Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marvin Jones, Tyron Johnson and Laviska Shenault to lead WR..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i can't wait to see Tyron get more snaps his direction..
(10-06-2021, 07:43 PM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]i can't wait to see Tyron get more snaps his direction..

Don't expect a whole lot. I love him for what he is, a pure straight line runner who can beat opposing CB's with pure speed. He's not gonna impress anyone with his route running and he will drop the occasional easy pass and get hung up on certain blocks. There was a reason why he was a #3/#4 WR with the Chargers. He does give us that extra dimension of speed that we are missing with Chark out though. If he can make the occasional long reception, he'll be worth it.
I would like to see him get at least 20 snaps on Sunday.
I can't wait to see Colin Johnson get more snaps, oh wait.....
I'm hoping he can bring something good. This could be his big chance. He was stuck behind some good wrs with the chargers so who knows. Let's see what happens. I like arnold a lot. Also. These are two pick ups that could pay off. The jags are a wounded animal. Jags could be dangerous this sunday.
we need receivers who can separate. If he can do that, then we will be able to open things up a little more. I like how these three receivers' skill sets compliment one another.
(10-06-2021, 07:43 PM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]i can't wait to see Tyron get more snaps his direction..

if the snaps are heading to the sidelines we need to fire Warhop immediately. That is horrible play design.
(10-07-2021, 07:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

if the snaps are heading to the sidelines we need to fire Warhop immediately. That is horrible play design.

Laughing
Hope the OP is correct but I want to see more of Agnew on offense. He said on the radio yesterday? that he feels he still runs 4.3 forty. His sideline awareness and toe tapping on that long pass last week was truly beautiful. I think he could possibly be a fill in for Etienne's role but then again, prolly not in the run game other than sweeps and reverses. Tavon Austen needs more opportunities as well. But most of all, let's see Trevor feed Arnold a bunch.
we are so thin at WR, and gave away so many receivers that are doing well elsewhere that any contribution from anyone would be welcome at this point.
(10-07-2021, 09:44 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: [ -> ]Hope the OP is correct but I want to see more of Agnew on offense. He said on the radio yesterday? that he feels he still runs 4.3 forty. His sideline awareness and toe tapping on that long pass last week was truly beautiful.  I think he could possibly be a fill in for Etienne's role but then again, prolly not in the run game other than sweeps and reverses. Tavon Austen needs more opportunities as well. But most of all, let's see Trevor feed Arnold a bunch.
I agree Agnew needs more touches
(10-07-2021, 12:00 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 09:44 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: [ -> ]Hope the OP is correct but I want to see more of Agnew on offense. He said on the radio yesterday? that he feels he still runs 4.3 forty. His sideline awareness and toe tapping on that long pass last week was truly beautiful.  I think he could possibly be a fill in for Etienne's role but then again, prolly not in the run game other than sweeps and reverses. Tavon Austen needs more opportunities as well. But most of all, let's see Trevor feed Arnold a bunch.

Don't let Urban hear you say that...
(10-07-2021, 09:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]we are so thin at WR, and gave away so many receivers that are doing well elsewhere that any contribution from anyone would be welcome at this point.

so exactly are these so called Receivers that are doing so well elsewhere?
(10-07-2021, 01:03 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 09:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]we are so thin at WR, and gave away so many receivers that are doing well elsewhere that any contribution from anyone would be welcome at this point.

so exactly are these so called Receivers that are doing so well elsewhere?

Keelan Cole - Jets 3 for 92 yards in the Jets win over the Tacks, including a critical 54 yd catch
Collin Johnson - NYG 5 for 51 in his 1st start

after Jones and Shenalt, we've got no active WR with more than 1 reception. One!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/jax
(10-07-2021, 01:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 01:03 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]so exactly are these so called Receivers that are doing so well elsewhere?

Keelan Cole - Jets  3 for 92 yards in the Jets win over the Tacks, including a critical 54 yd catch
Collin Johnson - NYG  5 for 51 in his 1st start

after Jones and Shenalt, we've got no active WR with more than 1 reception.  One!

Keelan is 5  for 122 in 4 games
Johnson is 5 FOR 51

These are not mind blowing average at best.

oh i guess you are forgetting about Chark, Oshay and Robinson.  those 3 have a combined 27 Catches.  we run alot of 2 Te sets which means we only have 2 WRs out there. so what you expecting us to run 5 wide every play?

in comparison Chiefs only have 4 WRs with catches this year the rest are TE and RB. and only two of there WRs have more than 10 catches.

so try again.
(10-07-2021, 01:41 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 01:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Keelan Cole - Jets  3 for 92 yards in the Jets win over the Tacks, including a critical 54 yd catch
Collin Johnson - NYG  5 for 51 in his 1st start

after Jones and Shenalt, we've got no active WR with more than 1 reception.  One!

Keelan is 5  for 122 in 4 games
Johnson is 5 FOR 51

These are not mind blowing average at best.

oh i guess you are forgetting about Chark, Oshay and Robinson.  those 3 have a combined 27 Catches.  we run alot of 2 Te sets which means we only have 2 WRs out there. so what you expecting us to run 5 wide every play?

in comparison Chiefs only have 4 WRs with catches this year the rest are TE and RB. and only two of there WRs have more than 10 catches.

so try again.

I didnt forget about the RB's and TE's. the thread is about WR's. And we gave away talent that is producing on other teams while holding on to junk like Dorsett (who was eventually cut anyway). And Cole hasnt played much until the last game, as had Johnson.
and again we had 3 wrs with catches. Chark is now on IR so now we have two and the next guy up. Chark has more yards than both those guys and more TDs. so now it's Tyrone Johnson and Agnew to show why they deserve that 3rd WR spot.
(10-07-2021, 12:00 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed. I was very impressed with him against the Bengals.
It is a real concern to not get Agnew hurt. But yes, he looked super fast in that game vs cinci