Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Robinson 5.2 ypc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He’s ranked 9th in the NFL with 5.2 yards per carry. The bad news is he only has 31 attempts, about 10 carries a game. He’s about 23rd in the league in yards. We’ve got to feed him the rock.

Meanwhile Henry has 80 attempts and is the top ranked rusher in the league.

Edit: I just saw where Hyde is averaging 5.0 ypc on 19 carries. Oline seems to be run blocking pretty good.

Other notables: Mccaffrey is averaging 3.9 ypc on 52 carries
Fournette is at 3.8 ypc on 24 carries.
I think what's happening is that teams are looking to stop the pass with Lawrence and that helps open up the run.
(09-29-2021, 07:28 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]I think what's happening is that teams are looking to stop the pass with Lawrence and that helps open up the run.

Agreed. Bevell might be the worst OC in team history.
This could change this weekend. While the Bengals secondary has been weak, their run defense has been stout this season. They've only allowed 235 rushing yards so far and an average of 78.3 yards per game. Since adding Larry Ogunjobi and B.J. Hill at DT, along with D.J. Reader and seeing that Logan Wilson and Akeem Davis- Gaither are emerging stars at LB, they've really improved the run defense.
(09-29-2021, 07:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]This could change this weekend. While the Bengals secondary has been weak, their run defense has been stout this season. They've only allowed 235 rushing yards so far and an average of 78.3 yards per game. Since adding Larry Ogunjobi and B.J. Hill at DT, along with D.J. Reader and seeing that Logan Wilson and Akeem Davis- Gaither are emerging stars at LB, they've really improved the run defense.
I really liked Logan Wilson coming out,  was a beast at Wyoming
(09-29-2021, 07:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]This could change this weekend. While the Bengals secondary has been weak, their run defense has been stout this season. They've only allowed 235 rushing yards so far and an average of 78.3 yards per game. Since adding Larry Ogunjobi and B.J. Hill at DT, along with D.J. Reader and seeing that Logan Wilson and Akeem Davis- Gaither are emerging stars at LB, they've really improved the run defense.

It will be a good test to see if Robinson can put up around 100 yards. What does their secondary look like this year ?
(09-29-2021, 08:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
I really liked Logan Wilson coming out,  was a beast at Wyoming

Totally agree. He was my favorite LB in the 2020 draft. I thought he was a fringe 1st rounder. He struggled a little last year, but this season the guy is looking just like he did at Wyoming. The Bengals got a real steal with this guy. He's a sideline to sideline LB with a motor that doesn't quite.
He has been my favourite player ever since i started following this team properly in 2020 ( i half followed jags in 2019 ? )
(09-29-2021, 08:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

It will be a good test to see if Robinson can put up around 100 yards. What does their secondary look like this year ?

Their secondary is weak. Waynes has been injured, so he is a complete unknown. He will be making his debut in this game. Hilton has been decent, but there are lapses where he gives up big plays. The same for Chidobe Awuzie, who is doubtful for this game with a groin injury. Jessie Bates is the heart and soul of the secondary and he's out. This secondary is weak and will be playing several backups. If our O-Line can hold up in this game, we should air it out and take advantage of mismatches. I could see this possibly turning into a high scoring game. Our bad secondary against their bad secondary. This game could come down to a kick......... unfortunately, since the guy we brought in to replace Lambo this week only has a career long of 50 yards.
Currently sitting at 5.8 ypc on 67 carries.

Imagine having 1st and goal at the 5 and not giving the ball to this guy even once.
https://twitter.com/IrishJaguar/status/1...4585936896
It takes a special brand of idiot not to feed this RB consistently
(10-13-2021, 11:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a special brand of idiot not to feed this RB consistently

[Image: prkvnz6h4leqnpwflyip]
he is ranked 4th in yards, imagine how many he would have if he played the first two games. Probably would be leading henry
(10-14-2021, 12:21 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]he is ranked 4th in yards, imagine how many he would have if he played the first two games. Probably would be leading henry

And the Jags would still be 0-5 but further from winning a game.  They didn't win last year and they haven't won this year because the passing game blows chunks.  You cannot win on running alone.  TLaw must mature.
(10-13-2021, 11:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a special brand of idiot not to feed this RB consistently

He'll walk in FA after next year and go on to be an All-Pro for some other team for at least 4 years.
(10-14-2021, 12:33 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

He'll walk in FA after next year and go on to be an All-Pro for some other team for at least 4 years.

We still have him under contract next year and then 2023 he's a restricted FA.
I have what I call the "3.4 theory".  It basically states that if a running back can get 3.4 yards per carry on every single carry, the offense is unstoppable.  Think about it.  You run it 3 times at 3.4 yards, you get a first down.  You keep doing that and you score a TD every time.  If your defense can force a punt, a turnover, or even settle for a field goal on a single possession over the course of the entire game, you are the guaranteed winner.

I realize it is an over simplification.  If someone averages 3.4 yards per carry, it doesn't mean that they get it on every single carry, but it's still a philosophy to take seriously.  I hate seeing a running back getting 5.8 yards per carry and lose a game.  It's pathetic to have it and lose 5 straight games.  FEED JAMES ROBINSON THE BALL!!!!! Make the other team prove that they can hold him to 3.4 yards per carry.  This offense should be based on James Robinson and then use Trevor Lawrence to compliment him as needed.  If the other team has to stack the defense against the run, it just makes the passing game so much easier.  I don't feel this is complicated.  I don't understand why Meyer and Bevell don't understand the concept.
(10-14-2021, 12:30 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2021, 12:21 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]he is ranked 4th in yards, imagine how many he would have if he played the first two games. Probably would be leading henry

And the Jags would still be 0-5 but further from winning a game.  They didn't win last year and they haven't won this year because the passing game blows chunks.  You cannot win on running alone.  TLaw must mature.

You really are sticking to this less than insightful take, aren't you?
They don't know what they have even after 5 games. It's borderline negligent. Carlos Hyde is a decent back but he's nowhere near Robinson and I'm sure the players notice that too. Insane.
Carlos Hyde was a nothing burger last time he was here. He should not be in the rotation now. He’s the guy you put in if your good back goes down, but otherwise shouldn’t see the field.
Pages: 1 2