Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pete Prisco: "This offense is very slow"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But but but Schenault is more explosive than Tyrek Hill according to the expert JagFanatic24
It is pretty bizarre that Urban preached speed speed speed all offseason yet our additions were a first round RB and then slow Marvin Jones, slower Treadwell, and multi team bust Tavon Austin. Very poor attempts to improve the offenses speed when we could have gotten guys like Samuel and Jonnu in FA and easily either Moore in the draft.
Makes you wonder if the free agent wallet was skinny. Something feels continually wrong with this franchise. I am suppose to give the benefit of the doubt but why does it feel like we squandered picking first in the last draft?

I will give them all the benefit of the doubt but it is hard. I felt meh outside of Lawrwnce.
(08-24-2021, 07:58 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Makes you wonder if the free agent wallet was skinny.

Dilla said they simply set their values for each player before FA and didn't budge. They had 6 priority FA on their list, Jonnu and Samuel were on that list, but they missed them all.
(08-24-2021, 08:04 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2021, 07:58 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Makes you wonder if the free agent wallet was skinny.

Dilla said they simply set their values for each player before FA and didn't budge. They had 6 priority FA on their list, Jonnu and Samuel were on that list, but they missed them all.

The reality is after Dave Caldwell and Tom Coughlin ran through town fining and barking players out of town, we are going to have to do more with less. We absolutely need to hit slam dunk picks in the draft, because top free agents probably do not want to be here.
(08-24-2021, 08:45 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2021, 08:04 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Dilla said they simply set their values for each player before FA and didn't budge. They had 6 priority FA on their list, Jonnu and Samuel were on that list, but they missed them all.

The reality is after Dave Caldwell and Tom Coughlin ran through town fining and barking players out of town, we are going to have to do more with less. We absolutely need to hit slam dunk picks in the draft, because top free agents probably do not want to be here.

Which is why bap drafting is so critical. The team has to stop taking lesser players and leaving the good ones for our opponents.
(08-24-2021, 08:45 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]The reality is after Dave Caldwell and Tom Coughlin ran through town fining and barking players out of town, we are going to have to do more with less. We absolutely need to hit slam dunk picks in the draft, because top free agents probably do not want to be here.

That probably is true for some players. It was never proven, but I think it's fair to think we were the team that Johnson III said offered the most money he just simply didn't want to play for them.

I think it might also be fair to think that we were the team that Jonnu said he thought he was going to sign with until he said the Pats made him feel like he was their #1 priority. We know that we had serious interest in Jonnu, but we also know that we spent a lot of time on day 1 schmoozing our new special teams aces Agnew and Ford. If Urban would have played his cards right we very well may have added a matchup breaking TE we need so desperately.
(08-24-2021, 07:58 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Makes you wonder if the free agent wallet was skinny. Something feels continually wrong with this franchise. I am suppose to give the benefit of the doubt but why does it feel like we squandered picking first in the last draft?

I will give them all the benefit of the doubt but it is hard. I felt meh outside of Lawrwnce.

The problem is the owner is a confounding mix of loyal to a fault and easily distracted by shiny.

I think of it like a Lotto winner who buys a Lambo, but has never even driven. Sure they can afford the fancy thing, but are they going to not only enjoy it, but know what to do with it once it's theirs? How long before it ends up in a ditch?