Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars updated depth chart going into week 2 at the Saints..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I look at RB, QB and LT… it makes me feel I should see “K Lambo or <insert one legged man here>“. Other than that..seems right.
I could've sworn that we released Barcoo. S(scratching)MH.

NH3...
I don't know what they think they're accomplishing with the clown show at QB. All focus should be on preparing Lawrence, not on pretending there is anyone else on the team that can compete with him.
(08-20-2021, 06:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what they think they're accomplishing with the clown show at QB. All focus should be on preparing Lawrence, not on pretending there is anyone else on the team that can compete with him.

I kind of agree, but it's not a big deal.  He has a long career ahead of him.
Not sure why he’s playing games at QB. Lawrence better start preseason game 3.
I hope Cisco and Campbell start too. Gives us a young up and coming team going into next year. I know what I got in Jones and Wilson.
(08-20-2021, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2021, 06:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what they think they're accomplishing with the clown show at QB. All focus should be on preparing Lawrence, not on pretending there is anyone else on the team that can compete with him.

In the long term outlook you're right, it's small potatoes. However, if they care about winning this season, and Meyer's said it's a one year plan, then they should be focused on what they're doing for week one and beyond, not about playing games around the depth chart. From everything I've seen so far Lawrence is already the better QB than everyone in the roster, and at this point the focus with regard to the QBs should just be on Lawrence's growth. Maybe splitting reps with someone that might not be here in a few weeks is just as good as focusing on him, but it seems unlikely.
(08-20-2021, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Lawrence should be getting every single first team rep. He has significantly outplayed Minshew.
(08-20-2021, 07:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2021, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of agree, but it's not a big deal.  He has a long career ahead of him.
Lawrence should be getting every single first team rep. He has significantly outplayed Minshew.

Beathard has outplayed Minshew.
(08-20-2021, 07:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2021, 07:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence should be getting every single first team rep. He has significantly outplayed Minshew.

Beathard has outplayed Minshew.

After that first game I’m wondering why Minshew is even in the picture.
Going into camp, I thought Colin Johnson was a lock for a spot at WR. I now think he's in a battle for a spot. His size is great, but he's got to show more ability to separate and capitalize on the height with contested balls.
Depth charts in pre-season are a joke.
(08-20-2021, 05:33 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]I could've sworn that we released Barcoo. S(scratching)MH.

NH3...

You are correct, he was cut.
(08-20-2021, 07:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2021, 07:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Beathard has outplayed Minshew.

Agreed. It was so obvious in that first game the difference between the two. Beathard has a much stronger arm, a quicker release and his read and reaction is so much faster. If he isn't the backup QB, then I'll begin to question everything the team does. Even a blind person could recognize that Beathard is better.
(08-20-2021, 08:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2021, 07:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]After that first game I’m wondering why Minshew is even in the picture.

Agreed. It was so obvious in that first game the difference between the two. Beathard has a much stronger arm, a quicker release and his read and reaction is so much faster. If he isn't the backup QB, then I'll begin to question everything the team does. Even a blind person could recognize that Beathard is better.

They are clearly trying to feature Minshew so they can get the best possible trade for him. It makes sense on that end.
(08-20-2021, 09:11 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2021, 08:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. It was so obvious in that first game the difference between the two. Beathard has a much stronger arm, a quicker release and his read and reaction is so much faster. If he isn't the backup QB, then I'll begin to question everything the team does. Even a blind person could recognize that Beathard is better.

They are clearly trying to feature Minshew so they can get the best possible trade for him. It makes sense on that end.
No it doesn’t.

Because those reps are hurting his trade value. They’re not helping.

I don't get the Minshew angst.  While I agree Lawrence should be getting all of the 1st team reps, I would still rather have Minshew as the back up over Beathard.  And I'm certainly not going to over-react to the 1st pre-season game of the season.  I'd rather look at the regular season performance of both Minshew and Beathard since they've been in the league - I think that gives us a better idea of what to expect from both of them:

Completion %      TD      Int      Rating      W/L
Minshew        62.9%            37       11        93.1       7-13
Beathard        58.6%            18       13        81.1       2-10

Both played for equally bad teams, other than last year when the Jags were the worst team in the league, and while Minshew was only 1-7 as a starter last year, his rating went up from 91.2 to 95.9 - and his QBR went up from 44.6 to 51.7 - the average QBR for his all of his starts is 47.4 while Beathard's is 40.9.  Neither of them is going to lead us to the Super Bowl, but I think Minshew has shown more when it actually counts, in the regular season.
(08-20-2021, 08:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2021, 07:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]After that first game I’m wondering why Minshew is even in the picture.

So obvious against the future grocery baggers of America.

Because Minshew has demonstrated being far, far superior to Beatherd against ACTUAL NFL players... not future... nothings.
(08-20-2021, 09:43 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: [ -> ]
I don't get the Minshew angst.  While I agree Lawrence should be getting all of the 1st team reps, I would still rather have Minshew as the back up over Beathard.  And I'm certainly not going to over-react to the 1st pre-season game of the season.  I'd rather look at the regular season performance of both Minshew and Beathard since they've been in the league - I think that gives us a better idea of what to expect from both of them:

Completion %      TD      Int      Rating      W/L
Minshew        62.9%            37       11        93.1       7-13
Beathard        58.6%            18       13        81.1       2-10

Both played for equally bad teams, other than last year when the Jags were the worst team in the league, and while Minshew was only 1-7 as a starter last year, his rating went up from 91.2 to 95.9 - and his QBR went up from 44.6 to 51.7 - the average QBR for his all of his starts is 47.4 while Beathard's is 40.9.  Neither of them is going to lead us to the Super Bowl, but I think Minshew has shown more when it actually counts, in the regular season.

The difference is that Minshew was the designated starter. Beathard was the backup of the backup that had to play when Garoppolo and Nick Mullens were injured. If you follow the Niners you'd know that they drafted Trey Lance because they know their team imploded when Mullens had to play. They simply can't have a starter made of glass when the team is in an open super bowl window. At the very least they need a good backup and that was neither Mullens nor Beathard. 

Beathard was even worse than Mullens.
Pages: 1 2 3