Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Statline vs. Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The stat line only ever tells part of the story, but this one screams.  Take a look.

51 pass attempts, 6.5 yd/att.  
15 rush attempts, 5.2 yd/att
1 sack.

Below league average for yards per pass attempt.
Above league average for yards per rush attempt.

Yet there were more than 3 pass plays called for every 1 running play. And this was the pattern before they were down.

Need to run more next game.  Run until the D is actually biting on play-action.

Am I wrong? I wonder if Meyer is smart enough to figure this one out.
Too many penalties on first down makes it tough to run.
(09-12-2021, 09:51 PM)Adub28 Wrote: [ -> ]Too many penalties on first down makes it tough to run.

Yeah, the ratio would get out of whack, but not that out of whack.
That was the first thing I was thinking early on. Our offense for the first 3 drives was like me on madden. Screens and play actions with no running! XD
We tried to run, and everytime we got a holding call now it's backed up 10.. It was ridiculous. Some of those calls were absolutely [BLEEP].. Exspecially the push on tyrod when he just ran 25 yatds.
(09-12-2021, 11:26 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]We tried to run, and everytime we got a holding call now it's backed up 10.. It was ridiculous. Some of those calls were absolutely [BLEEP]..  Exspecially the push on tyrod when he just ran 25 yatds.

Twice.
(09-12-2021, 11:26 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]We tried to run, and everytime we got a holding call now it's backed up 10.. It was ridiculous. Some of those calls were absolutely [BLEEP]..  Exspecially the push on tyrod when he just ran 25 yatds.

That explains maybe 3 or 4 extra pass plays.  Not 18 extra.  Not when the run game is having success and the pass game isn't.