Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should we let CJ beathard run the ones this week??..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think so i mean lawrence and minshew when given the chance looked horrible.. minshew was supposed to be the mentor looks like a average joe qb.. lawrence being a rookie has struggled where as beathard lights it up.. i think meyer is thinking about this will he do so remains to be seen but what the hey why not give it a try right..
(08-28-2021, 07:35 AM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]I think so i mean lawrence and minshew when given the chance looked horrible.. minshew was supposed to be the mentor looks like a average joe qb.. lawrence being a rookie has struggled where as beathard lights it up.. i think meyer is thinking about this will he do so remains to be seen but what the hey why not give it a try right..

Yeah, this one really needed its own thread. Thanks for sharing.
sigh
If 4 of our lineman are out I wouldn't even play our starters
(08-28-2021, 08:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]If 4 of our lineman are out I wouldn't even play our starters
Which may happen because of injuries before week 1 i agree.. on the other hand i would still start beathard even with the 2's because he looks that much more fluid and in control than the other 2 qb.. I still think Lawrence needs time.. u can clearly see it he holds the ball 2 long 2 out of the 3 sacks the 1st 2 games of preaseason he held the ball to long and payed for it both times.. Plus with this crappy oline i wouldnt start any of our 4 qb at all i would sign a guy on the street lol before hurting those guys..
(08-28-2021, 07:35 AM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]I think so i mean lawrence and minshew when given the chance looked horrible.. minshew was supposed to be the mentor looks like a average joe qb.. lawrence being a rookie has struggled where as beathard lights it up.. i think meyer is thinking about this will he do so remains to be seen but what the hey why not give it a try right..

I think they should sign Brunell. He's not THAT old and plus he has a ton of experience and could do better than Breathhard, Miracle Minshew and Timmah combined. But he probably doesn't want to mess up his coaching gig so it's not gonna happen.
Personally i think next years draft should solely on oline specifically cuz were that bad..
We had lots of QB experience and durability with Tebow and we let him go. He could have held things down behind center until we drafted a whole new Oline next year and not risked injury to Beathard.
Midas Whale just forfeit I guess!
No. Beathard should get all the 2nd team reps though.
(08-28-2021, 08:41 AM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]Personally i think next years draft should solely on oline specifically cuz were that bad..

Need to draft at least three linemen and overpay a solid vet in free agency. Linder, Norwell, Cann, and Cam should walk. Do what the Chiefs are doing this season. Also, fire Warhop for persuading two head coaches to stand pat with the current starters.
(08-28-2021, 08:41 AM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]Personally i think next years draft should solely on oline specifically cuz were that bad..

That's the wrong kind of thinking. They should definitely dig hard to figure out some players that can be acquired, but the need mentality is how we got Cam and Taylor to start. Don't draft positions, draft players. Drafting positions is why the Jaguars have been [BLEEP] for years.

Maybe they went hard after offensive line help this off season but no one was willing to come here, who knows, but they need to do their best to figure out who is worth taking and where they're worth taking in next year's draft. Just don't pass up better players for the sake of drafting the next Cam or Taylor because they play the position you have a need at.
Yes, because Mnshew is on his way to the Eagles
With 3 and prolly 4 starting Oline out I think Trevor should get at most 2 series, if any ( with a lean towards none). Especially if Dallas uses any of it's starters on defense. Beathard should get a chance to play some snaps with whatever starters Urban is willing to play Sunday. We just cannot risk anymore starters going down, particluarly the QB.
Ummm no.
CJ needs to stick with the JV team..
Well the backup QB "controversy" is now a moot point.
I was actually leaning this way after week 2's game in my initial reaction, but chose to at least look at the tape/let a cooler head prevail. ALMOST posted in the "Who is our 2nd string QB" thread that it should be Lawrence, but didn't. The guy is the 1st overall pick, he sinks or swims as starter right now imo. In all fairness, the offense sucks around him. Chark wasn't there, 3/5 linemen out, and they were facing a great defense (Even if Cam Jordan didn't play). He is the man from now on.
(08-28-2021, 07:52 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, this one really needed its own thread. Thanks for sharing.

I rarely agree with you, but we're eye to eye here. AND you even made me laugh!
(08-28-2021, 09:43 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]

Need to draft at least three linemen and overpay a solid vet in free agency. Linder, Norwell, Cann, and Cam should walk. Do what the Chiefs are doing this season. Also, fire Warhop for persuading two head coaches to stand pat with the current starters.

We should have done that this year.
Pages: 1 2