Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Booze Limits?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When did boozing start giving you Covid? Tower block residents fume as health officials and cops confiscate their beers and smokes - only allowing them to have one six pack a day
  • Residents in locked down sites having alcohol rationed and packages checked 
  • NSW Health have imposed booze restrictions on 'controlled buildings' 
  • Common Ground in Camperdown went into hard lockdown at end of August
  • Residents say they've had alcohol confiscated and packages opened by officials

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...zjQaYNPmUE
(09-09-2021, 09:54 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]When did boozing start giving you Covid? Tower block residents fume as health officials and cops confiscate their beers and smokes - only allowing them to have one six pack a day
  • Residents in locked down sites having alcohol rationed and packages checked 
  • NSW Health have imposed booze restrictions on 'controlled buildings' 
  • Common Ground in Camperdown went into hard lockdown at end of August
  • Residents say they've had alcohol confiscated and packages opened by officials

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...zjQaYNPmUE

When you give up freedoms, the government gets greedy and takes even more.
See what happens when you give up your guns?
Australia has been implementing re-education policies since the gun ban. There’s a definite demarcation in social and political views at about the age of 35-years-old. Those in the younger age group seem to have little issue with government mandates and controls. They see it in their best interest. There are exceptions, of course, but overall that was my impression talking to people and what I saw in their media while there.

Now that they’ve been faced with a crisis, perhaps this will give some of the younger people a little cautionary perspective on trusting government entirely. ALL people in elective offices are there for one primary reason - they crave authority. Hopefully they’re learning a lesson from this.
We need to learn the same lesson. We are having the same problem with indoctrination of our youth.
(09-09-2021, 09:54 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]When did boozing start giving you Covid? Tower block residents fume as health officials and cops confiscate their beers and smokes - only allowing them to have one six pack a day

If you ignore the incorrect leading statement of the article about boozing giving you Covid, you will see that the Health Admin is simply taking measures to limit drinking while people are undergoing lockdown measures. They are not stating alcohol causes Covid - duh !!!     It's a noted fact that people drink more while being cooped up under covid lockdowns.  The US took similar measures when states closed down liquor stores and/or limited the store hours in which people could buy alcohol.  I recall being up in Pittsburgh during a time in which PA shut down liquor sales so people had to drive to West Virginia to buy liquor.  WV then enacted a requirement to show state ID as they initiated a regulation to prevent sales to out-of-state residents.
(09-09-2021, 11:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

If you ignore the incorrect leading statement of the article about boozing giving you Covid, you will see that the Health Admin is simply taking measures to limit drinking while people are undergoing lockdown measures. They are not stating alcohol causes Covid - duh !!!     It's a noted fact that people drink more while being cooped up under covid lockdowns.  The US took similar measures when states closed down liquor stores and/or limited the store hours in which people could buy alcohol.  I recall being up in Pittsburgh during a time in which PA shut down liquor sales so people had to drive to West Virginia to buy liquor.  WV then enacted a requirement to show state ID as they initiated a regulation to prevent sales to out-of-state residents.

Just going to create a covid black market.
(09-09-2021, 11:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

And you are missing the point that government is dictating behaviors.  

As I observe more and more of Australia’s actions it seems to me that Australia is a testing ground for what the DNC wants to implement.
(09-09-2021, 11:54 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2021, 11:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]If you ignore the incorrect leading statement of the article about boozing giving you Covid, you will see that the Health Admin is simply taking measures to limit drinking while people are undergoing lockdown measures. They are not stating alcohol causes Covid - duh !!!     It's a noted fact that people drink more while being cooped up under covid lockdowns.  The US took similar measures when states closed down liquor stores and/or limited the store hours in which people could buy alcohol.  I recall being up in Pittsburgh during a time in which PA shut down liquor sales so people had to drive to West Virginia to buy liquor.  WV then enacted a requirement to show state ID as they initiated a regulation to prevent sales to out-of-state residents.

And you are missing the point that government is dictating behaviors.  

As I observe more and more of Australia’s actions it seems to me that Australia is a testing ground for what the DNC wants to implement.

How am I missing the point?  I actually correlated Australia's actions (restrictions) to similar actions taken in the US by certain States.

Also, as I also noted, nowhere should it be construed that boozing gives you covid as stated in Drifter's initial post.
Thank the Gods that Liquor Stores were deemed essential here in Maryland during the lock down....... I don't know how I would have survived..........
(09-09-2021, 01:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Thank the Gods that Liquor Stores were deemed essential here in Maryland during the lock down....... I don't know how I would have survived..........

I hear ya.   Prior to heading up to PA, I stopped at our ABC store here in FL and picked up a bottle of Vodka and Rum to smuggle into PA --- I should have loaded the SUV and sold it on the black market up there .... lol.  Gov Wolfe and and the extremely hot Rachel Levin are a bit extreme up there.
My Daughter lives in Waynesboro PA. She was complaining to me that she couldn't get any booze up there during the lock down. Fortunately, Hagerstown MD is only a short hop from there so..... She just drove in to MD and stocked up during the lock down..... i RAISED A SMART KID!
Looks like Australians who arrived as a part of a penal colony had more freedoms.
(09-09-2021, 01:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2021, 11:54 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]And you are missing the point that government is dictating behaviors.  

How am I missing the point?  I actually correlated Australia's actions (restrictions) to similar actions taken in the US by certain States.

Also, as I also noted, nowhere should it be construed that boozing gives you covid as stated in Drifter's initial post.

Government is dictating behavior.

You even said so yourself. 

Quote:...the Health Admin is simply taking measures to limit drinking while people are undergoing lockdown measures.

It's a noted fact that people drink more while being cooped up under covid lockdowns.

It's not up to the government to dictate how much people can or cannot drink in their homes.
(09-09-2021, 06:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2021, 01:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]How am I missing the point?  I actually correlated Australia's actions (restrictions) to similar actions taken in the US by certain States.

Government is dictating behavior.

You even said so yourself. 

Quote:...the Health Admin is simply taking measures to limit drinking while people are undergoing lockdown measures.

It's a noted fact that people drink more while being cooped up under covid lockdowns.

It's not up to the government to dictate how much people can or cannot drink in their homes.

It is in most countries around the world.
It's been that way through most of history. People are dumb to relinquish our freedoms.