Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Feds Pay Florida School District $150,000 for Defying DeSantis Mask Ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Get the Feds out of the Education business.....

Feds Pay Florida School District $150,000 for Defying DeSantis Mask Ban

The federal Department of Education announced on Thursday it had paid the school board of Alachua County nearly $150,000, in essence, for defying Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ executive order barring mask mandates in schools.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/florida...kH3CZ3e-bc
This school mask issue is the one thing that could lose the 2022 election for DeSantis. The silent majority wants kids wearing masks until they are vaccinated.
Lol. There's nothing silent about democrats.
(09-24-2021, 12:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]This school mask issue is the one thing that could lose the 2022 election for DeSantis.  The silent majority wants kids wearing masks until they are vaccinated.

As usual, you couldn't be more wrong.. this is an issue that makes DeSantis a lock for the 2022 election. 

You have silent majority confused with loud minority.
Kind of an interesting way for the state to pick up a little extra cash.
School boards all over the state took polls of their parents, the parents want masks.
By a big margin.
(09-24-2021, 05:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]School boards all over the state took polls of their parents, the parents want masks.
Buy a big margin.

No they didn't,  and no they don't.
(09-24-2021, 05:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 05:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]School boards all over the state took polls of their parents, the parents want masks.
Buy a big margin.

No they didn't,  and no they don't.

How would you know? Are your kids in public school? Mine are.
(09-24-2021, 05:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 05:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]No they didn't,  and no they don't.

How would you know? Are your kids in public school? Mine are.

No, mine aren't, but my property taxes help pay for public school, therefore my opinion is as important as yours..

You are speaking for the entire state of Florida because someone asked you if you wanted your kids masked in school? Show me some of these polls you speak of. Not buying it.
(09-24-2021, 05:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 05:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]How would you know? Are your kids in public school? Mine are.

No, mine aren't, but my property taxes help pay for public school, therefore my opinion is as important as yours..

You are speaking for the entire state of Florida because someone asked you if you wanted your kids masked in school? Show me some of these polls you speak of. Not buying it.

The school board showed us the results of the poll.  It was about 10 to 1 in favor of masks.
(09-24-2021, 08:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 05:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]No, mine aren't, but my property taxes help pay for public school, therefore my opinion is as important as yours..

The school board showed us the results of the poll.  It was about 10 to 1 in favor of masks the outcome they wanted.

FTFY.
(09-24-2021, 09:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 08:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The school board showed us the results of the poll.  It was about 10 to 1 in favor of masks the outcome they wanted.

FTFY.

[Image: 22010036-7772475-image-a-47_1575903143759.jpg]
(09-24-2021, 05:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 05:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]How would you know? Are your kids in public school? Mine are.

TAxes have no corolation to his point.

He's just giving you information.  He's not trying to Sell you anything.
(09-25-2021, 12:42 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2021, 05:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]No, mine aren't, but my property taxes help pay for public school, therefore my opinion is as important as yours..

TAxes have no corolation to his point.

He is not giving accurate information. He would post a source if he were. 

There is simply no way parents in Florida want their kids masked in school at a 10 to 1 ratio.

I don't want Mike's "information" because it is never factual.
The thing is, Governor DeSantis's order left it up to the parents, not the schools or the government whether kids had to wear a muzzle mask.  It should be the parent's choice.
(09-25-2021, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2021, 12:42 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote: [ -> ]TAxes have no corolation to his point.

He is not giving accurate information. He would post a source if he were. 

There is simply no way parents in Florida want their kids masked in school at a 10 to 1 ratio.

I don't want Mike's "information" because it is never factual.

Maybe it is 10-1 the other way around, lol.