Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Southwest Airlines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This company has canceled thousands of flights the past 2 days claiming weather when this is an outright lie. Employees are standing up to the tyranny of the government and boycotting. 

I love this. This is how we beat the tyrants
There are also reports that on Friday ATC out of Jax had a sick out. It shut most of FL down but again they claimed it was just short staffed, weather, and some military training.

If ATC or pilots finally stand up, it shuts everything down.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
(10-10-2021, 06:04 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]There are also reports that on Friday ATC out of Jax had a sick out. It shut most of FL down but again they claimed it was just short staffed, weather, and some military training.

If ATC or pilots finally stand up, it shuts everything down.

Good. It needs to happen. The tyrants and those who support their decisions need to feel the impact.
REPORT: The union representing pilots for American Airlines warned the company could face a staffing shortage ahead of the busy holiday travel season if it implements a stringent COVID-19 vaccine mandate. - Washington Examiner

Love this.
Time to follow Ronnie's example and fire the lot of them.
Never underestimate Joe's ability to [BLEEP] things up. - Barack Obama
On further review, this is a problem confined to Southwest so it's an internal issue. Sucks for their customers, but the big walkout all ya'll are hyping isn't happening.

(10-10-2021, 06:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]REPORT: The union representing pilots for American Airlines warned the company could face a staffing shortage ahead of the busy holiday travel season if it implements a stringent COVID-19 vaccine mandate. - Washington Examiner

Love this.

American had 2% cancellations as did Spirit compared to Southwest's 27%, no shortage there it was all weather related. The Southwest pilot's union also said they had no personnel involved in any kind of walkout.
(10-10-2021, 06:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]On further review, this is a problem confined to Southwest so it's an internal issue. Sucks for their customers, but the big walkout all ya'll are hyping isn't happening.

(10-10-2021, 06:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]REPORT: The union representing pilots for American Airlines warned the company could face a staffing shortage ahead of the busy holiday travel season if it implements a stringent COVID-19 vaccine mandate. - Washington Examiner

Love this.

American had 2% cancellations as did Spirit compared to Southwest's 27%, no shortage there it was all weather related. The Southwest pilot's union also said they had no personnel involved in any kind of walkout.

Domino effect is coming. 

I wonder if the National Guard has any ATC's that can fill in.
(10-10-2021, 07:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2021, 06:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]On further review, this is a problem confined to Southwest so it's an internal issue. Sucks for their customers, but the big walkout all ya'll are hyping isn't happening.

Domino effect is coming. 

There weren't any ATC walk outs. The other airlines had no problems getting flights out.

Love this.

AA will be starting shortly and if Southwest sticks with it, it will ignite like a wildfire. Pilots will not be around for Thanksgiving, so better not plan on flying.

(10-10-2021, 07:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2021, 07:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Domino effect is coming. 

There weren't any ATC walk outs. The other airlines had no problems getting flights out.

There were in Jax. It controls most of FL and Friday night it was shutdown. As this grows, you won't see official positions taken as it goes against union rules, there will be more and more industries shut down.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(10-10-2021, 07:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2021, 07:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Domino effect is coming. 

So SW is lying to the American people then. Can we agree on that.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/sout...rol-issues
(10-10-2021, 09:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2021, 07:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]There weren't any ATC walk outs. The other airlines had no problems getting flights out.

So SW is lying to the American people then. Can we agree on that.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/sout...rol-issues

Sure, I have no qualms with that. As I said, the ATCs were getting all the other flights out of JAX, so the problem seems to be localized to Southwest.
(10-10-2021, 09:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]

AA will be starting shortly and if Southwest sticks with it, it will ignite like a wildfire. Pilots will not be around for Thanksgiving, so better not plan on flying.

(10-10-2021, 07:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]There weren't any ATC walk outs. The other airlines had no problems getting flights out.

There were in Jax. It controls most of FL and Friday night it was shutdown. As this grows, you won't see official positions taken as it goes against union rules, there will be more and more industries shut down.

Then why were American, Delta, and Spirit flights all just fine all weekend?
This is exactly why I always travel with Amtrak
(10-10-2021, 10:14 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]This is exactly why I always travel with Amtrak

Doesn't seem much better.

https://apnews.com/article/amtrak-crash-...eb23b49cef
Listen to this man.

This is the single bravest thing I have seen in years. God bless these Pilots. The heroes we need right now ??✈️ https://t.co/ZxuRseDoAq
(10-11-2021, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Listen to this man.

This is the single bravest thing I have seen in years. God bless these Pilots. The heroes we need right now ?? https://t.co/ZxuRseDoAq
Stuff is building. Come Thanksgiving and Dec 8th, it should be a very interesting time to see all the businesses shutting down.

Remember the vaccinated curve, the higher dollar employees are one of the lowest %. If you remove your top earners, performers, who are generally the ones doing most of the work that can't be easily replaced then you are going to shut down your business. You cannot fire 20% of your employees and expect to maintain your current productivity. (That is even if you believe the #s being thrown around)

A lot of fortune 500 companies won't be able to stay there as they are already short staffed.

(10-11-2021, 11:16 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2021, 10:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Listen to this man.

This is the single bravest thing I have seen in years. God bless these Pilots. The heroes we need right now ??  https://t.co/ZxuRseDoAq
Stuff is building. Come Thanksgiving and Dec 8th, it should be a very interesting time to see all the businesses shutting down.

Remember the vaccinated curve, the higher dollar employees are one of the lowest %. If you remove your top earners, performers, who are generally the ones doing most of the work that can't be easily replaced then you are going to shut down your business. You cannot fire 20% of your employees and expect to maintain your current productivity. (That is even if you believe the #s being thrown around)

A lot of fortune 500 companies won't be able to stay there as they are already short staffed.

Yep. Could  be a bad Christmas for a lot of kids and it's literally Joe Bidens fault.

I personally don't think this thing makes it to December.  Southwest is a wakeup call for CEOs who answer to shareholders.
(10-11-2021, 11:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't think this thing makes it to December.  Southwest is a wakeup call for CEOs who answer to shareholders.

There is a interesting take on this. The CEO and board will be held liable for this and depending on actions can be held financially liable. Depends on how much they make from federal contracts, hopefully this kills large corps and federal government. Could open a lot of mid size companies with the higher earners getting fired.

Rumors are saying Biden was pissed and called all airlines CEOs and threatened them. Off the cuff report of Delta pilot dying in flight in the last week. My flight was delayed because the flight attendant didn't show up for a morning flight from Jax and she wasn't based in Jax. Plenty of shortages already and now they are going to fire people? Good luck with that.

I'm ready for my fight if needed and if I don't have to, looking to help others.

Nothing like peddling propaganda and lying about the root cause.

[Image: 20211012-085232.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4