Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Media portrays Americans as hating their country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
America. LOVE IT! or LEAVE IT!........

Media portrays Americans as hating their country: The truth is more complicated

Harmeet Dhillon says academia has led to a rise in anti-American sentiment, but America is not the first country to experience the phenomena

Anti-American sentiment seems to be on the rise across the United States, from woke corporate training to critical race theory being taught in schools and athletes protesting the national anthem. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-amer...omplicated
If I were to be asked if I was proud to be American I would say yes. If I was asked if I'm proud of my country I would say I am grateful to be American and thankful I live here but it is broken and divided and that is being driven by politicians, the media, universities and organizations- all with their own agendas. 

My country's problems don't define who I am as an American.
(08-21-2021, 12:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If I were to be asked if I was proud to be American I would say yes. If I was asked if I'm proud of my country I would say I am grateful to be American and thankful I live here but it is broken and divided and that is being driven by politicians, the media, universities and organizations- all with their own agendas. 

Well said.  +1
I love my Country but I really despise some of my fellow citizens.
(08-21-2021, 12:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If I were to be asked if I was proud to be American I would say yes. If I was asked if I'm proud of my country I would say I am grateful to be American and thankful I live here but it is broken and divided and that is being driven by politicians, the media, universities and organizations- all with their own agendas. 

Be as proud as you want, but recognize your own share of the blame for the problems you mention.  Have I been anything but nice to you?  Have you been anything but rude to me?
(08-21-2021, 05:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I love my Country but I really despise some of my fellow citizens.

We all do, but we all also have a duty to respect each other and get along at least a little bit even if we despise each other.  I mean, you probably know that, but I'm not so sure others do.

Very well said. I feel the same way.
(08-21-2021, 05:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Be as proud as you want, but recognize your own share of the blame for the problems you mention.  Have I been anything but nice to you?  Have you been anything but rude to me?

Not everything is about you…no matter hard you try to make it that way. Rolleyes
(08-21-2021, 05:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I love my Country but I really despise some of my fellow citizens.

I love my country.  Normally I am proud to be an American.  I’m not exactly proud to be one with the leadership we currently have and the spineless-ness going on. (That’s very broad way of saying I don’t agree with having every TV network sport a rainbow, whites are pieces of [BLEEP] etc…)  I’m also not proud of the lazy [BLEEP] degens that refuse to work.  I’m now on the fence.  We had a great thing going until seemingly over night one party decided to [BLEEP] it in its [BLEEP] and decide to fall to other countries level.  I’m disappointed in the fact, many are happy or glad to see what’s going on.  2024 can’t come soon enough.  That’s about all I can say.  Whether you agree or not, it’ll be for your own good.
(08-21-2021, 06:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 05:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Be as proud as you want, but recognize your own share of the blame for the problems you mention.  Have I been anything but nice to you?  Have you been anything but rude to me?

Not everything is about you…no matter hard you try to make it that way. Rolleyes

I'm not claiming to be more important than anyone else.  A great thinker taught that anybody can be kind to their friends and rude to their enemies.  He said we should be kind to our enemies if we wanted to see a better world.  I'm just saying, if you're rude and divisive to me, that matters, just as much as when you're rude or divisive to anyone else.
(08-21-2021, 05:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

May I ask what share of the blame she should be recognizing?  I mean, after all, she served our country. Have you?  I’m man enough to admit that I have not.  From her posts, it doesn’t sound like she voted for this regime.  So, I ask you, what blame does a woman like this share? I hope you have a great reply set up, because if not, I’ll politely ask you to go [BLEEP] yourself on her behalf.
(08-21-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 05:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Be as proud as you want, but recognize your own share of the blame for the problems you mention.  Have I been anything but nice to you?  Have you been anything but rude to me?

May I ask what share of the blame she should be recognizing?  I mean, after all, she served our country. Have you?  I’m man enough to admit that I have not.  From her posts, it doesn’t sound like she voted for this regime.  So, I ask you, what blame does a woman like this share? I hope you have a great reply set up, because if not, I’ll politely ask you to go [BLEEP] yourself on her behalf.

