Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Taliban flag is painted at the entrance to the former US embassy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PICTURED: Taliban flag is painted at the entrance to the former US embassy in Kabul as the militant group consolidates its hold over the country
  • The flag is believed to have been painted in the past few days
  • The embassy had been abandoned by US diplomats since the August 15 when the city fell to the militants 
  • Operations at the embassy have since been moved to Doha, Qatar and are largely focused on processing immigrant visas 
  • The development comes as the Taliban consolidated its hold over the country announcing on Monday that it had crushed the last pockets of resistance
  • Debate was also ongoing regarding whether a hostage crises was developing at Mazar-i-Sharif airport, where the Taliban were blocking charter flights 
  • There, reports have emerged that  the Taliban were stopping dozens of Americans from fleeing the country

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...tb7J3xed3I
Trump negotiated the US Exit Agreement with the Taliban so obviously he recognized the Taliban as the head organization of the Afghan Gov. Worst deal in US history.
(09-07-2021, 08:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Trump negotiated the US Exit Agreement with the Taliban so obviously he recognized the Taliban as the head organization of the Afghan Gov.    Worst deal in US history.

Do you ever post anything non-troolish? This exit is all on your boy.
(09-07-2021, 08:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Trump negotiated the US Exit Agreement with the Taliban so obviously he recognized the Taliban as the head organization of the Afghan Gov.    Worst deal in US history.

Is this the narrative being pushed by the left wing hate sites now?
(09-07-2021, 08:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this the narrative being pushed by the left wing hate sites now?

The narrative that Biden somehow followed Trumps plan to a T here,, yet reversed EVERY other one of his policies allows these loons to sleep at night.

HURRICANE isn't really one of these people though.
Who negotiated the Agreement with the Taliban?
(09-07-2021, 08:53 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Who negotiated the Agreement with the Taliban?

It was conditions based. Do some reading while on PTO.
(09-07-2021, 08:53 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Who negotiated the Agreement with the Taliban?

Who was actually in charge of pulling out of Afghanistan? Hint: it wasn’t Trump.
I think we should pull our money together and buy Hurricane a first class one way trip to Afghanistan..
(09-07-2021, 11:40 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should pull our money together and buy Hurricane a first class one way trip to Afghanistan..

Now that's a new one.  Where did you come up with that "one way ticket" concept?   I haven't heard something that clever since I was in 4th grade.

..... Pompeo negotiating with the Taliban .... uh, perhaps he didn't hear about 911 ...... SMH !!
(09-07-2021, 08:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

It was conditions based. Do some reading while on PTO.

Of course the Taliban is going to follow a conditional based agreement.  Our history shows they are a trust-worthy organization. Why shouldn't we trust the organization that bombed the [BLEEP] out of NYC?  They seem to be quite nice now.
(09-07-2021, 12:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2021, 11:40 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should pull our money together and buy Hurricane a first class one way trip to Afghanistan..

Now that's a new one.  Where did you come up with that "one way ticket" concept?   I haven't heard something that clever since I was in 4th grade.

..... Pompeo negotiating with the Taliban .... uh, perhaps he didn't hear about 911 ...... SMH !!

New one, old one.. doesn't matter..

Just realize that I wasn't joking..
(09-07-2021, 01:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2021, 12:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Now that's a new one.  Where did you come up with that "one way ticket" concept?   I haven't heard something that clever since I was in 4th grade.

New one, old one.. doesn't matter..

Just realize that I wasn't joking..

I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming it was a joke.  No one is that ignorant to think they can just obtain an Afghan travel visa and buy a 1-way flight to Afghanistan for a fellow US citizen.
The Taliban didn't bomb the World Trade Center. Al Qaeda did. Al Qaeda sought refuge in Taliban controlled Afghanistan. Not that it matters since you're just a troll.

For the record, the Taliban followed the cease fire agreement right up until they realized Biden was a pushover. We didn't have a single death in Afghanistan after the peace treaty was signed. I don't think that's because they are trustworthy. It's because they feared retaliation. They no longer fear retaliation. That's not on Trump.
(09-07-2021, 02:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]The Taliban didn't bomb the World Trade Center. Al Qaeda did. Al Qaeda sought refuge in Taliban controlled Afghanistan. Not that it matters since you're just a troll.

For the record, the Taliban followed the cease fire agreement right up until they realized Biden was a pushover. We didn't have a single death in Afghanistan after the peace treaty was signed. I don't think that's because they are trustworthy. It's because they feared retaliation. They no longer fear retaliation. That's not on Trump.

For what it's worth.

Taliban = Al Qaeda = ISIS.
(09-07-2021, 03:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2021, 02:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]The Taliban didn't bomb the World Trade Center. Al Qaeda did. Al Qaeda sought refuge in Taliban controlled Afghanistan. Not that it matters since you're just a troll.

For what it's worth.

Other than all of them being terrorist organizations (which is maybe what you meant), not really.  The Taliban and Al Qaeda get along, but they are pretty much in conflict with ISIS.
(09-07-2021, 03:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

For what it's worth.

That's not accurate.
Yeah, those organizations are not the same other than they are all terrorist organizations. They don't even get along unless it's an "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. There are factions within those groups. ISIS-K is an offshoot of ISIS. Some factions within al Qaeda have different ideas of what the group as a whole is about even though their "bigger picture" is death to the West.

It's just like any other group. Christianity has so many denominations it's hard to count and though they all have the same overall belief they go about it all in very different ways. Same with Islam. Same with alt-left and alt-right groups. Same within the political parties. Not all democrats are progressives and not all conservatives are religious.
(09-07-2021, 04:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2021, 03:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]For what it's worth.

That's not accurate.

That is in fact accurate.  Members that have been caught have been linked to each group at one point or another.  It's just a matter of which group name happens to be in power at the time.  The whole "Taliban doesn't get along with Al Qaeda or gets along with them" etc. thing is not accurate at all.

The leaders of each group might differ in some way (it's all about power), but the ideology is the same.  The "rank and file" members will move from one group to another depending on who has the power.

The one country that you don't see in the news a lot is Pakistan.  There is a [BLEEP] load of bad actors that come from there.  The thing that baffles me so much is the fact that at work we are supposed to be hosting Pakistani "Air Force" for training in planes that were blown up and they don't even have anymore this month.
That's such a simplistic understanding of the situation. The Taliban really only concerns itself with Afghanistan. They are a bunch of Sunni Muslims that want to establish sharia law in their own country. Are their some of them that also join groups like al-Qaeda? Sure. But their goals are different. They are backwards and brutal, and I have no doubts that they want to see the US fall, but they are functionally different from al-Qaeda. The Taliban didn't attack the world trade center. They did allow a predominantly Saudi Arabian terrorist group to take refuge there because they share similar values.
Pages: 1 2