Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Week 3 Cardinals at Jags***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Rough matchup for us. Not expecting it to be particularly close but it would be nice to see some improvement from Trevor and the rest of the offense.
28-24 jags

I'm thinking Meyer and co finally get the memo and James Robinson goes off today. If that man dosen't have 20+ carries today I will start to question the coaching staff.. time to wait and see.
Assuming a loss today, what's the over under on the Jags losing streak? Do we have a shot at the all time record since the merger (26)?
(09-26-2021, 06:34 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming a loss today, what's the over under on the Jags losing streak? Do we have a shot at the all time record since the merger (26)?

If I recall correctly Boselli and Prisco were talking about it on the Monday evening radio show, and I think they came up with the Jaguars most likely week to win keeping them one loss short of tieing the record.

Of course they could very easily win on Thursday and make the talk of the record go away. Thursday night away games are very tough on teams, and the Bengals aren't exactly world beaters.
(09-26-2021, 06:57 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2021, 06:34 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming a loss today, what's the over under on the Jags losing streak? Do we have a shot at the all time record since the merger (26)?

If I recall correctly Boselli and Prisco were talking about it on the Monday evening radio show, and I think they came up with the Jaguars most likely week to win keeping them one loss short of tieing the record.

Of course they could very easily win on Thursday and make the talk of the record go away. Thursday night away games are very tough on teams, and the Bengals aren't exactly world beaters.

We're the road team Thursday night.
All we know is pain. Thankfully I’ll be in the air for this one
(09-26-2021, 07:25 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]All we know is pain. Thankfully I’ll be in the air for this one

Good for you.  I bought season tickets, so I have to go and witness the thing.
(09-26-2021, 07:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2021, 06:57 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly Boselli and Prisco were talking about it on the Monday evening radio show, and I think they came up with the Jaguars most likely week to win keeping them one loss short of tieing the record.

We're the road team Thursday night.

In that case congrats to the Bengals for their prime time win.
I expect our Jaguars to continue improving on critical levels. We're getting back players that hasn't stepped on the grid iron yet. TL16 has shown that he recognizes his issues/mistakes and has vowed that he can perform well at this level.

Our D will be key w/respect to Kyler and his run/scrambling game. If we mostly contain him then all we need to worry about is that lethal arm strength and his on the run accuracy. As always, I'm positive to say the least of which I Will Always expect a win. I am a Realist though.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(09-26-2021, 07:37 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]I expect our Jaguars to continue improving on critical levels. We're getting back players that hasn't stepped on the grid iron yet. TL16 has shown that he recognizes his issues/mistakes and has vowed that he can perform well at this level.

Our D will be key w/respect to Kyler and his run/scrambling game. If we mostly contain him then all we need to worry about is that lethal arm strength and his on the run accuracy. As always, I'm positive to say the least of which I Will Always expect a win. I am a Realist though.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Who are these players that we're getting back who will help us?
Kyler Murray is going to give our defense fits. Joe Cullen has a choice: lose or lose badly.
With our weak secondary, the offense is going to find themselves in a constant hole. Then there’s the mystery of whether it will be another Trevor Lawrence gunslinger exhibition or a consistent game-long attempt at a true balanced offense instead of just one drive. There’s also the question of Lambo’s leg/head.

There was improvement in the last game from the first. Let’s hope that trend continues. If so, we lose by 7-10 points. If not, we lose by at least 14.
(09-26-2021, 09:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Kyler Murray is going to give our defense fits. Joe Cullen has a choice: lose or lose badly.
With our weak secondary, the offense is going to find themselves in a constant hole. Then there’s the mystery of whether it will be another Trevor Lawrence gunslinger exhibition or a consistent game-long attempt at a true balanced offense instead of just one drive. There’s also the question of Lambo’s leg/head.

There was improvement in the last game from the first. Let’s hope that trend continues. If so, we lose by 7-10 points. If not, we lose by at least 14.

We can definitely say that they were much better at executing a terrible game plan last week. They looked like a D2 team instead of the middle school team we saw in Week 1. At this rate we might look like a pro squad by December.
(09-26-2021, 08:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2021, 07:37 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]I expect our Jaguars to continue improving on critical levels. We're getting back players that hasn't stepped on the grid iron yet. TL16 has shown that he recognizes his issues/mistakes and has vowed that he can perform well at this level.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Who are these players that we're getting back who will help us?

Good question - there isn't anyone on IR or that has been injured that hasn't played yet this year.  Jags are pretty healthy.  It's just lack of talent combined with new coaching staff, new schemes, rookie QB.
Just want to see progress, that’s all..
Cards already  wining 14 to 0,and game hasn't even started.
(09-26-2021, 09:11 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2021, 08:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Who are these players that we're getting back who will help us?

Good question - there isn't anyone on IR or that has been injured that hasn't played yet this year.  Jags are pretty healthy.  It's just lack of talent combined with new coaching staff, new schemes, rookie QB.

Linder hopefully will play due to his bad back, Dorsett II was elevated to the active roster (Covid19 I think) and Tufele will play his first snaps as an Jaguar. I'm not saying that they'll save the day but every little bit helps.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(09-26-2021, 11:05 AM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2021, 09:11 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Good question - there isn't anyone on IR or that has been injured that hasn't played yet this year.  Jags are pretty healthy.  It's just lack of talent combined with new coaching staff, new schemes, rookie QB.

Linder hopefully will play due to his bad back, Dorsett II was elevated to the active roster (Covid19 I think) and Tufele will play his first snaps as an Jaguar. I'm not saying that they'll save the day but every little bit helps.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Linder already played this year so he doesn't fit your statement, Dorsett was cut and he's the 7th WR at best, and there's no reason to think Tufele will be active today since no one ahead of him is injured. While Linder playing will help, I don't think the line was significantly worse without him.
CJ Henderson and Tre Herndon inactive, along with RRH and Jay Tufele. Phillip Dorsettt elevated from practice squad and will be active.
(09-26-2021, 11:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]CJ Henderson and Tre Herndon inactive, along with RRH and Jay Tufele.  Phillip Dorsettt elevated from practice squad and will be active.

Kyler gonna feast.
(09-26-2021, 11:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2021, 11:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]CJ Henderson and Tre Herndon inactive, along with RRH and Jay Tufele.  Phillip Dorsettt elevated from practice squad and will be active.

Kyler gonna feast.

Scary to think our top CB today might be Tyson Campbell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40