Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Abortion banned in Texas, at least for now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What do we all think of this non-decision by the supreme Court of the United States?
The government should have no say in the decision women make regarding this subject. That's all I have to say about it.
Banned after six weeks, not a complete ban. It’s ridiculous cuz most women don’t even realize they're pregnant at that point.
At least it leaves open the option for the morning after pill. I think abortion is barbaric, and I would happily make the concession of providing birth control at the expense of the taxpayers.
(09-04-2021, 06:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]The government should have no say in the decision women make regarding this subject. That's all I have to say about it.

All this is going to do is cause women to go to another state to get an abortion. That or you will start seeing a lot of back alley abortions.
(09-04-2021, 06:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]The government should have no say in the decision women make regarding this subject. That's all I have to say about it.

"Your body, your choice."

And also, "Your baby, your problem."

Men should have at least some say in ending an unwanted pregnancy rather than simply having their entire lives chained to some woman's deeply personal decision.
The morning after pill is contraception, not abortion.
I have no issue at all with contraception. The egg and sperm haven't met yet, fine.
I think abortion is sometimes necessary.
But getting one just because you want one is heinous.

(09-04-2021, 08:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]At least it leaves open the option for the morning after pill. I think abortion is  barbaric, and I would happily make the concession of providing birth control at the expense of the taxpayers.

Me too.
(09-04-2021, 09:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The morning after pill is contraception, not abortion.
I have no issue at all with contraception.  The egg and sperm haven't met yet, fine. 
I think abortion is sometimes necessary.
But getting one just because you want one is heinous.

(09-04-2021, 08:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]At least it leaves open the option for the morning after pill. I think abortion is  barbaric, and I would happily make the concession of providing birth control at the expense of the taxpayers.

Me too.

So getting one because you are unexpectedly pregnant, have weighed up all of the decisions and realise that you shouldnt be bringing a child into the world....and then....agreeing to spread your legs, have a device open up your cervix and have a foetus sucked out....

and you think that's heinous?
(09-04-2021, 09:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Men should have at least some say in ending an unwanted pregnancy rather than simply having their entire lives chained to some woman's deeply personal decision.

The issue is men don't have to carry the baby for 9 months and they don't have to take the risks of having the baby. Don't get me wrong, I would be devastated if a woman got an abortion when I wanted to keep the baby but in the end, I don't have to carry it in my body for 9 months.
I will say this, I personally do not agree with abortion. At all. But the government should not have any say in this decision. Ever.

That's all I have to say about it.
(09-04-2021, 10:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I will say this, I personally do not agree with abortion. At all. But the government should not have any say in this decision. Ever.

Correct. I will always be pro choice. I don't care what that choice is. Your body, your choice.
Bette Midler BLASTS the Republican Party and suggests that women should 'refuse to have sex with men' in protest of Texas' recently-passed abortion bill

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...yxILKwelpU
(09-04-2021, 10:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Bette Midler BLASTS the Republican Party and suggests that women should 'refuse to have sex with men' in protest of Texas' recently-passed abortion bill

Bette Midler is the Rosie O'Donnell of Whoopie Goldbergs..

Nasty and vile..
(09-04-2021, 10:22 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2021, 10:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I will say this, I personally do not agree with abortion. At all. But the government should not have any say in this decision. Ever.

Correct. I will always be pro choice. I don't care what that choice is. Your body, your choice.

And white folks shouldn't have any say about BLM. That's a dumb argument. 

We institutionalize people all the time for self-harm, so the mantra of my body, my choice isn't even used when people are literally only harming their own bodies. If that thing in her womb is a person, it's not her body. I get tired of political arguments being reduced to one liners. It's for simpletons, and people eat that [BLEEP] up.
(09-04-2021, 09:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

I have no problem with that, but if the woman wants an abortion and the man doesn't, he should have to accept FULL custody and financial responsibility for the rest of the child's life.

That's a fair take.
(09-04-2021, 11:41 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2021, 10:22 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Correct. I will always be pro choice. I don't care what that choice is. Your body, your choice.

And white folks shouldn't have any say about BLM. That's a dumb argument. 

We institutionalize people all the time for self-harm, so the mantra of my body, my choice isn't even used when people are literally only harming their own bodies. If that thing in her womb is a person, it's not her body. I get tired of political arguments being reduced to one liners. It's for simpletons, and people eat that [BLEEP] up.

The government should have no say in how you live your life. My personal stance, I am not for abortion unless the baby will suffer after being born due to a both defect or the pregnancy will kill the mother. But my political stance will always be pro choice. No matter the subject.
(09-04-2021, 10:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Bette Midler BLASTS the Republican Party and suggests that women should 'refuse to have sex with men' in protest of Texas' recently-passed abortion bill

Bette Midler choosing to not have sex will be huge relief to men and women everywhere.
(09-04-2021, 10:04 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2021, 09:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]"Your body, your choice."

The issue is men don't have to carry the baby for 9 months and they don't have to take the risks of having the baby. Don't get me wrong, I would be devastated if a woman got an abortion when I wanted to keep the baby but in the end, I don't have to carry it in my body for 9 months.

I understand that, my point is that if he doesnt want the baby and she does then he should be free of the future responsibilities. Call it Non-Birthing Parent Abdication or something. If she gets the choice to eliminate the problem regardless of his input then he should have the same option.
(09-05-2021, 07:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2021, 10:04 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is men don't have to carry the baby for 9 months and they don't have to take the risks of having the baby. Don't get me wrong, I would be devastated if a woman got an abortion when I wanted to keep the baby but in the end, I don't have to carry it in my body for 9 months.

I understand that, my point is that if he doesnt want the baby and she does then he should be free of the future responsibilities. Call it Non-Birthing Parent Abdication or something. If she gets the choice to eliminate the problem regardless of his input then he should have the same option.

If we give unmarried men that kind of option, almost all of them will take it. People underestimate how big a role child support payments play in overall child welfare. Point being, if you do this, you're going to have a lot more destitute children, or we're going to have to increase spending on government payments to mothers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5