the field it would seem.

I don't really have strong opinions on any of the PBP calling but man I can't stand Sexton as an analyst or on any of the .com podcast. Just the worst.
It will be whatever cbscrew is assigned to the games weekly, right? Frangie is the radio guy, or is that what you were referring to the radio?
(08-15-2021, 07:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

No, Mumbles Frangie is the Voice of the Jaguars.

(08-15-2021, 08:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Not like the Jags have a choice. Unless they say they won't pay the contract unless Frangie is gone, he will continue to call the games. Frangie has to justify whatever inflated salary they are paying him and his radio show has been bad for a long time.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
What has always drived me nuts with Sexton is he frequently names the wrong player making the play, and won't correct himself even during the replay. The other bothersome thing for me is he rarely criticizes the team. For instance, as the Browns are passing the ball almost effortlessly down the field on another drive again, he says nothing of coverage or pass rush, instead comments how wonderful it is that the defense is keeping them out of the endzone. I like having an objective play-by-play guy, not a PR guy serving me up continual rainbows.
(08-15-2021, 10:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2021, 07:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]No, Mumbles Frangie is the Voice of the Jaguars.

(08-15-2021, 08:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]No it will be Frangie. I never liked Sexton. I don't really like Frangie but it's not a huge difference. Our success with play by play personnel is similar to our success on the field it would seem.

Not like the Jags have a choice. Unless they say they won't pay the contract unless Frangie is gone, he will continue to call the games. Frangie has to justify whatever inflated salary they are paying him and his radio show has been bad for a long time.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Frangie owns the radio station, so he's never leaving.
I never understood the hatred for playcallers.. Brian Sexton, Frank Frangie, Joe Buck..

Who cares..