Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Calling it now, with Etienne out, J Rob will have an even better year this year than he did last year.  Gonna be a beast this year. Gonna be higher on the top 100 next year
Yep it is almost like we will barely miss Etienne.
Wow! What a hot take!
(08-25-2021, 07:50 AM)rufftime Wrote: [ -> ]Yep it is almost like we will barely miss Etienne.

Maybe it's the pessimism coming from the first couple of preseason games but I'm not going to be surprised if Robinson has a bit of a sophomore slump, something like 700-800 yards and 6 or 7 TDs.
(08-25-2021, 08:42 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 07:50 AM)rufftime Wrote: [ -> ]Yep it is almost like we will barely miss Etienne.

Maybe it's the pessimism coming from the first couple of preseason games but I'm not going to be surprised if Robinson has a bit of a sophomore slump, something like 700-800 yards and 6 or 7 TDs.
I think that's almost impossible as long as he's healthy.

The offense will be better than last year which will give him more scoring opportunities.
(08-25-2021, 08:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 08:42 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's the pessimism coming from the first couple of preseason games but I'm not going to be surprised if Robinson has a bit of a sophomore slump, something like 700-800 yards and 6 or 7 TDs.

The offense will be better than last year which will give him more scoring opportunities.

Man, you're optimistic! With this line and a rookie QB and head coach, I doubt it but I hope you're right.
(08-24-2021, 06:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Calling it now, with Etienne out, J Rob will have an even better year this year than he did last year.  Gonna be a beast this year. Gonna be higher on the top 100 next year

unfortunately this means we probably have to stick with Hyde, though, so heaven help us if JRob tweaks an ankle or anything.
Robinson is the only player I trust to have a good season
(08-25-2021, 09:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 08:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's almost impossible as long as he's healthy.

Man, you're optimistic! With this line and a rookie QB and head coach, I doubt it but I hope you're right.
I mean let's look at it this way.

The offense was 30th in the league in points scored at 19 a game. Healthy Chark, 2nd year Viska, Marvin Jones and Lawrence (light years better than Minshew) will all help move the ball this year.

I'm usually pretty realistic about the team so saying JRob will be better than last year isn't really a stretch for me.
(08-25-2021, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 09:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]Man, you're optimistic! With this line and a rookie QB and head coach, I doubt it but I hope you're right.
I mean let's look at it this way.

The offense was 30th in the league in points scored at 19 a game. Healthy Chark, 2nd year Viska, Marvin Jones and Lawrence (light years better than Minshew) will all help move the ball this year.

I'm usually pretty realistic about the team so saying JRob will be better than last year isn't really a stretch for me.

All that's true and he could have a good year but it's not unheard of for a rookie to come in and make a splash and then slow down their second year since the league has learned what they can do.

I also don't completely trust Meyer and Bevell to have patience with him. Robinson's an old school style RB who gets better as he gets more touches and gets in a rhythm. I suspect with Etienne out, they'll look at giving Hyde more of the load and Robinson will have a harder time establishing his rhythm.

Barring injury of course, I think you are close to what he will have for rushing. Receiving yards though might very well go up from last year. He proved to be a much better receiver out of the backfield than expected. Plus he is good at picking up the blitz so I think he will be a three down back again this year.

That's more in line with what I'm thinking.
Robinson should be fine if he and the line stay relatively healthy.
I'd wager he scrapes past 1000 yds.
(08-25-2021, 09:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 08:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's almost impossible as long as he's healthy.

Its the same line as last year. As much as I worry about the starters, 3/5 were out this week vs the Saints. You're not gonna be doing so well ever in the NFL if you have 3 starters out, unless you have some seriously good depth. Even without their stud DE in, the Saints have a good front/defense.
(08-25-2021, 08:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 08:42 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's the pessimism coming from the first couple of preseason games but I'm not going to be surprised if Robinson has a bit of a sophomore slump, something like 700-800 yards and 6 or 7 TDs.

There's almost no way he gets that bonkers 87% carry share this year. He could be as good but overall I think his stats will dip a little. More than 700-800 total yards, but the TDs look about right.
(08-25-2021, 08:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! What a hot take!

Thank you, even though a lot disagree
I think he should be able to avg 100 and that will help Trevor a lot.
(08-25-2021, 05:23 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]I think he should be able to avg 100 and that will help Trevor a lot.

so you think he's a 1700 yard rusher?
That's some powerful kool aid you got brewed!
(08-26-2021, 08:25 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 05:23 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]I think he should be able to avg 100 and that will help Trevor a lot.

so you think he's a 1700 yard rusher?
That's some powerful kool aid you got brewed!

I'm gonna say 1200
(08-25-2021, 02:02 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

There's almost no way he gets that bonkers 87% carry share this year. He could be as good but overall I think his stats will dip a little. More than 700-800 total yards, but the TDs look about right.

Yeah, but what did he have last year, like 237 carries?  He wasn't exactly over-worked.  If the team isn't behind by double-digits by halftime every game, he could have more carries to go along with that lower percentage.
Pages: 1 2