Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kicker Wright!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He made a name for himself today! He also makes the Lambo situation feel much better. Dude kicked out of his mind today. 

Are you kidding me??? Game tying FG AND the GAME WINNING FG. Dude is a legend 

Props to Meyer for going for the quick slant to set it all up. It caught everybody off guard.
Lambo to be cut on Monday. It was great while it lasted, but there is a new era in kicking for the Jags.
(10-17-2021, 01:12 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Lambo to be cut on Monday.  It was great while it lasted, but there is a new era in kicking for the Jags.

Lambo is gone but Wright isn’t the answer. He’s not strong enough and his accuracy is questionable. The kick for tie was luck. He may last the year, but he won’t be around next season.
Ideally I want a kicker who can comfortably kick the ball from 55 yards. If there was any wind, he'd be short.

But I guess he'll do for the year.
(10-17-2021, 01:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 01:12 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]Lambo to be cut on Monday.  It was great while it lasted, but there is a new era in kicking for the Jags.

Lambo is gone but Wright isn’t the answer. He’s not strong enough and his accuracy is questionable. The kick for tie was luck. He may last the year, but he won’t be around next season.
He still has 11 games to prove if he's a the guy or not.
I guess we got Wright at kicker
(10-17-2021, 01:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 01:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Lambo is gone but Wright isn’t the answer. He’s not strong enough and his accuracy is questionable. The kick for tie was luck. He may last the year, but he won’t be around next season.
He still has 11 games to prove if he's a the guy or not.

Can kickers increase leg strength at this level? I honestly don't know.
(10-17-2021, 01:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 01:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He still has 11 games to prove if he's a the guy or not.

look at how scrawny this kid is. Look at Josh Scobee's rookie year to his later career; yes strength and conditioning programs will even improve things for kickers if there's room to grow.

I dont care particularly about pure range, I just don't want to hold my breath every kick
(10-17-2021, 01:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 01:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He still has 11 games to prove if he's a the guy or not.

Actually I'm with you on this. He got 2 long field goals today, not by much though. One of them was pretty lucky. I don't think we'll see him making many 55 yards or over tries, at this time. Hopefully he can get some more strength as time goes on.
I’m at a point where if they go through the stinkin uprights, then I’ll take it.

The kid just had the game of his life! Also helped Trevor and Meyer get their first win in the NFL.
(10-17-2021, 01:27 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 01:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Can kickers increase leg strength at this level? I honestly don't know.

look at how scrawny this kid is. Look at Josh Scobee's rookie year to his later career; yes strength and conditioning programs will even improve things for kickers if there's room to grow.

I dont care particularly about pure range, I just don't want to hold my breath every kick

Today's confidence booster will help his mental game.