Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 4 of the Prisoners Obama Exchanged for Bowe Bergdahl Named Taliban Government roles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 of the Prisoners Obama Exchanged for Bowe Bergdahl Were Just Named to Senior Taliban Government Roles

A 2014 prisoner swap engineered by then-President Barack Obama has paid stunning dividends for the Taliban now that four of the five terrorists exchanged for former Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will occupy top jobs in the new government of Afghanistan.

https://www.westernjournal.com/4-prisone...0NPk0sSO2M
Who didn't see this coming? I was calling for Obama to be brought up on treason charges when this happened. Not only did he negotiate with terrorists, but he exchanged 5 terrorists to get back one U.S. citizen. Not only did he directly put U.S. citizens in danger by releasing terrorists back into the world, but he also displayed just how much he sucked at negotiating. I'm surprised he didn't give them a nuke as well.
(09-08-2021, 07:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Who didn't see this coming? I was calling for Obama to be brought up on treason charges when this happened. Not only did he negotiate with terrorists, but he exchanged 5 terrorists to get back one U.S. citizen. Not only did he directly put U.S. citizens in danger by releasing terrorists back into the world, but he also displayed just how much he sucked at negotiating. I'm surprised he didn't give them a nuke as well.

I think that perspective is naive.
The Israelis have a lot more experience hunting terrorists than we do and when one of their army gets captured, they *wish* they could get him or her back for just five bad guys.  Usually the ratio they get is more like 100:1.
Look at it on the bright side - we are saying our people are more valuable than their people, and they're agreeing with us!
Haha. You never cease to make me laugh, Mike. That last line is so funny. I wish you knew when you were making jokes.
Bowe Bergdahl didn't deserve to come back to this country.