Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Only 3 preseason games. What can we expect from the Steeler MNF game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we expect the projected starters to play all the first half into the third quarter?  Starters playing only a Quarter?  Usually with the 4 preseason games, the dress rehearsal is the third game with the 4th game mostly about finding depth. Any news on how it will be handled?
(08-16-2021, 03:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Can we expect the projected starters to play all the first half into the third quarter?  Starters playing only a Quarter?  Usually with the 4 preseason games, the dress rehearsal is the third game with the 4th game mostly about finding depth. Any news on how it will be handled?

I think they will treat this game like the 3rd preseason game of years past. I think the starters will play most of the game and sit out the last game.
(08-18-2021, 08:59 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2021, 03:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Can we expect the projected starters to play all the first half into the third quarter?  Starters playing only a Quarter?  Usually with the 4 preseason games, the dress rehearsal is the third game with the 4th game mostly about finding depth. Any news on how it will be handled?

I think they will treat this game like the 3rd preseason game of years past. I think the starters will play most of the game and sit out the last game.

I think it will depend on how things go against the Saints.  If we're getting annihilated, I would not expect the starters to go much more than part of the 2nd quarter.
Yes we are playing the Saints. Will they start Jamies for 2 quarters? May be a nice test for the D.
According to this, week 3 will be the dress rehearsal.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2021...ng-tracker
Dont they have two weeks off after last preseason game. Imo that will be the game the starters go mid third qtr. But hey i dont know jack.
I think everything stays the same. The 4th game was a throw away.
(08-19-2021, 09:49 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Dont they have two weeks off after last preseason game.  Imo that will be the game the starters go mid third qtr.  But hey i dont know jack.

Yeah, in the same boat. not sure if this week will be the dress rehearsal or not. I found it odd that they kept final cuts so close to the end of the games next week, I figured that extra time would be nice for teams to either get some added practice time in or make some deals involving the guys on the bubble.

I kind of wonder if the extended PT for the starters is what goes extinct in this new schedule. that extra week of practice without tackling may be preferred by the coaches to prep the starters with less risk of injury.
From what I've been reading league-wise, most teams will be treating the third pre season game the way they've always treated the third pre-season game.

If you can trust what you read.
(08-20-2021, 10:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've been reading league-wise, most teams will be treating the third pre season game the way they've always treated the third pre-season game.

I would assume this requires some foreplanning from the various coaches on each team's schedule, too.

Cuz just think if you decided to treat game 2 as your dress rehearsal, and the opposing coach is rolling out the bottom of his roster, assuming game 3 is the big show. You're not gonna get reliable feedback on how your guys are gonna do when the baloney stops, except Vic didn't say baloney.
(08-20-2021, 10:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've been reading league-wise, most teams will be treating the third pre season game the way they've always treated the third pre-season game.

Always made sense to me, you have two weeks off now so not playing starters in week 3 means you are going 3 weeks of no games. I expect a half and maybe 1 series to be the norm around the league for most starting players.