She thinks he’s a tool, so that makes her a bad American.  Rolleyes
(08-21-2021, 06:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask what share of the blame she should be recognizing?  I mean, after all, she served our country. Have you?  I’m man enough to admit that I have not.  From her posts, it doesn’t sound like she voted for this regime.  So, I ask you, what blame does a woman like this share? I hope you have a great reply set up, because if not, I’ll politely ask you to go [BLEEP] yourself on her behalf.

By all accounts, she appears to be right….
(08-21-2021, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Not everything is about you…no matter hard you try to make it that way. Rolleyes

I'm not claiming to be more important than anyone else.  A great thinker taught that anybody can be kind to their friends and rude to their enemies.  He said we should be kind to our enemies if we wanted to see a better world.  I'm just saying, if you're rude and divisive to me, that matters, just as much as when you're rude or divisive to anyone else.

And yet, still has absolutely nothing to do with her being proud to be an American.
(08-21-2021, 06:32 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]She thinks he’s a tool, so that makes her a bad American.  Rolleyes
By all accounts, she appears to be right….

Better stop talking about him.. L2L might get upset lolol

Dats his boo..
(08-21-2021, 06:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask what share of the blame she should be recognizing?  I mean, after all, she served our country. Have you?  I’m man enough to admit that I have not.  From her posts, it doesn’t sound like she voted for this regime.  So, I ask you, what blame does a woman like this share? I hope you have a great reply set up, because if not, I’ll politely ask you to go [BLEEP] yourself on her behalf.

No, she's rude and divisive to me, and that makes her a hypocrite.
(08-21-2021, 06:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:32 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]By all accounts, she appears to be right….

Better stop talking about him.. L2L might get upset lolol

Dats his boo..
Haha, I’m not skeered.  I know people talk about internet bad [BLEEP] and stuff.  But I say a lot that’s not exactly socially acceptable live.  I won’t say anything here I don’t or won’t in person.  They either handle it or not. I couldn’t give two [BLEEP] after that.  That want beef or whatever… have at it.   I like my chances.
(08-21-2021, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Better stop talking about him.. L2L might get upset lolol

Dats his boo..
Haha, I’m not skeered.  I know people talk about internet bad [BLEEP] and stuff.  But I say a lot that’s not exactly socially acceptable live.  I won’t say anything here I don’t or won’t in person.  They either handle it or not. I couldn’t give two [BLEEP] after that.  That want beef or whatever… have at it.   I like my chances.

I know.. I've been readin their dribble on here for so long. I've actually started to read L2L's stuff in Bob Ross' voice.

"Now Mikey, we're gonna put a happy little communist bush here, and a big fluffy Karl Marx Cloud up here and have it shine it's liberal light for the world to see.. Isn't it just gorgeous?"..
(08-21-2021, 07:06 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, I’m not skeered.  I know people talk about internet bad [BLEEP] and stuff.  But I say a lot that’s not exactly socially acceptable live.  I won’t say anything here I don’t or won’t in person.  They either handle it or not. I couldn’t give two [BLEEP] after that.  That want beef or whatever… have at it.   I like my chances.

I know.. I've been readin their dribble on here for so long. I've actually started to read L2L's stuff in Bob Ross' voice.

"Now Mikey, we're gonna put a happy little communist bush here, and a big fluffy Karl Marx Cloud up here and have it shine it's liberal light for the world to see.. Isn't it just gorgeous?"..
Let’s just clean the brush(slap slap slap, hahaha gets me every time) we’ll use a Titanium white for these clouds.  Now we’ve got the clouds done, let’s work on the rest of the horizon.  I happen to have a doobie in my pocket.  maybe you do, maybe you don’t.  Thats ok. We can make happy mistakes.
(08-21-2021, 06:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2021, 06:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]She thinks he’s a tool, so that makes her a bad American.  Rolleyes

No, she's rude and divisive to me, and that makes her a hypocrite.

I’m sure she cares deeply about what you think of her.
Pages: 1 2 3