Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You're in Government, you're suppsed to WORK and SERVE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buttigieg Hits Back at People Who Are Upset That He's on Paid Leave During a National Crisis

Being on leave during a major crisis is a good thing, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Friday.

The Department of Transportation let slip Thursday that Buttigieg, who adopted twins with his husband, Chasten, has been on paternity leave since August.

https://www.westernjournal.com/buttigieg...HQ9ZCGgU_M
How the hell does a man who did NOT give birth to a child take months of paid paternity leave when women who HAVE given birth only get six weeks?
What’s even more telling is no one noticed he was absent.
(10-16-2021, 10:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell does a man who did NOT give birth to a child take months of paid paternity leave when women who HAVE given birth only get six weeks?

Beginning October 1, 2020, paid parental leave may be granted in connection with a qualifying birth or placement (for adoption or foster care). The Federal Employee Paid Leave Act (FEPLA) makes paid parental leave available to certain categories of Federal civilian employees.  As a result, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provisions were amended in Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.) to provide up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave to covered Federal employees in connection with the birth or placement (for adoption or foster care) of a child occurring on or after October 1, 2020.

The Federal Employee Paid Leave Act, which President Donald Trump signed into law last December, gives workers access to up to 12 weeks of paid time off for the birth, adoption or placement of a new child.
I hope his stretch marks from child birth are doing well.
(10-17-2021, 01:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope his stretch marks from child birth are doing well.

and there it is.........didn't take very long either.
(10-17-2021, 02:42 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 01:59 AM)StoudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope his stretch marks from child birth are doing well.

and there it is.........didn't take very long either.

If you think a cabinet member should be taking paternity leave while his domain is falling apart, shelves are empty,  ships are sitting out in the ocean, then it is apparent you have never held down a real job before, and if you have, your coworkers hate you.

The guy is a total dud with less than zero qualifications to do the job he holds. He was an awful mayor who was picked for a cabinet position only because he was gay.

Enjoy your empty shelves and record high inflation.
(10-16-2021, 10:50 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2021, 10:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell does a man who did NOT give birth to a child take months of paid paternity leave when women who HAVE given birth only get six weeks?

Beginning October 1, 2020, paid parental leave may be granted in connection with a qualifying birth or placement (for adoption or foster care). The Federal Employee Paid Leave Act (FEPLA) makes paid parental leave available to certain categories of Federal civilian employees.  As a result, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provisions were amended in Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.) to provide up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave to covered Federal employees in connection with the birth or placement (for adoption or foster care) of a child occurring on or after October 1, 2020.

The Federal Employee Paid Leave Act, which President Donald Trump signed into law last December, gives workers access to up to 12 weeks of paid time off for the birth, adoption or placement of a new child.

While I really do appreciate that, especially for adoptive parents, it says up to 12 weeks and with things going sideways the way they are, the man needs to get back to work. He's had plenty of time to get his new family settled. People do it all the time in six weeks.
I managed to have 2 children in 2012 and 2013 without taking paternity leave and am still amazed they were able to survive with only my wife having maternity leave. PTO should be used if necessary for men.
(10-16-2021, 10:50 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]

You can always count on the Federal Government to give the Federal Government more personal benefits at the expense of the taxpayers.
(10-17-2021, 08:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2021, 10:50 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Beginning October 1, 2020, paid parental leave may be granted in connection with a qualifying birth or placement (for adoption or foster care). The Federal Employee Paid Leave Act (FEPLA) makes paid parental leave available to certain categories of Federal civilian employees.  As a result, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provisions were amended in Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.) to provide up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave to covered Federal employees in connection with the birth or placement (for adoption or foster care) of a child occurring on or after October 1, 2020.

While I really do appreciate that, especially for adoptive parents, it says up to 12 weeks and with things going sideways the way they are, the man needs to get back to work. He's had plenty of time to get his new family settled. People do it all the time in six weeks.
I'm sure he is using it because it is there or they don't want him working. You can't blame him for using it as that's what government workers do but you would think he would work from home to make some calls and get things moving.

I think that he probably has been sent home or was actually working but not to help. The backup is all because of regulations on the trucks that can pickup the containers. Working 24/7 now isn't going to help, the port didn't close before, and now it is making it worse because they can't get the right containers to the right trucks.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk