Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Camp Cuts / Waiver Claims / IR Stash etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Starting to see some IR stash happening:

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...37226?s=20

Quote:For those wondering, both Josh Imatorbhebhe and Tim Jones are heading to the [font=TwitterChirp, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#Jaguars[/font]' injured reserve list after neither were claimed.

Urban Meyer yesterday called the pair "two receivers that I think have a future in the NFL"
(08-19-2021, 01:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Luc Barcoo waived

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...44519?s=20

Receiver is going to be tough. 

Jones, Chark, and Shenault are guaranteed.

Treadwell is almost a lock as he's fast, big bodied, and finally seems to be putting it together. 

I think it's Dorsett vs. Austin for the 5th receiver small slot/deep threat role. Loser gets cut. 

I think Colin Johnson has good potential, but he doesn't seem like a Baalke/Urban guy, so maybe a trade can be made. It's him vs. Jalen Camp for the 6th receiver role, if they keep 6. 

I like Jalen Camp. I think if he goes on practice squad, he gets plucked by another team.

TEs look to be O'Shag, Manhertz, Farrell, Ellefson in that order if we keep 4. I think Tyler Davis is a goner.
(08-19-2021, 02:16 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]

Treadwell is almost a lock as he's fast, big bodied, and finally seems to be putting it together. 

I think it's Dorsett vs. Austin for the 5th receiver small slot/deep threat role. Loser gets cut. 

I think Colin Johnson has good potential, but he doesn't seem like a Baalke/Urban guy, so maybe a trade can be made. It's him vs. Jalen Camp for the 6th receiver role, if they keep 6. 

I like Jalen Camp. I think if he goes on practice squad, he gets plucked by another team.

TEs look to be O'Shag, Manhertz, Farrell, Ellefson in that order if we keep 4. I think Tyler Davis is a goner.

Hold your tongue. Tyler Davis is the best TE on the team.
(08-19-2021, 02:16 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]

Agnew is also pretty much guaranteed and pushes a second one of those receivers off the roster. I think Treadwell, Dorsett, and Camp are out with Austin making the roster and Camp getting to the PS. If they only keep 3 TEs then I could see Dorsett making it too just because of his speed.

So I think you end up with:

TLaw/GM15
JRob, ETN, Hyde (or a different guy)
Jones, Chark, Chenault, Agnew, Johnson, Austin (plus maybe Dorsett if 7)
Man-Hurts, O'Shag, Farrell (Ellefson if 4)

Treadwell, Davis are gone, Camp to the P.S.
(08-19-2021, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2021, 02:16 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]Receiver is going to be tough. 

Agnew is also pretty much guaranteed and pushes a second one of those receivers off the roster. I think Treadwell, Dorsett, and Camp are out with Austin making the roster and Camp getting to the PS. If they only keep 3 TEs then I could see Dorsett making it too just because of his speed.

TLaw/GM15

Forgot about Agnew. I think Treadwell makes it. He's big bodied and fast. Austin and Dorsett are fast, but not big.
(08-19-2021, 03:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2021, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Agnew is also pretty much guaranteed and pushes a second one of those receivers off the roster. I think Treadwell, Dorsett, and Camp are out with Austin making the roster and Camp getting to the PS. If they only keep 3 TEs then I could see Dorsett making it too just because of his speed.

TLaw/GM15

Forgot about Agnew. I think Treadwell makes it. He's big bodied and fast. Austin and Dorsett are fast, but not big.

Perhaps, but it seems that Urbs likes the small fast guys (ie Kedarius Toney) and Treadwell doesn't fit that mold.
(08-19-2021, 03:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2021, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Agnew is also pretty much guaranteed and pushes a second one of those receivers off the roster. I think Treadwell, Dorsett, and Camp are out with Austin making the roster and Camp getting to the PS. If they only keep 3 TEs then I could see Dorsett making it too just because of his speed.

