Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone on this list that could help us?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wouldn't mind kicking the tires with Vernon.   Bell is a shell of his former self but good backup.  Again depends on the money and if they want to play for us.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-f...en-market/
(09-03-2021, 09:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mind kicking the tires with Vernon.   Bell is a shell of his former self but good backup.  Again depends on the money and if they want to play for us.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-f...en-market/

I don't see anyone on that list that would be an upgrade.  They've all reached the end of the road.
Vernon maybe. What if Allen or Chaisson goes down?
Not on the list but Duke Johnson interests me.
It would depend upon salary and he would obviously need to want to play here, but if it were me, I would contact Vernon.  I'm very concerned about our pass rush.  Vernon has a huge upside.  It's a gamble, but 1-15 teams need to take some risks if they want a quick turn-around.
I'd sign Mitchell Schwartz and PUP/IR him. If he recovers he's instantly the starter at RT, if he doesn't it's just some money.
Not in my opinion. If the team was interested in either one of these guys, they'd be on our team already. No Thank You BUT.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Vernon would interest me, but Achilles tears are iffy. I remember when Reggie Heyward tore his and was never the same.
(09-04-2021, 03:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I'd sign Mitchell Schwartz and PUP/IR him. If he recovers he's instantly the starter at RT, if he doesn't it's just some money.

I like this move.  We've got the money and I think we'll be looking for more O-line before the season is over.
Ditto.
Would be thrilled if we could find a way to trade for an olinemen or pass rusher but seems unlikely.
That list reads like a who’s who of past greatness. Time is cruel.

Depending upon the rehab progress of Schwartz, it never hurts to have a big body in reserve.
We should sign Frank Gore. We owe him a solid after helping the Jets win last year.