Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week, the Texans, down their starting QB Tyrod Taylor, started rookie Divis Mills at QB.  Considering the quality of the opponent and the short week, it came as no surprise that Houston lost.  Not knocking them…but they had a tall task ahead of them.  Meanwhile, the Tacks edged the Colts in a battle between AFC Souoth rivals.  Finally, the Jaguars put up a good fight against the Cardinals, and controlled the game for three quarters,  but turnovers doomed the Jaguars, as they droped their third straight this year, and 19th straight game overall.  Since then, the Jaguars have traded away yet another first round pick-CB CJ Henderson.  This leaves rookie CB getting his second start of his career.
Prediction wise, most of us had a good week last week.  I finished 3-0, bringing my overall record to 7-3 after 3 weeks.  Hopefully I can continue itm though I would love to be wrong at least for one game.

Jaguars (0-3) at Bengals (2-1)-In a matchup of the last two #1 overall picks, the Jaguars and Trevor Lawrence travel to Cincy on a short week to take on Joe Burrow and the Bengalsm fresh off a win over the Steelers.  The Jaguars defense has played relatively well the past couple of weeks.  However, I wonder if the defense will be betrayed by an offense that is adeot at turning the ball over and a kicking game that can’t get the ball between the uprights.  The JJaguars finally got the running game going last week, and I have to imagine they will look to continue this.  They will have to.  This is looking like the first really hostile crowd the team will face this year.  They will need to get the running game going to drain some of the energy out of the crowd, to keep Trevor Lawrence in favorable down and distance situations, and to keep the Bengals offense off the field.  The Bengals offer some receivers every bit as good as Arizona’s, though their QB is less experienced.  This will be an interesting game the Jaguars could win, bt I’m not yet convinced they will win.  Cincy wins  24-20.

Tennessee (2-1) at NY Jets (0-3)-I see no way the Jets, with rookie QB Zach Wilson, behind a battered OL, ccan hope to compete against a Tennessee team that has won two straight and has the running game going.  I can see Wilson getting sacked another five times.  Tacks 27, Jets 10.

Houston (1-2) at Buffahole (2-1)-Houston has played surprisingly well the first two weeks, but playing against a Bills team that looks like a Super bowl contender is too much to ask for a Davis Mills led Texans team.  Buffahole wins 35-13.

Indianapolis (0-3) at Miami (1-2)-two banged up teams go at it as the reeling Colts are up against the reeling Dolphins.  Despite bad showings the past couple of weeks, I think the Dolphins’ defense is capable of a big game against a banged up Colts’ offensive line and QB.  Meanwhile, the Fish counter with decent backup Jacoby Brissett, filling in for an injured Tua Tagoavila.  The winless Colts have been competitive in losses to Tennessee and the Rams.  This is a tough game to pick, but I have the Fish taking it 27-21, in large part because Nelson is banged up and may not play for the Colts this weekend.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  7-3.
8-2 overall

Bungles
Tacks
Bills
Clots
7-3 coming into this week. Last week was the easiest to predict so far.

I think if this week's Jaguars game were on Sunday we'd have a chance against the Bengals, but being it's on Thursday I'm left to wonder if the team will revert to week one's look of being completely unprepared to even play a game.

Clearly no one should be picking the Jaguars to win at this point, and I won't make an exception today. I think the Jaguars will play a better game than the score indicates, but I could see it being something like 34-24 and the Jaguars having 2+ turnovers.

This weekend tennessee will tune up for next week's thrashing of the Jaguars using the Jets. I'm thinking something like 35-14 with all of the Jets points coming when they're already down by 28 or more.

Buffalo should easily take care of the texans by 20+. Something like 31-6.

Indy is the toughest one to call. I never thought Wentz was the answer to any questions that should be asked, and now I'm just hoping the colts win enough games every year to keep them in a miserable place like the jaguars have been for the last 20 years. There are few fan bases as deserving of misery than them. Since it's at Miami I'll take them, but I'm hoping Indy pulls it out so they can get to 6 or 7 wins on the season and have bad draft position. 21-17 Miami.
6-4 overall

this week I will take. 

Bengals

Tittians

Colts

Bills
Man, the chalk-fest continues. No way to separate from the group unless you attempt to call a crazy upset. More of the same this week!
Season: 8-2 (3-0 last week)

Cincy 30 Duval 16: The good guys showed Sunday that they are finding themselves and are capable of competing against decent teams in the league. However, youth still resulted in bad mistakes late that proved insurmountable. Short week mean less rest, prep and practice. Joey B is not nearly as mobile as Kyler Murray, but Cincy's run game is better than the Cards, too. Unless Sacksonville makes a repeat performance, Burrow will take advantage of any defensive lapses.

tacks 17 NYJ 3: you could not pay me to watch this stinkeroo. JEST may have been wise to sit Wilson a bit, this baptism by fire is burning him to a crisp.

Fluffalo 30 tinhorns 20: Josh Allen toys with Culley's squad, they get a late score to make this game closer than it ever really was. Webb will be OK, but once the film piles up, teams will find ways to get him off his game.

Phins 16 Indynoplace 14 The defenses shine in this game, each getting a TD. Reich's magic doesn't seem to be working the second time around. Somebody HAS to win, right?
7-3 overall

Bengals over Jaguars
Titans over Jets
Buffalo over Texans
Colts over Dolphins
7-3 coming in

Jags
tacks
bills
colts
(09-29-2021, 11:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]7-3 coming in

Jags
tacks
bills
colts

I actually thought about taking the Jags in this one and may still change my pick before tomorrow night.  Just seems like one of those the Jags could surprise everyone and win.
Bengals
Titans
Bills
Colts

3-0 last week
6-4 overall
I am going to go with:

Bengals
Tacks
Bills
Fins

Last week:
3-0

Overall:
6-4
63 so far

Jags
Tacks
Bills
Dolfeens
Bengals 29 Jags 23
Buffalo 38 Houston 12
Miami 19 Indianapolis 17
Tennessee 34 NYJ 13

7-3 so far
(09-29-2021, 02:11 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2021, 11:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]7-3 coming in

Jags
tacks
bills
colts

I actually thought about taking the Jags in this one and may still change my pick before tomorrow night.  Just seems like one of those the Jags could surprise everyone and win.

I just figured i have precious few weeks to roll the dice on them and this is one of them
(09-29-2021, 11:10 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]7-3 overall

Bengals over Jaguars
Titans over Jets
Buffalo over Texans
Colts over Dolphins

Yeah I'm changing mine...

Jaguars over Bengals
Titans over Jets
Bills over Texans
Colts over Dolphins
Jaguars
Titans
Bills
Dolphins

1-2 last week forgot TNF so counting it as wrong.

6-4 so far.
Cincinnati
Tennessee
Buffalo
Miami
Jaguars
tacks
Bills
clots

Starting out in week 4 so overall record is 0-0.
I think TN takes a loss in NY
(10-01-2021, 07:13 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]I think TN takes a loss in NY

Well, I  just found out AJ Brown,  Julio Jones and Bud Dupree will sit out this game with injuries. 

Jets should be able to focus on stopping  Henry.  If they can, and find a way to protect Wilson...maybe...
3-0 last week, 4-6 overall.

I've already dropped one due to being late... again. So let's go with Buffalo as the lock of the week, Tacks as the solid bet, and Indy in a squeaker. Could see Brissett winning the revenge game, but that Indy D is just a little too good.
Pages: 1 2