TLaw/GM15

Agnew is our return guy.   He has to make the team.
(08-19-2021, 03:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2021, 03:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot about Agnew. I think Treadwell makes it. He's big bodied and fast. Austin and Dorsett are fast, but not big.

Perhaps, but it seems that Urbs likes the small fast guys (ie Kedarius Toney) and Treadwell doesn't fit that mold.

I dunno. He wanted Chark to bulk up. I think he wants his small guys fast and his big guys fast. He also wants his tight ends to be dual threats, with greater emphasis on run blocking.
Agnew got a press conference today. So I think he's staying, lol.

See *Damien Wilson*.
(08-19-2021, 05:41 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2021, 03:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps, but it seems that Urbs likes the small fast guys (ie Kedarius Toney) and Treadwell doesn't fit that mold.

I dunno. He wanted Chark to bulk up. I think he wants his small guys fast and his big guys fast. He also wants his tight ends to be dual threats, with greater emphasis on run blocking.

Yeah - big guy, small guy, meh, I don't think he's focused on liking small guys or liking big guys. He has different roles he's trying to fill and he wants all of them fast.
If they keep Dorsett or Austin over guys like Johnson or Camp then that's a mistake.

Those guys have proven that they aren't any good and a couple weeks of training camp isn't going to change that. 5 years and 8 years of game sample size trumps a couple weeks of training camp that was mostly against air. We already know what they are and it's nothing special. Johnson and Camp have upside, Dorsett and Austin don't.
(08-19-2021, 06:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If they keep Dorsett or Austin over guys like Johnson or Camp then that's a mistake.

Those guys have proven that they aren't any good and a couple weeks of training camp isn't going to change that. 5 years and 8 years of game sample size trumps a couple weeks of training camp that was mostly against air. We already know what they are and it's nothing special. Johnson and Camp have upside, Dorsett and Austin don't.

They weren't playing in Meyer's offense before. I agree they are probably not going to make an impact but the others won't either. Who can play special teams, who gets claimed off waivers, etc will all go into the decision.
(08-19-2021, 06:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2021, 06:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If they keep Dorsett or Austin over guys like Johnson or Camp then that's a mistake.

They weren't playing in Meyer's offense before. I agree they are probably not going to make an impact but the others won't either. Who can play special teams, who gets claimed off waivers, etc will all go into the decision.

Dorsett and Austin combined have been in 7-8 different Offenses. They weren't good in any of them. Somehow Urban's special Offense is going to change that? While it may be vanilla (going against vanilla), we got our first look at Urb's Offense in the 1st preseason game and let me tell you, it wasn't anything impressive on any level.

Absolutely, ST is going to be a huge factor in who makes the bottom 1/3 of this roster. Camp played a bunch of ST in the Browns game. Dorsett and Austin would mostly fill in as a returner on ST, but they'd be behind Agnew and Claybrooks anyways. Camp has far more upside and provides more roster ability imo. He's the type you want to keep around and try to develop. Maybe he turns into something, maybe he doesn't, but the tools are there. We already know who Dorsett and Austin are.
(08-19-2021, 05:30 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2021, 03:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot about Agnew. I think Treadwell makes it. He's big bodied and fast. Austin and Dorsett are fast, but not big.

Agnew is our return guy.   He has to make the team.

Agnew is a 100% lock. Urbs all but said it during the press conference after the Browns game. He said that he pulled Agnew from the game after he got a few snaps at WR, because of how valuable he is as their return guy. Basically said he's keeping him in bubble wrap until the season starts.
I remember a little while back someone saying they wouldn’t be shocked if Marvin Jones was cut…..

Pretty hilarious.
I think Jalen Camp makes the 53. If he goes PS then he will get scooped up by a WR needy team.
If Johnson or Camp are cut, they will regret it.
(08-19-2021, 11:45 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]If Johnson or Camp are cut, they will regret it.

If we finally start cutting players we regret cutting, that's progress.  In the past, we haven't had enough decent players that we had to cut any of them.
One of the best problems a team can have is having to cut players that you know other teams will value.
Pages: 1 2